Pokemon Scarlet and Violet

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 19 Oct 2022, 18:53

It will do the things bulbasaur failed to do, that is grow vines and use them as helicopter propellers XD makes total sense lol

Spoiler:  
And when its done flying at least they can always land on their feet

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 25 Oct 2022, 22:03

New pokemon revealed: Greavard

~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 08 Nov 2022, 20:41

To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 15 Nov 2022, 03:27

only a few more days!

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 15 Nov 2022, 03:30

So close but yet so far.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 20 Nov 2022, 17:02

Ok, so I've got a bone to pick with this game because I genuinely feel like we've gone back at least 10 years as far as production is concerned. For a game from a franchise that's so prestigious and coming from this day and age I've never seen something so lazy it's disgusting. Most of the background animations looks like 2/3 of the frames have been dropped, flawed dialogue response options and some of the names of the new pokemon are quite frankly uncreative. I'm trying to look past all of this because I still quite like the incorporation of the legendary (not gonna say how for spoiler reasons) and I do like the setting and the idea of how there is different paths and they basically let you to your own devices and work your way around the map without telling you what you can do next. Sure, I probably named more good things than bad but for the bad things there is no excuse, games that have been around for years that are smoother looking than this. GameFreak should really apologize for knowingly getting this out. It is lazily done and clearly needed more time on it. For how much it is worth I'm not particularly happy.

Lauren
VG mod

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 23 Nov 2022, 14:57

A post on "Giant Freakin Robot" is saying that a great many people are disappointed with the new game, and Nintendo appears to agree with them.

"The recently released Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet are apparently so buggy that video game giant Nintendo is doing something we never thought possible - giving refunds. Has anyone seen a flying pig?"

" Apparently, the games suffer from an astounding number of technical issues, performance problems, and underwhelming visuals that have distressed the fandom to the point that the community is asking Nintendo for refunds...But what’s surprising about this is that Nintendo IS handing out refunds."

"Nobody expected Nintendo would give refunds, especially if the game is playable - and both Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet are playable. However, the fandom took the issue to social media, sharing clips of the games’ performance problems, calling the masses to avoid purchasing this technical disaster; thus sending Nintendo and Game Freak (the developer) a very clear message. Nintendo acknowledged the mistake and accepted the refund requests."

Source - Jason Collins via Giant Freakin Robot & MSN.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 23 Nov 2022, 20:08

Giving refunds is quite a short lived solution as much as this would be fair- it is like £50 for the game for it to be buggy as heck. But what Game Freak really needs to do is to patch it. Urgently. It just doesn't look ready at all.

I will add that for me it's not just the bugs. There are certain areas where the design is just flawed and just so mundane. If you seen any of the evolutions for the new pokemon some of them really are just lazy. I'm just thankful that it's still playable and the setting looks beautiful.

Lauren
VG mod

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 24 Nov 2022, 08:08

I started my Pokémon scarlet journey on Tuesday. I picked Quaxly as my starter and named him Dandy Duck cos with that quiff he reminds me of space dandy. My switch friend code is SW-6781-1641-6612

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 24 Nov 2022, 14:16

The last good Pokemon game I played was Ruby on the DS.

Also, Nintendo first party games always have, and always will be, aimed at kids, anyone over the age of about 15 won't care, even my 14 year old nephew's defected from his Switch to Xbox.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 25 Nov 2022, 23:10

these are the best pokemon games since black/white

don't @ me

the graphical problems are the only thing holding it back

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 29 Nov 2022, 00:13

Elgood81 wrote:
24 Nov 2022, 08:08
I started my Pokémon scarlet journey on Tuesday. I picked Quaxly as my starter and named him Dandy Duck cos with that quiff he reminds me of space dandy. My switch friend code is SW-6781-1641-6612

I'll add you, I started with fire abd named him blaze. I got a ditto and have three little fire starters now.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 30 Nov 2022, 15:55

No spoilers but the Path of Legends is making me tear up a bit :')

Lauren
VG mod

UnmeiNoTenshi
Standard Member
Wales

Achievements

Post by UnmeiNoTenshi » 30 Nov 2022, 16:11

If anyone has spare grass or water starters to share I'm happy to trade if I have anything you want

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 30 Nov 2022, 18:26

Haven't got round to breeding anything yet, still need to get my hands on a ditto before I do any of that

Lauren
VG mod