[IMPORTANT!] Merging two forums - Gaming & Entertainment

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Your Choice?

Merge EZ and VG into Games & Entertainment
90%
Keep them Separate - and I will help make my section active (Please state how in reply)
10%
Other (Perhaps merge EZ into GD, please specify)
No votes

Total votes: 10

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by Ferefire » 17 Jun 2022, 00:43

As things stand, both Entertainment Zone and Video Gaming are close to dead.

So, we're looking at merging the two forums. We'd like you, as our members to give you your feedback here.

Please vote and let us know. Please do note, if you want to not do a merger, then please do pledge to help, and reply in how you will make it so. Thanks.
---

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Gaming & Entertainment - Merging two forums.. [IMPORTANT!]

Post by Ferefire » 17 Jun 2022, 00:48

To be clear, myself and the admins will not be voting on this. We genuinely wish to see if people are bothered or not. If not then a merger will simply occur. ^
---

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 18 Jun 2022, 13:11

I am personally more concerned that Mel is the only mod on the EZ section. Merging them both will very much add numbers to mods on a section. Personally the more the merrier at this point just so there is back up when there are people unavailable to post/moderate etc
Either way with cons starting back up it is gonna be tricky to keep activity up which does kinda back up the above point.

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by Ferefire » 18 Jun 2022, 22:21

LilMissCrazy wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 13:11
I am personally more concerned that Mel is the only mod on the EZ section. Merging them both will very much add numbers to mods on a section. Personally the more the merrier at this point just so there is back up when there are people unavailable to post/moderate etc
Either way with cons starting back up it is gonna be tricky to keep activity up which does kinda back up the above point.
I definitely agree with this approach, we need to be realistic here with what we can do. I don't think it's fair that @LikkleMel is expected to take care of EZ where clearly very few people are particularly bothered or willing to put themselves down even as an assistant.

It's always very easy to criticise, give speculation and give arguments, much harder to do the work and help out. With this in mind, I would say the opinion is swaying toward the merger. We need doers and not talkers here.
---

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 18 Jun 2022, 22:38

@Star to be clear I know Grace better than you and everyone on this forum. I specifically asked her if she was OK if we could merge EZ and VG together and she was completely fine with it. I understand she has had a child, so I don't expect her to be on 24/7 like she usually is. Life matters more than online forums at the end of the day, but this wouldn't be a matter to discuss if Grace as Head of VG was uncomfortable with it. As one of her closest friends I don't appreciate the insinuation that I and Mike are either manipulate or use her when she agreed to it and support fully.

We have basically opened the option to the people here on the forums who post and engage with the community to see the general opinion. If that makes sense? :)
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by Ferefire » 21 Jun 2022, 00:35

@Star I could argue your words, but quite frankly shall we just cut to the chase - are you willing to help out with either section or are you not? You seem to use "just being 17" and "being busy" (we all are and we all have our own things happening, that doesn't stop us helping out and contributing?) as a reason to not help out when we have several mods here who are of a similar age and with more commitments. @morganlucille for example is the same age as you, and is not only a mod, but a senior member of staff for the events amongst other things and 2-3 IRL jobs and education going on. Christ, even @GraceMellody is having a kid and is simply taking a short break and intends to be fully back very soon indeed?

I dislike those who spend more time writing up extensive (and quite frankly IMO daft) opinions instead of just getting on with it and helping out. Dealt with too many of those kind over the years - so help out first and then we'll have a look at your opinions on AL after that. There are many people on here who show far more commitment and dedication than you have and their opinion will be valued higher until you show that too. That is how I run my ship here. This is a meritocracy whereby those who prove themselves and commit will be valued moreso than those who do not.
---

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by Ferefire » 21 Jun 2022, 04:54

Okay, so you're not up for helping out. A very long-winded way to say it, but thanks for finally being honest there and giving your (hopefully now cos you're quite frankly have hijacked this topic) final words. If only you spent half that time helping out here rather than typing you'd be a half-decent mod.

Anyway, can we have other people's opinions now? As much as you may wish to be the "Star" of the show, this is not about you. Please let others contribute and respect their space to contribute as you are verging on trolling this topic now. To be clear, no more replies, leave this be. OTHER opinions, NOT yours. Thank you.
---

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by Ferefire » 21 Jun 2022, 23:31

So, I'm happy to say that we have taken all feedback (both public and private) into account and will do the following as a compromise -

#1 - Entertainment Zone will be removed.
#2. Video Gaming will be renamed and repurposed as Gaming Zone. This will include tabletop gaming, TCGing, and even roleplaying online. This section will indeed be a part of that and seek to see that happen again here!
#3. General Discussion will stay the same name, but will also take on Entertainment that is NOT gaming related - namely films, TV, sports and so forth. This will help differentiate GD from CL and avoid it being simply spam forum #2.

This approach will massively strengthen both VG (aka GZ shortly) and GD as they take on to themselves more stuff to look after. It will also potentially reopen the door for RP on AL here..

@Elgood81
@GraceMellody
@LikkleMel

As the three hmods of the secions involved, can you sign off on this? Many thanks.
---

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 22 Jun 2022, 10:40

I’m still happy with it :) looking forward to it
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Ravendreamsx
Hot Pink Member
Hot Pink Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Ravendreamsx » 02 Aug 2022, 08:59

I think it would be best since most people talk about games in the entertainment zone and a lot of the other forms of entertainment cross over. It won't be strictly about gaming like it is here. Strictly gaming is like COD and Fortnite which have no storyline or lore compared to the games mentioned in the entertainment zone. I doubt many people would be bothered if it merged. It would create more clarity.
I'm Haris and I like Highschool DND and stuff like Zombieland saga. Looking for more weeb friends dm me
I am currently watching Blue Seed and loving it.
Currently playing WoW Classic and Midnight Ghosthunter
ImageImage
Would love some recommendations on different anime in the supernatural category
I also like kpop and want to learn Korean if anyone has any recommendations 

[url=http:s//www.steamsignature.com]Image[/url]
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online