No More EA FIFA Games?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

No More EA FIFA Games?

Post by Ojisama » 10 May 2022, 20:11

Electronic Arts (EA) have confirmed that they will stop making FIFA video games after FIFA 2023. While FIFA is one of the most profitable brands in gaming history, the cost of the game's licence was one of the reasons why the drastic decision was made.

All is not lost however. The company WILL still be making football video games with the name EA Sports FC. 

A statement read: "I want to start by thanking this incredible community of more than 150 million fans for helping build the world’s biggest football entertainment platform - EA SPORTS FIFA. After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining interactive football experiences, we will soon begin an exciting new era. Next year, EA SPORTS FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS. Everything you love about our games will be part of EA SPORTS FC – the same great experiences, modes, leagues, tournaments, clubs and athletes will be there. Ultimate Team, Career Mode, Pro Clubs and VOLTA Football will all be there."

Fans can also rest assured that they will still able to play as Premier League teams like Liverpool, who have been fictitiously called Merseyside Red on Pro Evolution Soccer, FIFA's rival game which does not have the licence. EA have signed up 19,000 athletes, 700 teams, 100 stadiums and more than 30 leagues for future games.

FIFA 23 will hit the shelves this autumn, while the first edition of EA Sports FC is expected to release late next year.

Source - Mirror
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

No More EA FIFA Games?

Post by LilMissLarBear » 07 Jun 2022, 14:04

I haven't been a fan of EA's recent logistics- charging so much for a game plus relying quite heavily on microtransactions. I've never been a fan of anything based around that, never let alone just EA here (I just know EA can be quite bad for this) Yes that aside it's a good game, I used to play quite a bit before they introduced the Ultimate team stuff so in that respect I feel quite sad it's going. Don't suppose it has anything to do with FIFA themselves? Have they just decided to not play a partnership with EA anymore? I not sure if there even was one to begin with, I'm just guessing so otherwise it would be a bad move to just create a football game named after the football organisation without permission all this time

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

No More EA FIFA Games?

Post by GraceMellody » 12 Jun 2022, 21:10

I’m curious as to whether FIFA will try to sell to another company
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

WendellStevenson
Spain

Achievements

No More EA FIFA Games?

Post by WendellStevenson » 02 Jul 2022, 08:07

sad news , i saw on the internet that fifa chino apk 2022 is very popular , has EA started selling them ?