Resident Evil Franchise

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Resident Evil Franchise

Post by GraceMellody » 12 Jan 2022, 17:21

I remember watching parents play as a kid, that's about it. Village has almost tempted me though... where should a beginner start?
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Resident Evil Franchise

Post by GraceMellody » 12 Jan 2022, 20:57

Naughty Kitty wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 20:21
Offhand I'd say with Resident Evil 8 aka Resident Evil Village since that's the one you want. I can go through it if you want but typically you should expect a challenging game, managing resources like ammo, healing items etc, puzzles to solve, and most of the time having to think a little to get through some of the challenges. But I've seen you play other games with those mechanics you should be okay again if you like I can double check. If you really like it you can go back and play the other games after. The remakes of the first few games aren't bad (IMO) and they and the later games should be available for you if you want them. Just be ready for a challenge is all. RE games typically don't cut you a whole lot of slack but they aren't too bad once you get the hang of it. Just say the word if you want me to go back through it first for you. :)
So they don't have to be played chronologically then? That's good to hear, it's always difficult to do that when games have this many installments, lol
@MelodiqueArt

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Resident Evil Franchise

Post by GraceMellody » 12 Jan 2022, 21:17

Nah it's fine, you don't need to check just for that. I'd probably forget anything spoilery anyway XD
@MelodiqueArt

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Resident Evil Franchise

Post by GraceMellody » 13 Jan 2022, 17:11

Fair!! I'll have to check it out
@MelodiqueArt

Coding
Veteran Member
Australia

Achievements

Resident Evil Franchise

Post by Coding » 21 Jan 2022, 01:45

RE8 was pretty good, I need to hit it back up to do a Village of Shadows run starting with no unlockables. RE7 is always fun to go back to as well. RE2 Remake though, that's one I constantly go back too. Mostly after watching a speedrun/no damage run because I feel inclined to try the strats to cut my own times down.