Unpopular video game opinions: share them!

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 22 Nov 2021, 22:35

I agree that too many people want remakes/remasters. I myself am kind of partial to some of the older games, like Vagrant Story in particular which is timeless in my opinion. The obsession with better graphics seems like it's starting to take away from the story and character of games, if it hasn't already. While I'm someone that does play Vita/PS3/PS4 games, I still do enjoy older ones too like Yugioh Forbidden Memories which I've picked up recently again. So, it definitely seems like something is lost with all these enhanced/updated graphics, at the very least it sometimes applies to certain games. So, I guess that's an unpopular opinion right there. lol

I think the Vita should get more games. I know Sony isn't interested in the portable/handheld gaming market but I just wish they'd do a 180 one day and announce that they were making a Vita 2. lol I'd love that so much. Won't happen, but a guy can dream, right? :^_^:

I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion, but it seems like it would be: I think they should make an optional offline mode for games that use an online connection and can't be played without one. As someone who has wifi, it's not robust enough for me to be able to play online like that, and I've tried with several games. It'd be nice to be able to at least experience an offline version of games that only have online play.

I can't really think of another one, at least not right now. I hope I'm not forgetting something. :sweatdrop:

jntuwa
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by jntuwa » 26 Nov 2021, 18:55

Here's some of mine:

Final Fantasy X-2 isn't as bad as people say it is. Its just the sloppy execution of the story that holds it back imo.

MGS: Twin Snakes > OG MGS1 in terms of gameplay, OST and those sweet cutscenes.

Batman: Arkham Asylum is the best Arkham game. Everything else after that is inferior in some way for me.

The Last of Us is an 8/10 game at best. Not a masterpiece like most say it is.

Wii U games getting ported to Switch isn't that bad (except the price gouging of some games) as the Wii U flopped hard. I say this as someone who didn't own a Wii U during its hey day... Well, I almost did until I got a PS4 in 2016.
Joseph