FNAF canceled

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Dark_
Retroactive Member
Retroactive Member
Great Britain

FNAF canceled

Post by Dark_ » 18 Jun 2021, 21:54

can we get a F for scott cawthon in the thread

SpInNy FinGeRS

Dark_
Retroactive Member
Retroactive Member
Great Britain

FNAF canceled

Post by Dark_ » 18 Jun 2021, 21:55

"ill see you on the flip side" scott cawthon

:(

SpInNy FinGeRS

Angelic Prime
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

FNAF canceled

Post by Angelic Prime » 21 Jun 2021, 12:15

I saw this and was literally about to point out the franchise isn't technically cancelled.

He did say he may give it to somebody else, so who knows :P

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

FNAF canceled

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 22 Jun 2021, 17:13

Angelic Prime wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 12:15
I saw this and was literally about to point out the franchise isn't technically cancelled.

He did say he may give it to somebody else, so who knows :P

The games are pretty average imo. They have a huge cult following for sure though so I guess someone will pick up the IP.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Overlord Kujo
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

FNAF canceled

Post by Overlord Kujo » 23 Jun 2021, 14:45

Unpopular opinion, but I'm pretty glad they might die off. I don't see the appeal of sitting in a room looking at screens, and the supposedly complex lore is kinda... well, just badly written. None of the story feels planned out. It feels more like Cawthon just watched Game Theory and went, "... Yeah, alright. That sounds about right."

Even without playing the games, I was semi-invested in the first handful of games' stories. But it's a complete mess now. The shark was jumped long ago.

Help me conquer new game realms at the
Overlord Arcade YouTube channel!

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

FNAF canceled

Post by GraceMellody » 23 Jun 2021, 18:29

I already made a thread for this :(
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

FNAF canceled

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 24 Jun 2021, 01:15

Overlord Kujo wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 14:45
Unpopular opinion, but I'm pretty glad they might die off. I don't see the appeal of sitting in a room looking at screens, and the supposedly complex lore is kinda... well, just badly written. None of the story feels planned out. It feels more like Cawthon just watched Game Theory and went, "... Yeah, alright. That sounds about right."

Even without playing the games, I was semi-invested in the first handful of games' stories. But it's a complete mess now. The shark was jumped long ago.
The Game Theory videos about FNAF are 10 times more interesting than the actual games.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

FNAF canceled

Post by Baul » 28 Jun 2021, 04:00

Overlord Kujo wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 14:45

Honestly, if it werent for the big youtube channels covering this game drawing in a massive following. The series probably wouldn't be where it is now. To me it's quite an average to mediocre series, the gameplay was alright for the first game and it really should have just kept to 1-2 games because the concept got old, quick. Especially with the jumpscares which are really the laziest form of scaring people because of how forced the scare is.

As for the lore, I agree. Again, it seemed interesting for the first game with it's vague hints at something going on allowing for theory crafting. But then it just seemed like he was just writing it around fan theories and making it way more upfront about what was going on. Should have just kept it vague and in the background.

I lost interest after the second game. 2 games were enough for me.

It really is just a game that got way too popular for what it was.

But the dude made mad bank from a rather average/mediocre game. Gotta respect that.
Mark my words
They will be gone
You'll see them playing games, my dear
They've moved along
Cause one day in the afterlife
We'll meet again
Prophecies - Blind Guardian

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

FNAF canceled

Post by LikkleMel » 07 Jul 2021, 16:49

I liked the books don't get me wrong :) But I was never an avid fan like you guys said Game Thorey was the one who made it interesting for me :)
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

FNAF canceled

Post by LikkleMel » 07 Jul 2021, 16:49

But also F in chat
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~