Your biggest surprise & disappointment in gaming

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 25 May 2021, 03:30

What are your biggest surprises and most disappointing games ever? This is not the best or worst, but those that surpassed or didn't meet your expectations.

For example, I am surprised how fun Civ 5 is ngl though I'm disappointed in Shadow of the Tomb Raider as it was just dull and I had to drag myself through it. 
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 25 May 2021, 20:37

Biggest surprise would probably be enjoying Dead by Daylight so much

Biggest disappointment I would probably say Civ 6? I just don't like it at all compared to Civ 5
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 04 Jun 2021, 21:39

I was surprised how fun Xenoverse 1 is. I still like to play it. :dance: The RNG rates do get frustrating but it makes the game last longer. ^_^ The gameplay is fun and it's epic how it feels like playing right out of the series.

The disappointment Trophy goes to Tekken 6. I liked each character having their own ending movie. I loved the prologue style of Tekken 4 & 5, but I wish they kept it that way. >_<

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 06 Jun 2021, 17:52

Biggest surprise: how many hours of Pokemon Sword and Shield I have managed to rack up since March XD
Biggest disappointment: This is more referring to pre-updates but I was disappointed how quickly Phasmophobia got easier and potentially not as scary. It got to a point where I was practically speed running these ghost hunts which took away the atmospheric aspect of the game a bit.

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 18 Jul 2021, 17:56

Biggest surprise? Konami are still around.
Biggest disappointment? The way Konami treated Hideo Kojima
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Angelic Prime
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Angelic Prime » 20 Jul 2021, 13:47

Biggest Surprise: After hearing about it so much i decided to get a Vita for Persona 4 Golden, and i was floored by how much i love that game.

Biggest Disapointment: Sonic 06 and knowing that the version of MGS 5 we got will never, ever be complete.

YuseiFudou97
Standard Member

Achievements

Post by YuseiFudou97 » 21 Jul 2021, 20:30

Emotive wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 21:39
I was surprised how fun Xenoverse 1 is. I still like to play it. :dance: The RNG rates do get frustrating but it makes the game last longer. ^_^ The gameplay is fun and it's epic how it feels like playing right out of the series.

The disappointment Trophy goes to Tekken 6. I liked each character having their own ending movie. I loved the prologue style of Tekken 4 & 5, but I wish they kept it that way. >_<

You should consider buying Xenoverse 2 then! Me and a homie still play it a ton. Whether it be Quests or PvP. Plus they're releasing more upcoming DLC for Fall 2021, can't go wrong there! :haha:

And as for Tekken... Tekken 7 just didn't have a high budget. A lot of small details are also gone on stages and character models look... yeah... I'm sure the next game will be much more detailed! I'm still playing it a ton whether it be on PC or PS5! :XD:

And as for biggest surprise I can think of: Demon's Souls announcement for the PS5. I completely lost it! :omg:

Biggest disappointment: We'll never get a Metal Gear Rising 2 as a sequel... Revengeance is such an amazing game.
Good becomes great, this is why you were chosen
Because a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows, compassion

Moulders
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Moulders » 22 Jul 2021, 10:47

Surprise: Hotline Miami
Disappointment: Vietcong 2
"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause, each one of us must fight on to the end."

Earl Douglas Haig, Order to the British Army, 12 April 1918

So death, the most terrifying of ills, is nothing to us, since so long as we exist, death is not with us; but when death comes, then we do not exist. It does not then concern either the living or the dead, since the former it is not, and the latter are no more.

Epicurus Letter to Menoeceus

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 25 Jul 2021, 16:36

YuseiFudou97 wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 20:30
Emotive wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 21:39

You should consider buying Xenoverse 2 then! Me and a homie still play it a ton. Whether it be Quests or PvP. Plus they're releasing more upcoming DLC for Fall 2021, can't go wrong there! :haha:

And as for Tekken... Tekken 7 just didn't have a high budget. A lot of small details are also gone on stages and character models look... yeah... I'm sure the next game will be much more detailed! I'm still playing it a ton whether it be on PC or PS5! :XD:

And as for biggest surprise I can think of: Demon's Souls announcement for the PS5. I completely lost it! :omg:

Biggest disappointment: We'll never get a Metal Gear Rising 2 as a sequel... Revengeance is such an amazing game.
I preordered XV2 and got most of the DLC, I just never finished XV1 so I'm trying to beat it before I pick up XV2 again. You've got awesome taste in games, my friend! :dance:

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 03 Aug 2021, 13:24

I preordered the physical copy of DDLC Plus with merch when it was announced, and now it’s been out digitally for over a month and I still don’t have it :c

Not lost they just straight up haven’t got it ready yet, hype is gonna have died by the time I get it!
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt