Cyberpunk 2077

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds » 18 Dec 2020, 17:41

Microsoft has followed sony, but not delisting it tho

DaddyCool
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by DaddyCool » 18 Dec 2020, 20:57

Genuine question am I the only PS4 owner who has suffered 1 crash and a total of 2 glitches......compared to some Nes/Atari 2600 games I've played back in the day as a kid that's nothing.
May I never be complete.
May I never be content.
May I never be perfect.

Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds » 18 Dec 2020, 21:01

Its the framerate. unsure if the recent patches have the fixed unstable fps from 10 - 30 fps

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Beerkeg » 18 Dec 2020, 21:16

Feeling pretty good about doubting the hype. I'll just wait for the crack and if its decent, gonna wait till it goes on sale for like 10 bucks or so.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by GraceMellody » 18 Dec 2020, 21:46

[quote=DaddyCool post_id=4938466 time=<a href="tel:1608325056">1608325056</a> user_id=64627]
Genuine question am I the only PS4 owner who has suffered 1 crash and a total of 2 glitches......compared to some Nes/Atari 2600 games I've played back in the day as a kid that's nothing.
[/quote]it seems pretty random, I’ve seen some people with older PS4s who’ve only had visual glitches and some people with newer ones who’ve had constant crashing, it’s really unstable[quote=Beerkeg post_id=4938471 time=<a href="tel:1608326214">1608326214</a> user_id=100737]
Feeling pretty good about doubting the hype. I'll just wait for the crack and if its decent, gonna wait till it goes on sale for like 10 bucks or so.
[/quote]seems like the best route to take lol
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 28 Dec 2020, 20:57

It's a real shame, underneath the bugs and crashes is a fantastic game. Really enjoyable engrossing gameplay and a well told story, however even I the ultimate optimist had to stop playing it due to the game crashes becoming way more frequent as I got deeper into the game. Gunna grind out WoW for a few weeks and start a new run with this once a few more patches and updates are released.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by LikkleMel » 30 Dec 2020, 01:44

I honestly do want to get it, but I'll probs wait until everything is fixed especially as I realistically want to play it on my PS5 as I don't think my current PC rig would handle it quite well. Waiting on a processor upgrade :)
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Jim Nickabocker
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Jim Nickabocker » 01 Jan 2021, 22:52

Oh good grief, where to even start with this thing? First off, I wanna say that I got it pretty much on day 1 for the PC and I can say without a shadow of a doubt, that it's got crazy potential.. but I can't outright say it's a good game.

That being said, it's got a good foundation. Good characters, various intriguing narrative paths to follow including the main one. But even on a rig that can run the game effectively, I've found a handful of problems that I can't help but feel as though it could have easily been taken care of with more time and less crunch. People standing up on their motorcycles, invisible pistol magazines, sound/music cues that are stuck on loop well after cinematics, dialogue overlapping each other at a comedic rate, item preview windows getting stuck on the HUD display and receiving calls in the middle of a supposed cinematic are just some of the things I bore witness to in my 100+hours of playing the game.

I honestly think this game would have done so much better had the higher ups at the game studio emphasized on quality instead of trying to get it out on a specific date. And while I'm sure after a good amount of time, the game will see plenty of patches and fixes that will essentially get it out of the glitched up hole it dug itself into, in my humble opinion, the damage has been done. I can't recall a game getting so successfully hyped up to the point that its fall from grace was essentially a freefall straight from near-space.

Anywho, long story short. Potentially great game which completely missed its mark on launch day due to preventable decision-making. Numerous glitches that hold it back from truly being epic, would not recommend for consoles until way down the line. 4/10
“A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Sometimes in life it's the only weapon we have.”

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by GraceMellody » 25 Jan 2021, 22:02

Jim Nickabocker wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 22:52
Oh good grief, where to even start with this thing? First off, I wanna say that I got it pretty much on day 1 for the PC and I can say without a shadow of a doubt, that it's got crazy potential.. but I can't outright say it's a good game.

That being said, it's got a good foundation. Good characters, various intriguing narrative paths to follow including the main one. But even on a rig that can run the game effectively, I've found a handful of problems that I can't help but feel as though it could have easily been taken care of with more time and less crunch. People standing up on their motorcycles, invisible pistol magazines, sound/music cues that are stuck on loop well after cinematics, dialogue overlapping each other at a comedic rate, item preview windows getting stuck on the HUD display and receiving calls in the middle of a supposed cinematic are just some of the things I bore witness to in my 100+hours of playing the game.

I honestly think this game would have done so much better had the higher ups at the game studio emphasized on quality instead of trying to get it out on a specific date. And while I'm sure after a good amount of time, the game will see plenty of patches and fixes that will essentially get it out of the glitched up hole it dug itself into, in my humble opinion, the damage has been done. I can't recall a game getting so successfully hyped up to the point that its fall from grace was essentially a freefall straight from near-space.

Anywho, long story short. Potentially great game which completely missed its mark on launch day due to preventable decision-making. Numerous glitches that hold it back from truly being epic, would not recommend for consoles until way down the line. 4/10
Thanks for the review! It's nice to hear an in depth opinion about the game. I did consider it at one point, but I definitely don't think i'll be buying it now (or at the very least until massive improvements are made)
@MelodiqueArt

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by LilMissLarBear » 25 Jan 2021, 22:21

Yeah this all day long. I mentioned it over in Gamer Clan but I will say it again (but slightly reworded)- just because a game is bad now, doesnt mean its a bad game in general. Games like these that are more bigger and open world can improve with the right patches and things. Take No Man's Sky for example, that got quite bad reviews (from what I seen anyway) when it first came out then it got better as the game got updated now it won the award for Best Ongoing game in 2020. Some folk are forgetting that it will take time and at that point the game just wasnt ready. With more updates Im sure this will be great.

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by GraceMellody » 25 Jan 2021, 22:39

Oh definitely! And I do hope that it does improve, there's so much potential there
@MelodiqueArt

Jim Nickabocker
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Jim Nickabocker » 02 Feb 2021, 22:15

I'm super glad to see a lot of folks feeling the same way. I think most of the negativity comes from the disappointment that we didn't get as much polish as we expected on launch day. But as @Heyitslaurenk mentioned, there's still a chance to improve itself and fix the problems that seem to have cropped up. I have faith they'll get to it, it's just gonna be a while I'm sure!

Also glad my review was useful @GraceMellody! I'd say give it a while before purchasing. They're already making strides with regular fixes and patches which have fixed some of the problems that take you out of the emersion. They'll get it to where it needs to be at some point!
“A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Sometimes in life it's the only weapon we have.”

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 03 Feb 2021, 06:22

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 22:21
Yeah this all day long. I mentioned it over in Gamer Clan but I will say it again (but slightly reworded)- just because a game is bad now, doesnt mean its a bad game in general. Games like these that are more bigger and open world can improve with the right patches and things. Take No Man's Sky for example, that got quite bad reviews (from what I seen anyway) when it first came out then it got better as the game got updated now it won the award for Best Ongoing game in 2020. Some folk are forgetting that it will take time and at that point the game just wasnt ready. With more updates Im sure this will be great.
Also Witcher 3 was an absolute mess on launch but nobody remembers that :p
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 11 Feb 2021, 03:06

gunna finish my playthrough on this now a few patches have been installed.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by GraceMellody » 16 Feb 2021, 02:50

Nishizono Shinji wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 03:06
gunna finish my playthrough on this now a few patches have been installed.
*salutes* WE WISH YOU LOOK, BRAVE SOLDIER
@MelodiqueArt