Cyberpunk 2077

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Kai » 12 Dec 2020, 20:06

I really don't want to hear people defending this attrocious mess after SAO fans crucified Aquria and Bandai Namco, and that game has a shoestring budget in comparison. the way this was handled wasn't the least bit reviewer friendly either.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's no such thing as a consumer-friendly company. They're all just purely out to prey on our wallets/bank accounts, so it's when they pull anti-consumer crap like this that you can't give them a crutch to lean on. They knew the Gen 8 console versions were unfit for release yet they did so anyways, on top of the fact that it looks more like a late Gen 7 game and runs at 720p with dips as low as 15fps, embarrassing for such a blockbuster game

I'm tired of people brown-nosing this company TBH, they haven't really done anything special apart from having an anti-DRM PC store, but that's something to crucify their rivals over more than to celebrate their "goodwill"

I won't lie, I sound like an asshole for saying all this, but this is just taking advantage of, and abusing the trust of their fanbase, even reviewers and other gaming-focused YouTubers have questioned their thought process behind this.

rant over
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by lolin » 12 Dec 2020, 22:19

CDPR demands crunch out the wazoo and tons of employees were stuck working on 2077 for like 15 hour work schedules.

I don't know why you'd defend them in general when they have shitty practices like that.

MPXX
Great Britain

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by MPXX » 13 Dec 2020, 14:11

There are some serious issues with this game on console right now. 2 of my friends who were extremely hyped for it have ended up getting refunds. I'm playing on PS5 where performance is SLIGHTLY better and have to say, technical issues and clunky combat aside, I am reeeeaally enjoying it. One of the most immersive game worlds I have ever experienced... Like, jaw-droppingly good. Such a shame about the technical issues and really feel for anyone playing on the baseline consoles.
My first single 'Afterlife/Superhighway' (feat. Hatsune Miku) is out now on Spotify and Bandcamp (^^)

https://mpxx.bandcamp.com/album/afterli ... tsune-miku

IG: @mpxxmusic
Twitter: @mpxx20
TikTok: @mpxxmusic

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Beex » 13 Dec 2020, 18:04

I have not played it. But they did a promo with Rockstar energy drinks. Each pull tab had a code good for $1USD Microsoft credit. Too bad it maxed out at $60 worth of tabs. I'd have enough for a Surface if not for the limit.

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GFX by:Ioreth

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by GraceMellody » 13 Dec 2020, 20:32

Keep seeing adverts for this, kinda funny how they’re trying desperately to sell a game that nobody has anything good to say anout
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by lolin » 13 Dec 2020, 22:42

GingerbreadMellody wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 20:32
Keep seeing adverts for this, kinda funny how they’re trying desperately to sell a game that nobody has anything good to say anout

When your company spends more than 5 years working on a single game only, you HAVE to sell it

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Kai » 15 Dec 2020, 07:05

to sum it up, they've apologised and announced a mini-roadmap of patches through to February, but have conceded that unsatisfied owners should request a refund, though it now seems like that Sony and Microsoft, who were accepting refunds before CDPR spoke up, are now rejecting many refund requests

They thoroughly shot themselves in the foot, and I wouldn't put it past them to shoot themselves in their other foot in the next 2 months
Image Image Image

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by GraceMellody » 15 Dec 2020, 12:26

Kai wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 07:05
to sum it up, they've apologised and announced a mini-roadmap of patches through to February, but have conceded that unsatisfied owners should request a refund, though it now seems like that Sony and Microsoft, who were accepting refunds before CDPR spoke up, are now rejecting many refund requests

They thoroughly shot themselves in the foot, and I wouldn't put it past them to shoot themselves in their other foot in the next 2 months
the desperation is real with this company
@MelodiqueArt

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Kai » 16 Dec 2020, 05:40

15 Dec 2020, 12:26
Kai wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 07:05

the desperation is real with this company
It didn't take them very long to shoot themselves in their other foot either. Now they're basically insisting it's not their problem if Sony and Microsoft reject digital refund request as they never even made any special agreements with them.
Image Image Image

Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds » 16 Dec 2020, 18:36

I have been following the absolute mess since December 9th. I bought the game on steam on the 9th and pre-loaded, ready to play after work on 10th. After it released I heard about the mess that was happening on the base models of last gen (ps4 and Xbox 1). Videos showing just how poor it was. 15 fps and graphical issues to the point where the models was not rendered correctly, and took some time for the console to render them correctly. What makes this even worse, is that CDPR went out of the way for reviewers to ONLY review the PC version, and denied access to the console review codes and was strictly also NOT allowed to show any gameplay footage, even if its your own until it released. They knew the console versions was a mess, and yet they said previously that the game was running 'surprisingly well' on last gen consoles, which we all know now it was a pile of BS.

And then there is the refund mess aswell....

But on a more postive note. The game is absolutely fantastic, the story, the customation, the amount of detail in the world, the convos, the dialogue options. Each character has their own personality. So much care was put into the 7 years of development on this

And my take one the delays? CDPR should of either done 2 things knowing the issues at state

1) Keep the release date for the PC version (its the most stable version, but still buggy) and fixed most of those issues with a Day 0/1 patch and then delay the last gen versions to Feb 2021 at least

2) Delay the PC version, focus on a current gen (Ps5 and Xbox Series) and completely cancel the PS4 and Xbox 1 versions

I would advise people who want to play this game currently, to only pick it up , if you own a PS5, Xbox Series, a decent PC rig or via Stadia

Lets see what these 2 big patches coming out in Jan and Feb will do. Hopefully the devs are not crunching again for those patches, but I doubt it since they have already crunched for the game in the last at least year to get it out this year

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Kai » 18 Dec 2020, 06:29

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2020/ ... complaints

Wow...

You know you've screwed up when platform holders delist your game...

The last time SIE had to take action on a game, their policies changed within 6 months of the issue...
Image Image Image

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by GraceMellody » 18 Dec 2020, 09:04

Oh my goodness I just saw the news, this is getting crazy :o
@MelodiqueArt

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by GraceMellody » 18 Dec 2020, 09:11

Whoever made the Twitter news story dug up this tweet from 2018 and I’m cackling
23FD1BC7-B524-4430-9CC6-A949820C48A3.png
23FD1BC7-B524-4430-9CC6-A949820C48A3.png (1.16 MiB) Viewed 950 times
@MelodiqueArt

Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds » 18 Dec 2020, 14:59

Ive seen the news about the delisting. I wonder if Microsoft also does this. Even Fallout 76, Anthem and Marvels Avengers didn't get this bad in terms of PR

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by GraceMellody » 18 Dec 2020, 17:34

This gave me a chuckle

7A89621F-6852-405D-BA2C-B406231D809E.jpeg
7A89621F-6852-405D-BA2C-B406231D809E.jpeg (116.59 KiB) Viewed 929 times
@MelodiqueArt