Underrated Games?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Underrated Games?

Post by lolin » 05 Dec 2020, 20:28

lambda-sky wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 19:57
Falalalalalalalolin wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 18:28
Brave Fencer Musashi for the PS1

In its time, it was largely only purchased for the demo of FFVIII in it, I believe
That's a little tragic. :lol:
Very, considering it was a great game on its own. One of the earlier action RPGs.

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Underrated Games?

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 10 Dec 2020, 01:57

Mass Effect Andromeda. Got crazy bad reviews due to some horrible graphics bugs so nobody played it. It's actually s really good game, not quite on the level of the original trilogy but definitely worth playing.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Underrated Games?

Post by Emotive » 10 Dec 2020, 03:45

Nishizono Shinji wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 01:57
Mass Effect Andromeda. Got crazy bad reviews due to some horrible graphics bugs so nobody played it. It's actually s really good game, not quite on the level of the original trilogy but definitely worth playing.
I love the Mass Effect games but I haven't really been able to play them so when Andromeda came out I got it. lol Still haven't played it but that's because of other reasons than what people are complaining about. If graphics were that big of a deal to me I wouldn't still enjoy the old FFVII. XD

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Underrated Games?

Post by Baul » 10 Dec 2020, 04:17

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R series is criminally underrated. It's an absolutely amazing FPS game. Billed as a horror, though not really all that spooky other than a couple of specific locations in each game. But the atmosphere! It's absolutely dripping with a fantastically opressive atmosphere.

Oh, and slavjank. The games are wonderfully janky and slightly tempermental. But then again, it aint a slav game without jank.

The game spawned a few memes back in the day with The Bandit Radio music and Cheeki Breeki.

Mark my words
They will be gone
You'll see them playing games, my dear
They've moved along
Cause one day in the afterlife
We'll meet again
Prophecies - Blind Guardian

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Underrated Games?

Post by Baul » 10 Dec 2020, 04:19

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R series is criminally underrated. It's an absolutely amazing FPS game. Billed as a horror, though not really all that spooky other than a couple of specific locations in each game. But the atmosphere! It's absolutely dripping with a fantastically opressive atmosphere.

Oh, and slavjank. The games are wonderfully janky and slightly tempermental. But then again, it aint a slav game without jank.

The game spawned a few memes back in the day with The Bandit Radio music and Cheeki Breeki.

Though it does take a small fix to get the game to save properly (PCGW has that). There's an optional fan patch that'll fix some of the jank too, but I played without it and had a good time.
Mark my words
They will be gone
They've moved along
We'll meet again

Dangerous_D
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Underrated Games?

Post by Dangerous_D » 13 Mar 2021, 18:10

I remember the idiots at IGN gave the 2 Eureka 7 games on PS2 bad ratings, then of course I know for a fact they never played them, just like they gave every Gundam game in the US on PS2 bad ratings

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Underrated Games?

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 13 Mar 2021, 22:00

Emotive Android wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 03:45
Nishizono Shinji wrote:
I love the Mass Effect games but I haven't really been able to play them so when Andromeda came out I got it. lol Still haven't played it but that's because of other reasons than what people are complaining about. If graphics were that big of a deal to me I wouldn't still enjoy the old FFVII. XD

It's not that the graphics were bad there were some really awful bugs like character expression not matching the dialogue, or faces not rendering at all and your just talking to some floating eyes and teeth lol
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Underrated Games?

Post by Emotive » 13 Mar 2021, 23:13

Nishizono Shinji wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 22:00
Emotive Android wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 03:45
Nishizono Shinji wrote:

It's not that the graphics were bad there were some really awful bugs like character expression not matching the dialogue, or faces not rendering at all and your just talking to some floating eyes and teeth lol
Oh crap you just made that sound creepy. lol I didn't get too far though since I got multiple games around the same time and also got into some older games again, so I still need to finish Andromeda. I really do wish the PS Store was still usable in browsers though before Sony took away the ability to buy Classics in a browser or other games when they don't show up in the PS Store using that device (that's more about my Vita than anything else though). I maxed out the limit on my Wishlist too before they scrapped it. >.<

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Underrated Games?

Post by Baul » 14 Mar 2021, 22:08

Gonna throw in Yakuza as well.

If you've never played it, go do it now! Start with 0 and give it some time. Starts off pretty slow for a few hours but once it finally gives you the freedom to explore Kamurocho/Sotenboori, you're in for a treat.
Mark my words
They will be gone
They've moved along
We'll meet again

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Underrated Games?

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 15 Mar 2021, 14:34

Baul wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 22:08
Gonna throw in Yakuza as well.

If you've never played it, go do it now! Start with 0 and give it some time. Starts off pretty slow for a few hours but once it finally gives you the freedom to explore Kamurocho/Sotenboori, you're in for a treat.

Agreed I'm a few hours into Yakuza 0 and loving it

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Underrated Games?

Post by Emotive » 15 Mar 2021, 18:01

I'll have to keep that one in mind. I've been wondering about it and it looks really fun, so that's all I need to hear to convince me. lol

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Underrated Games?

Post by LilMissLarBear » 15 Mar 2021, 20:28

When i get chance to, i do love to play my indie games, and i feel like there are loads out there that are absolutely beautiful that no one has ever heard of and deserve more recognition. There are too many specifics to name that go in this category so im just going to leave that here XD

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Underrated Games?

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 24 Mar 2021, 07:28

Children of Morta is an absolutely wonderful game that nobody talks about

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Underrated Games?

Post by Baul » 25 Mar 2021, 16:09

I don't see enough people talking about ULTRAKILL.
Mark my words
They will be gone
They've moved along
We'll meet again

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Underrated Games?

Post by GraceMellody » 25 Mar 2021, 17:30

Nishizono Shinji wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 07:28
Children of Morta is an absolutely wonderful game that nobody talks about
Baul wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 16:09
I don't see enough people talking about ULTRAKILL.
Never heard of either of these - tell me more!
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt