Phasmophobia

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by LilMissLarBear » 14 Dec 2020, 19:25

All I want is a xmas patch where ghosts are wearing santa hats when they manifest, IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK???

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by LilMissLarBear » 19 Jan 2021, 15:55

Haven't played in a while due to server issues last time I played. The game has been updated quite a fair deal since I have played so I am thinking about playing again with the updates in action.

Updates that ive heard of so far are:
- ghosts can open locker and wardrobe doors making hiding a bit more riskier
- ghosts will chase you if you are nearby and they can hear you - this is even without the push to talk
- to be checked as they have changed this at least twice since I have heard of this point but the thermometer now updates the temp at a much slower rate- was every 5 seconds, then it changed to every 3 now i believe it has changed again?

This is to bear in mind if you plan on playing and you come across older Phas videos on YT to look up the gameplay

Lauren
VG mod

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Phasmophobia

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 03 Feb 2021, 06:26

I've heard mixed things about this game. Apparently when everything clicks it's a great experience but it's rare for that to happen. Does this sound right to those who play it?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by LilMissLarBear » 04 Feb 2021, 12:34

Nishizono Shinji wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 06:26
I've heard mixed things about this game. Apparently when everything clicks it's a great experience but it's rare for that to happen. Does this sound right to those who play it?

Umm... There are definitely some bugs like not being able to spot ghost orbs when the ghost has that as there criteria, fingerprints might take ages to show etc but I would say its been a lot better now than before. Quite a lot of patches have been made recently so there deffinitely some improvements being made in the game.

If anything for players that played the gane a lot I heard it started to get a bit boring- I know for me it got to a stage where I would manage to figure out the type of ghost before it would be allowed to physically hunt. Now, changes have been made to make hunts a bit harder and you have to be a bit more creative with how you gather your evidence.

Lauren
VG mod

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by GraceMellody » 01 Mar 2021, 18:35

Heyitsdaddyk wrote:
04 Feb 2021, 12:34
Nishizono Shinji wrote:

Umm... There are definitely some bugs like not being able to spot ghost orbs when the ghost has that as there criteria, fingerprints might take ages to show etc but I would say its been a lot better now than before. Quite a lot of patches have been made recently so there deffinitely some improvements being made in the game.

If anything for players that played the gane a lot I heard it started to get a bit boring- I know for me it got to a stage where I would manage to figure out the type of ghost before it would be allowed to physically hunt. Now, changes have been made to make hunts a bit harder and you have to be a bit more creative with how you gather your evidence.
I feel like getting bored is the big problem with a lot of games like this. Unless there's regular updates it becomes old fast because people get too into it and then bored faster
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Phasmophobia

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 06 Mar 2021, 19:12

GraceMellody wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 18:35
Heyitsdaddyk wrote:
04 Feb 2021, 12:34
Nishizono Shinji wrote:

I feel like getting bored is the big problem with a lot of games like this. Unless there's regular updates it becomes old fast because people get too into it and then bored faster
Yea gamers ruining a game for themselves has been a trend since games were a thing. I've been guilty of it myself, getting way too involved in a game doing too much too soon and burning out within a couple weeks.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by LilMissLarBear » 12 Mar 2021, 21:27

I mean you have got to give to some folk... I have seen streamers that are known for playing phasmophobia setting themselves their own challenges to mix things up and i think thats awesome!

Lauren
VG mod

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by GraceMellody » 19 Mar 2021, 13:26

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 21:27
I mean you have got to give to some folk... I have seen streamers that are known for playing phasmophobia setting themselves their own challenges to mix things up and i think thats awesome!
challenges are always a good way to go to not get bored!
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by LilMissLarBear » 19 Mar 2021, 13:33

Yeah i would never be able to any of them lol I think i would be too scared

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by LilMissLarBear » 08 Jan 2023, 21:52

beep boop, sorry for the thread revival but Ive been playing the game again and I thought in the back of my mind that Ive made such thread before!

Oh boy do I have a story to tell you guys:

Ok, So I was just sweating it out in Tanglewood- small map, no big deal, and about a couple minutes in I find my first bit of evidence which is spirit box. I kid you not this woman gave the most clearest response it shit me up ngl XD but it doesnt stop there! I lay the spirit box down and its still turned on while I grab other bits of equipment. From that point onwards I just had this lady saying the word "old" Every. Single. Time I walked past XD Eventually it got annoying so i just went "Oh shut up Jessica" to which she goes "hate" D:

So yeah, I ended up getting a ghost who complains about her age XD

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by LilMissLarBear » 06 Feb 2023, 17:21

I have been playing quite a bit of this recently and been starting to play with friends. Never done multiplayer prior and I honestly do think I prefer playing with others than alone!

On another note, also pissed off that the games has given the ghost type as Obake twice when the fingerprints look absolutely no different to all the other ghosts (one of the features of Obake is to leave unique evidence usually in the form of fingerprints but they can also shapeshift during a hunt)

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by LilMissLarBear » 15 Feb 2023, 20:36

New Phasmophobia update is coming soon and its set to wipe current levels so be sure to level up while you can!

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by LilMissLarBear » 01 Mar 2023, 16:48

New update was released yesterday with a new cursed item as well as other things! For anyone interested here is the new cursed item explained nicely  :)

For the rest of the patch notes for anyone who wants to check those out they are here:
https://progameguides.com/phasmophobia/ ... tch-notes/

Lauren
VG mod

PeskyEllis
Purple Member
Purple Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Phasmophobia

Post by PeskyEllis » 15 Mar 2023, 22:09

I swear I haven't played this in sooooo long. Need to get back to playing it