Playstation 4 and What Came Before It (Discussion)

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 16 Nov 2020, 22:30

Myself and @ChaoticKitty thought there should be a place where people that wouldn't be able to get a PS5 could just talk about the PS4 and everything else Playstation 4 and I thought it would also be nice if we could talk about what came before it too (like the PS Vita, PS1, PS2, PS3, etc.) games/news/anything else PS4 or having to do with the earlier Playstation systems in a thread without hearing the hype about the PS5 and its games. And, in the spirit of respecting that not everyone will be able to get a PS5 for whatever reason that some people aren't going to be able to get one let's all please refrain from talking about the PS5 in this thread. It pours a lot of salt on a big wound to keep hearing about the PS5 for those of us that can't or won't be able to get one, and this thread was made in an attempt so people can talk about the other Playstation things without being reminded of that.

Personally, I'm waiting to see more Dragon Ball Z Kakarot DLC before I really get fully into it. Right now I'm just trying to play some Dragon Ball Xenoverse 1 on my PS4 but it's unfortunate that there's no Remote Play for it. That would've been a big way I could play more of it. lol So most of the time I'm playing Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remastered on my Vita though I'm tempted to play FF IX that I downloaded to my Vita when I bought the PS Classic version at some point. 

How about you all? What's on your mind or what are you hoping to see either as a game for the PS4 or DLC you plan on getting (for the PS3 or Vita too) or you wish there was to get for a game you like? Or have you been playing some PS Classics? Maybe you've been playing PS2 games still and have a new PS2 favorite? Let's hear it. :)

ChaoticKitty
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by ChaoticKitty » 16 Nov 2020, 23:07

Yes @Android Spirit there needs to be a place where people won't feel ashamed or let down that they don't have a PS5. There were only limited ones made and some are actually being sold on eBay for thousands. There's going to be more HYPE than people actually having one to play this Christmas. And there's only limited games for it atm.

Myself personally I would like to be able to connect and play online on PS4 next month and was thinking this would be a great way for people to get involved? I would love to see a Remastered Final Fantasy XV as I really enjoyed that game or a back storyline. I like shooters, fighting and also anime type games.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 17 Nov 2020, 00:04

Seeing you talk about liking shooters reminded me that I wish our wifi was good enough for games like Destiny. lol Unfortunately it never occurred to me that there would really be games that would need to connect to an online server on the PS4 so I ended up buying I think it was the 1st Destiny game. So I put that in and waited for it to install and all that anticipation but found out the hard way that there were games like that now. XD I'm not hating on the game, I just wish I knew it needed to be played online. It looked so kewl though, I still wish I could play it because it just looks like one I'd really enjoy. Maybe we'll get better wifi and I'll be able to play it at some point though.

I liked FFXV even though I spent a lot of time just going around on bounties. lol I didn't even get too far in the game, the first story scenes you see before you're able to use the car were the only ones I really saw. I had way too much fun battling and trying to gain experience even though I don't think you were really supposed to do that so early on. XD I think I've bought all of the DLC for it too, except the most recent DLC for it anyway. I'd love to get a Remaster of it!! :D

ChaoticKitty
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by ChaoticKitty » 17 Nov 2020, 00:30

I really enjoy a good storyline in games now or games like Heavy Rain, Detroit: Becoming Human, Dreamfall etc. I managed to finish the game pretty well but didn't rank up to what I should have though as some boss enemies before the final battle were pretty high. But eh I managed to dodge them and beat the game. I have played Destiny a few times but not as much now, I used to play Borderlands and Black ops alot more. Right now I play alot of Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet or NI no Kuni.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 17 Nov 2020, 01:14

I've got a SAO game but I can't remember which one. I started it but I was getting a lot of games around that time too which I always get distracted with. lol So I never finished it. >< I've heard of Ni no Kuni and I kept meaning to get it but never could remember the name for it. >< >< So are Heavy Rain, Destroy: Becoming Human (also wanted to get that at some point) and Dreamfall shooter games? I don't think the Wishlist is an option anymore in the PS Store, so that's really frustrating. ><

ChaoticKitty
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by ChaoticKitty » 17 Nov 2020, 02:45

Android Spirit wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 01:14
Heavy Rain, Destroy: Becoming Human (also wanted to get that at some point) and Dreamfall

No, Heavy Rain, Detroit: Becoming Human and Dreamfall are more storybased games where you can alter the ending, so you can get many different ending with these games which is why I enjoy them so much! Most of the shooter games I have played are Call of Duty, Warframe on PC and pS4 and Resident Evil or Destiny like you mentioned before. Most of the games I play I find the names from Youtubers - ManlyBadassHero is good for that and other youtubers I don't really watch anymore :o

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 17 Nov 2020, 03:05

I'm not really informed about youtubers except Markiplier. That's one I've remembered ever since one of my friends mentioned him. Not sure if he's still doing it though. But I'm not really sure where to find youtubers. ^^; I'd like to see some videos though to see if I'd like some games that sound fun.

Detroit: Becoming Human looked really interesting. I'm insanely bad at shooting games though, which is one of the reasons I still haven't played FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus yet. >< But I really would like to get into the ones with a good story to them. I might need help in that department. XD

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 17 Nov 2020, 03:28

I liked playing Crash Bandicoot! Currently 126/228 gems on Crash Bandicoot 4.

PS2 was always my favorite console with the best Spiderman game being Spiderman 2 :)
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 17 Nov 2020, 03:35

LikkleMel wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 03:28
I liked playing Crash Bandicoot! Currently 126/228 gems on Crash Bandicoot 4.

PS2 was always my favorite console with the best Spiderman game being Spiderman 2 :)
Crash Bandicoot is the most awesome cock-eyed character I've ever seen and played as. lol Back when we just had the PS1 mom and I would play those games on it. I loved Crash Team Racing too, more than I thought I would. XD It did get frustrating after a while though. But I still loved it. lol I still need to buy that Crash Bandicoot trilogy too, which would be easier if there was still a Wishlist in the Playstation Store. ><

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 17 Nov 2020, 10:22

I believe there are some ps5 releases that are available to the ps4 if you are worried about that. Loved the last Spiderman that was for the PS4 and now Spiderman Miles Morales is released for PS4 and PS5. I don't see a lot of games for older consoles being sold these days which makes me sad, would give me a reason to dig out the ps2 and ps1 :( right nkw for me the only way i can play older games would be by PC.
If there was a game that I'd like to be remastered for PS4 would be the original Tomb Raider games :)

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

ChaoticKitty
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by ChaoticKitty » 17 Nov 2020, 16:16

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 10:22
I believe there are some ps5 releases that are available to the ps4 if you are worried about that. Loved the last Spiderman that was for the PS4 and now Spiderman Miles Morales is released for PS4 and PS5. I don't see a lot of games for older consoles being sold these days which makes me sad, would give me a reason to dig out the ps2 and ps1 :( right nkw for me the only way i can play older games would be by PC.
If there was a game that I'd like to be remastered for PS4 would be the original Tomb Raider games :)
Ahh I loved the original Tomb Raider on PS2, how you could just explore the house and find hidden artefacts and secrets hidden. That remastered on PS4 with better graphics would be Awesome!

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 18 Nov 2020, 02:27

I really sucked at that game. lol I liked it but I just wasn't any good at it. XD I loved watching mom play it though even if I did just watch her play. It was one of the few things that mom or dad also enjoyed playing on the PS1. Watching mom play was fun because somehow it made me feel like mom liked to do what I did which was play games. Which she did, she still loves those games. Doesn't play them though because my systems are downstairs. But it was a warm feeling to see mom playing Tomb Raider and we both had fun with the game with her playing it. Sort of vicariously thinking I was playing it with her I guess by watching it. It's always nice when a parent shares one of your interests, even better when both do. ^^

ChaoticKitty
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by ChaoticKitty » 30 Nov 2020, 23:02

I have recently got PS plus and want to set up a ps group for online, multiplayer games if anyone would be interested in joining? :kawaii:
My add is kittyinthemix, just drop me a message with who you are on here!

softnlil
Pink Member
Pink Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by softnlil » 01 Dec 2020, 14:52

I absolutely LOVE my ps4 and ps3 and it'll definitely be a few years before I even think of buying a ps5, especially with how little games are on there atm (plus game prices?! no thanks). I've been liking man of medan atm since i'm finally starting to play it properly! I can't wait to get little hope too! my fav franchise is still final fantasy and kingdom hearts on the ps4 but I'm in to every and all games, just minusing games like cod as i'm not very good at fps games xD
˱ 𓈒 𓈊 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈉 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈊 𓈒 ˲

⋆⋅ʚ 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘳 ɞ⋅⋆
𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 4 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘢 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬! 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘫𝘰𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘶𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘴
*•.¸♡ 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘭!!! ♡¸.•*
 ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘻𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘮𝘰𝘥 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘌𝘡 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘨𝘦! 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘴 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 <33
 ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
𝘮𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵