PlayStation 5

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

PlayStation 5

Post by Kai » 20 Nov 2020, 04:38

GraceMellody wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 01:17
LikkleMel wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 00:25
I wish they had custom themes but I'm guessing they'll add it in later...hopefully?
I still don't get why they wouldn't add them from the get go, it seems like such a simple feature?
TBH, they're quite a few highly requested features. I'm already missing dynamic themes, especially the ones that replaces the generic background sound
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

PlayStation 5

Post by Kai » 20 Nov 2020, 04:46

Adaptive triggers are pretty cool and Astro's Playroom is like a PlayStation History/DualSense tech demo in one.

Now Mark Cerny said that a lot of new PS5 features were heavily requested by a lot of developers so now let's see which two-faced companies won't end up using them :evil:
Image Image Image

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

PlayStation 5

Post by GraceMellody » 20 Nov 2020, 16:45

Kai wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 04:46
Adaptive triggers are pretty cool and Astro's Playroom is like a PlayStation History/DualSense tech demo in one.

Now Mark Cerny said that a lot of new PS5 features were heavily requested by a lot of developers so now let's see which two-faced companies won't end up using them :evil:
Oooh the drama! XD
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

PlayStation 5

Post by LilMissLarBear » 20 Nov 2020, 17:41

I dont really play console a lot compared to in that past so I dont see myself getting on in the near future. If i did want one I would probably wait a few months maybe even a whole year before I get one. Right now I hear that there aren't a lot of games right now for PS5 that showcase the next gen type gameplay so there isnt a lot to base the console performance on. I guess that can also be said for the Xbox.

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

PlayStation 5

Post by GraceMellody » 20 Nov 2020, 23:38

@MelodiqueArt

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

PlayStation 5

Post by LikkleMel » 20 Nov 2020, 23:50

GraceMellody wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 23:38
Now that's a yikes https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps5-r ... 0-6484508/

Quickly turns rest mode off
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

PlayStation 5

Post by Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds » 21 Nov 2020, 10:36

so they didnt fix the rest mode bug in the the firmware update?

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

PlayStation 5

Post by Kai » 21 Nov 2020, 17:37

nope. hopefully the next patch will fix issues
Image Image Image

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

PlayStation 5

Post by GraceMellody » 21 Nov 2020, 18:46

They obviously don't know how to fix it yet lol
Seems like yknow, kinda a big issue
@MelodiqueArt

Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

PlayStation 5

Post by Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds » 22 Nov 2020, 09:30

Yeah they will fix it, just dont use rest mode for the time being. The only other bug I'm aware of (based on youtube videos and articles) is to do with downloading multiple games. Not sure if that download bug was fixed in the patch?

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

PlayStation 5

Post by Kai » 22 Nov 2020, 18:39

Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 09:30
Yeah they will fix it, just dont use rest mode for the time being. The only other bug I'm aware of (based on youtube videos and articles) is to do with downloading multiple games. Not sure if that download bug was fixed in the patch?
Unless I'm just really lucky, I think the rest mode issue is related to games. I left mine on rest mode without suspending a game and have no issues. I've had some issues with game downloads to my external SSD but I haven't had anymore since I reseated my SSD in its caddy. the only other issue I've had was Astro's Playroom crashing once and rebooted my PC with a blackscreen. I just rebooted the console and was greeted with an error message before it rebuilt my database but nothing serious after that, though I was streaming a PS3 game via PS Now and the service crashed to home screen, but no issues since so far.
Image Image Image

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

PlayStation 5

Post by GraceMellody » 23 Nov 2020, 19:05

Kai wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 18:39
Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 09:30
Unless I'm just really lucky, I think the rest mode issue is related to games. I left mine on rest mode without suspending a game and have no issues. I've had some issues with game downloads to my external SSD but I haven't had anymore since I reseated my SSD in its caddy. the only other issue I've had was Astro's Playroom crashing once and rebooted my PC with a blackscreen. I just rebooted the console and was greeted with an error message before it rebuilt my database but nothing serious after that, though I was streaming a PS3 game via PS Now and the service crashed to home screen, but no issues since so far.
I tink it's a rarer issue from the looks of things
@MelodiqueArt

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

PlayStation 5

Post by Baul » 23 Nov 2020, 20:31

Launch consoles always have issues. They don't call it the "Early Adopter Tax" for nothing.

Best thing to do, really, is to wait for a few months for the issues to be found and remedied. Either through software updates or minor hardware revisions.
Mark my words
They will be gone
You'll see them playing games, my dear
They've moved along
Cause one day in the afterlife
We'll meet again
Prophecies - Blind Guardian

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

PlayStation 5

Post by LikkleMel » 23 Nov 2020, 22:18

Right, I don't know if this is just me or just the Spider Man game. I have had constant issues of the game freezing or glitching and then kicking me out. It is fine as it doesn't take me back from the progress I was, but I just want to know if anyone else had have similar problems on PS4 or just PS5?
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

PlayStation 5

Post by Kai » 26 Nov 2020, 07:48

LikkleMel wrote:
23 Nov 2020, 22:18
Right, I don't know if this is just me or just the Spider Man game. I have had constant issues of the game freezing or glitching and then kicking me out. It is fine as it doesn't take me back from the progress I was, but I just want to know if anyone else had have similar problems on PS4 or just PS5?
Funny-looking screens?
Image Image Image