Xbox Series X + S

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Xbox Series X + S

Post by GraceMellody » 12 Nov 2020, 17:41

A thread to talk all about the new xbox consoles! Have you got one? Do you want one?
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Citizen
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
United States of America

Xbox Series X + S

Post by Citizen » 13 Nov 2020, 03:30

GraceMellody wrote:
12 Nov 2020, 17:41
Do you want one?

No I have plenty of paperweights already.

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Xbox Series X + S

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 13 Nov 2020, 07:24

I will definitely be getting one. I'll eventually get both next gen console but the Xbox has the edge in terms of better hardware specs and I generally prefer the UI for Xbox over PlayStation. Plus the smart delivery service and Game Pass are great features that swing my vote towards Xbox Series X.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Xbox Series X + S

Post by GraceMellody » 13 Nov 2020, 09:25

Citizen wrote:
13 Nov 2020, 03:30
GraceMellody wrote:
12 Nov 2020, 17:41
Do you want one?

No I have plenty of paperweights already.
I was thinking I might get one as a display stand for the best console - the Nintendo GameCube.
Nishizono Shinji wrote:
13 Nov 2020, 07:24
I will definitely be getting one. I'll eventually get both next gen console but the Xbox has the edge in terms of better hardware specs and I generally prefer the UI for Xbox over PlayStation. Plus the smart delivery service and Game Pass are great features that swing my vote towards Xbox Series X.
I'll be honest, i've never ACTUALLY played on any Xbox
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Xbox Series X + S

Post by Biggkenny » 13 Nov 2020, 13:12

Nishizono Shinji wrote:

Only issue I see with the xbox is that microsoft have made it so you can play basically all of the games on PC now too (which is fantastic). I think I prefer the look of the xbox over the playstation by a lot. Here's hoping games now start to utilise modern hardware more so it benefits PC too :D

~Biggkenny~

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Xbox Series X + S

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 13 Nov 2020, 19:05

Biggkenny wrote:
13 Nov 2020, 13:12
Nishizono Shinji wrote:

Only issue I see with the xbox is that microsoft have made it so you can play basically all of the games on PC now too (which is fantastic). I think I prefer the look of the xbox over the playstation by a lot. Here's hoping games now start to utilise modern hardware more so it benefits PC too :D

I can't buy a PC with the same specs as an Xbox for the same price. PC is superior in every way but personally it would cost me upwards of £1000 to build one that does everything I want it to. So I just get a console and it plays all the games I want perfectly.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Xbox Series X + S

Post by Biggkenny » 14 Nov 2020, 10:24

Nishizono Shinji wrote:
13 Nov 2020, 19:05
Biggkenny wrote:
13 Nov 2020, 13:12
Nishizono Shinji wrote:

I can't buy a PC with the same specs as an Xbox for the same price. PC is superior in every way but personally it would cost me upwards of £1000 to build one that does everything I want it to. So I just get a console and it plays all the games I want perfectly.

I just mean that if you already own a decent gaming PC then you shouldn't buy an xbox, but that isnt the same for the PS5.
Also remember you can do PC things on PC :P

~Biggkenny~

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Xbox Series X + S

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 16 Nov 2020, 04:36

I could so buy myself one of these now but then nobody would get any Christmas presents 🤣

Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Xbox Series X + S

Post by Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds » 18 Nov 2020, 18:26

I have a high end PC and still went out and pre-ordered and got a Xbox Series S. For £250, the series S is really good value (provided you have a sub to game pass). It is not recommended tho if you want to play physical copies of games, plan to install alot of games, play multiple next gen games and care about having the best looking games (4K 60fps+)

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Xbox Series X + S

Post by Kai » 19 Nov 2020, 12:25

I may get one in the future but I just can't justify it. nothing I can't already get on the One X and I have Game Pass ultimate to keep me satisfied for now and so far, the performance modes on third party games, right now, are performing better on PS5.
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Xbox Series X + S

Post by Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds » 30 Nov 2020, 16:55

There has been a development going on recently that the Series S and X can emulate games very well (Wii, Gamecube, PS1, PS2, N64 etc)

Video covering it 

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Xbox Series X + S

Post by Kai » 02 Dec 2020, 02:49

Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds wrote:
30 Nov 2020, 16:55
There has been a development going on recently that the Series S and X can emulate games very well (Wii, Gamecube, PS1, PS2, N64 etc)

Video covering it

Yeah, sounds great, though I honestly think that's the only thing the Series S will really shine at in the long run IMO
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang