The last character that talked in your most recent game...

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 01 Nov 2020, 00:35

Not sure if I can make one like this here but I don't see why I wouldn't be able to. Ready? 

The last character that talked in a voice over or text dialog is who you're going to be stuck with for a journey to save the world from monsters of all kinds. Who are you saving the world with?

Leo Asahina from Mind Zero is who I'm partnered up with. Should be interesting. There'd be plenty of jokes anyway. lol I love comic relief characters.

How about you all?

EDIT: This isn't a one-time answer thing, you can keep saying what character that last talked is your heroic partner to save the world. Let's not spam a whole roster of the game's characters though but y'know what I mean. lol Just some fun I thought we could do. :D
Last edited by Emotive on 02 Nov 2020, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 02 Nov 2020, 13:06

For me its Daniel from Amnesia Dark Descent as im going to start playing through the amnesia games XD

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 02 Nov 2020, 19:43

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 13:06
For me its Daniel from Amnesia Dark Descent as im going to start playing through the amnesia games XD
I haven't played those games yet but they sound like horror. Muuuuuch better equipped probably than mine. lol

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 02 Nov 2020, 22:13

Emotive wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 19:43
Heyitslaurenk wrote:
I haven't played those games yet but they sound like horror. Muuuuuch better equipped probably than mine. lol

oh for christ sake I skipped the second part lol XD didn't notice the monster bit. No, Daniel will be flipping useless as he doesn't fight and will be more concerned about remembering everything XD

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 02 Nov 2020, 22:17

can i change? since then I was playing FFX which then makes Tidus the last person the talk in that game. Thats a little better at least hahaha

Lauren
VG mod

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 02 Nov 2020, 22:30

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 22:13
Emotive wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 19:43
Heyitslaurenk wrote:

oh for christ sake I skipped the second part lol XD didn't notice the monster bit. No, Daniel will be flipping useless as he doesn't fight and will be more concerned about remembering everything XD
lol Gotta learn from history though so that could've still worked. :P
Heyitslaurenk wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 22:17
can i change? since then I was playing FFX which then makes Tidus the last person the talk in that game. Thats a little better at least hahaha
Probably gonna be better for the fight but Daniel's memory of it would've still been useful. Who doesn't love a good story from memory anyway? ^^ But yeah there's not really any rule with this or anything. Just get stuck with the last character to talk in a text dialog or voice as your heroic partner, whoever that may be. XD

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 04 Nov 2020, 08:18

Stronghold Crusader, the narrator... Well that isn't helpful at all... He'll just backseat game and heckle me while I'm being eaten by the monsters...

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 04 Nov 2020, 11:30

Speaking of narrators, imagine getting the narrator from The Stanley Parable XD that will get the biggest oof going imo. Will be no help at all but just says out loud what you are doing, occasionally patronising you

Lauren
VG mod

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 05 Nov 2020, 03:56

If you hadn't have required the need for dialogue. I'd be set having V1 from ULTRAKILL as my companion. I'd be nearly invincible with this homicidal bloodfueled gunslinging robot on my side.

But nah, I'm stuck with a H3VR sosig. A considerable downgrade. At least they have some funny dialogue.

Context: Sosigs testing. 6:35
Mark my words
They will be gone
You'll see them playing games, my dear
They've moved along
Cause one day in the afterlife
We'll meet again
Prophecies - Blind Guardian

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 07 Nov 2020, 05:52

Beerkeg wrote:
04 Nov 2020, 08:18
Stronghold Crusader, the narrator... Well that isn't helpful at all... He'll just backseat game and heckle me while I'm being eaten by the monsters...
lol Does he really heckle the player?
Heyitslaurenk wrote:
04 Nov 2020, 11:30
Speaking of narrators, imagine getting the narrator from The Stanley Parable XD that will get the biggest oof going imo. Will be no help at all but just says out loud what you are doing, occasionally patronising you
rofl That would be salty lemonade on the wound. Ouch XD
Baul wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 03:56
If you hadn't have required the need for dialogue. I'd be set having V1 from ULTRAKILL as my companion. I'd be nearly invincible with this homicidal bloodfueled gunslinging robot on my side.

But nah, I'm stuck with a H3VR sosig. A considerable downgrade. At least they have some funny dialogue.

That looks so real!!! I mean, minus the gun moving around by itself (or that's what it looks like anyway XD ). Funny dialog is a MUST!!! As long as you don't get too distracted and it doesn't crack you up so much that you can't stop laughing too hard. lol That might be counter-productive. XD

Nuggies
Black Member
Black Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nuggies » 07 Nov 2020, 12:23

Paimon from Genshin Impact

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 07 Nov 2020, 19:13

miserableatbest wrote:
07 Nov 2020, 12:23
Paimon from Genshin Impact
She looks so cuuuute!!! X3

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 08 Nov 2020, 00:40

Emotive wrote:
07 Nov 2020, 05:52
Baul wrote:

That looks so real!!! I mean, minus the gun moving around by itself (or that's what it looks like anyway XD ). Funny dialog is a MUST!!! As long as you don't get too distracted and it doesn't crack you up so much that you can't stop laughing too hard. lol That might be counter-productive. XD

Yeah, the game's intended to be as realistic as you can realistically get with firearm handling in VR. There's quite a lot going on under the hood.

Nah, the guns not moving on it's own. It's just VR controls and the fact that there's just no hands or arms because given the amount of guns (250+) and the amount of ways you can interact with them. It would mean waaay too much work modelling hands to fit every situation and edge case.

But yeah. The Sosigs are great. A lone one isn't much of a threat. But many are scary.
Mark my words
They will be gone
They've moved along
We'll meet again

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 08 Nov 2020, 00:50

Baul wrote:
08 Nov 2020, 00:40
Emotive wrote:
Baul wrote:

Yeah, the game's intended to be as realistic as you can realistically get with firearm handling in VR. There's quite a lot going on under the hood.

Nah, the guns not moving on it's own. It's just VR controls and the fact that there's just no hands or arms because given the amount of guns (250+) and the amount of ways you can interact with them. It would mean waaay too much work modelling hands to fit every situation and edge case.

But yeah. The Sosigs are great. A lone one isn't much of a threat. But many are scary.
From the looks of it VR is a lot more engaging than I thought. Man, I'm wishing I was able to do VR so bad now. >< Even more than when I found out about that Iron Man VR game! lol I WANT VR!!!!

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 08 Nov 2020, 01:42

Emotive wrote:
08 Nov 2020, 00:50
Baul wrote:
08 Nov 2020, 00:40
Emotive wrote:

From the looks of it VR is a lot more engaging than I thought. Man, I'm wishing I was able to do VR so bad now. >< Even more than when I found out about that Iron Man VR game! lol I WANT VR!!!!
VR is truly amazing. It's alot more than people usually think it is.
Mark my words
They will be gone
They've moved along
We'll meet again