The spookiest game thread!

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 03 Oct 2020, 19:29

Going to throw one in just in case anyone is interested as this hasnt been mentioned yet but Phasmophobia looks really scary. Im probably going to get it because ny dad wants me to play it with him XD but its basically a ghost hunting gane and it looks quite cool

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 11 Oct 2020, 21:01

Boo!ItsLaurenK wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 19:29
Going to throw one in just in case anyone is interested as this hasnt been mentioned yet but Phasmophobia looks really scary. Im probably going to get it because ny dad wants me to play it with him XD but its basically a ghost hunting gane and it looks quite cool

was watching someone play Phasmophobia on Twitch it does look interesting.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 12 Oct 2020, 16:32

Boo!ItsLaurenK wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 08:19
Gave Mad Father a go a few days ago, great call @GraceMellody! I mean... I'm only an hour in but I am loving the story! Very spooky indeed and I wasn't expecting it to be one giant puzzle either!
glad you like it!!
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 13 Oct 2020, 02:51

Condemned: Criminal Origins is up there for my favourite horror games. It's a very twisted game centered around chasing down a Serial Killer (Who kills other serial killers, ironically enough.) who frames you for the murder of two police officers so you can clear your name. It's got a nice mix of clunky (In a good way, adds to the horror) combat and crime scene investigation puzzles.

There's nothing quite like being ambushed by some junkies and having to fight them off with only a lead pipe while being in probably some of the worst areas of society.

I will throw in a warning that the game does have a fair amount of disturbing imagery. So it's not for everyone. But it's a brilliant, underrated horror experience.
Mark my words
They will be gone
You'll see them playing games, my dear
They've moved along
Cause one day in the afterlife
We'll meet again
Prophecies - Blind Guardian

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 14 Oct 2020, 08:14

Alan Wake is creepy in parts and just an all round good game.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 21 Oct 2020, 22:56

Baul wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 02:51
Condemned: Criminal Origins is up there for my favourite horror games. It's a very twisted game centered around chasing down a Serial Killer (Who kills other serial killers, ironically enough.) who frames you for the murder of two police officers so you can clear your name. It's got a nice mix of clunky (In a good way, adds to the horror) combat and crime scene investigation puzzles.

There's nothing quite like being ambushed by some junkies and having to fight them off with only a lead pipe while being in probably some of the worst areas of society.

I will throw in a warning that the game does have a fair amount of disturbing imagery. So it's not for everyone. But it's a brilliant, underrated horror experience.

ooooo I think I have that game already! Its one of those games that I got ages ago and barely touched :=/:

Lauren
VG mod

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 22 Oct 2020, 06:22

Baul wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 02:51

it's certainly my favorite horror game, and one of my top FPS games as well

just the raw hostility to everything in the world, the sense that your character is starting to lose it, the idea that staring long at the abyss will cause the abyss to stare back

it's an amazing game

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 22 Oct 2020, 08:41

Lolin wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 06:22

it's certainly my favorite horror game, and one of my top FPS games as well

just the raw hostility to everything in the world, the sense that your character is starting to lose it, the idea that staring long at the abyss will cause the abyss to stare back

it's an amazing game

The absolute highlight for the horror is the school. That's when shit REALLY hits the fan and things hit maximum demented. Everything is just twisted to the max.
Mark my words
They will be gone
They've moved along
We'll meet again

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 24 Oct 2020, 17:21

Still havent doubled checked if I have that... If it is that might be a game added to my Halloween list. If not... Im sure theres a halloween sale on steam soon anyway XD

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 24 Oct 2020, 19:16

Update: I do, indeed have Condemned, its downloaded and ready for me to try! Will see how this goes I guess

Lauren
VG mod

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 25 Oct 2020, 01:55

Boo!ItsLaurenK wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 19:16
Update: I do, indeed have Condemned, its downloaded and ready for me to try! Will see how this goes I guess

Spooked yet?
Mark my words
They will be gone
They've moved along
We'll meet again

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 25 Oct 2020, 09:09

Only played through the first chapter and a bit of the second and I would say it is fairly spooks. Not in like... A jump scary kind of way but I guess with the whole atmosphere. Its bringing in an aspect of survival to it considering you literally have nutcases running around trying to kill you and you have limited ammo/have to use whatever you could find. I would imagine there is a lot more spooks to come.

Probably play more tonight!

Lauren
VG mod

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 25 Oct 2020, 19:30

I played the first two condemned games on GameCube and Xbox 360 they were really fun.