World of Warcraft

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Biggkenny » 17 Oct 2020, 12:49

Nishizono Shinji wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 18:27
Biggkenny wrote:
07 Oct 2020, 07:18
-edit-

So I actually just refunded my shadowlands pre-order. I don't think I'm going to play at all, infact I'm quite likely going to quit the game for good this time (havent had a sub for a while anyway). They keep making the game worse. Disabling old set bonuses, limiting abilities to shadowlands zones, removing trinket choice, class imbalance, locking you in to a covenant (which will screw you over if you play multiple specs on 1 class), conduit lockins not being spec specific, prioritising "RP" over "MMO" at the expense of fun. So many other issues so I think I'm just done. I need to re-evaluate my plans now :D

Half of these proposed changes have been reverted on Beta, I watched a video by Bellular Gaming which highlights some of the positive changes that's been added to the game. It's actually looking quite decent, they obviously stalled the launch so they could change some of the things that got serious community backlash during beta testing (also apparently there were some things that were just not finished).

Haven't they only reverted 1 or 2 of those changes? A lot of the covenant stuff looks like its going to be more of an obstacle than anything. I watch Bellular's vids too. Preach is also a good channel to watch. Imbalance is completely off right now. There's not enough time for them to change all that need changing. I want them to make it good so I can join back in part way through the expansion.
The only proper and major wins they've done so far are the levelling routes and level squish. Both definitely incredibly good for the game. I just wish they hired a few students or something to upgrade some of the older zone textures.

~Biggkenny~

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

World of Warcraft

Post by LilMissLarBear » 21 Oct 2020, 22:49

To be fair the class imbalance has been and probably always be a thing. But there was a post I saw on twitter that basically illustrated that imbalance (so it gave an idea on which of the classes and specs to go for)and its getting ridiculous now. Top of the list, shadow priest and bottom of the list was feral druid and the gap between the two looked a joke...

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

World of Warcraft

Post by LilMissLarBear » 22 Dec 2022, 18:22

Anyone playing Wrath of the Lich King Classic? Is it me or has the dungeon finder changed? When I used it for the first time we never got teleported to the dungeons and I thought it did back in the day?? I am not too sure though because I did most of the dungeons and raids with the guild then

Lauren
VG mod

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Beerkeg » 02 Jan 2023, 13:18

Yeah I've been playing the classic versions. The dungeon finder you're thinking of came late in the expansion like after ICC released since Wrath dragged on for so long without any new content. Pretty sure they just threw it in early, hoping slow down the sub drops.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

World of Warcraft

Post by LilMissLarBear » 04 Jan 2023, 17:18

ohhhhh, and I believe ICC is coming to Classic real soon, if not it might have already arrived to Classic but im not sure :confuse: I need to get levelling with my character its only lvl 28 XD

I will say tho, I cant wait to get to higher levels, I used to raid quite a bit with my guild (made up of myself, my dad and his friend and all our alts) and we used to do lower level raids and stuff. i used to solo wrath raids for achievements too obvs during later expansions. Was fun times. Cant wait to do Naxx I found that fun to do with the different areas

Lauren
VG mod

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Beerkeg » 05 Jan 2023, 09:38

ICC is still quite a ways away. We're just getting to phase 2 with Ulduar. I don't think theres a date for it yet, but people expect it some time in january. So just Naxx, EoE and OS for now. Still got Trial of the Crusader phase before ICC as well so ICC might not be until like end of summer.
Blizzard did say they're planning to do a Raids+ thingy so a harder version of the raids. Maybe Naxx won't be such a snooze fest then :P
I used to like Naxx, but clearing it every week since week 1, it gets a bit boring. I've been pushing our guild to bring fewer healers just to make it more interesting.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

World of Warcraft

Post by LilMissLarBear » 14 Jan 2023, 23:41

Someone from my guild the other day said we get ulduar on the january 19th :)

Lauren
VG mod

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Beerkeg » 15 Jan 2023, 09:00

Yup, no more farming Naxx and pretending not to sleep through the whole thing.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

World of Warcraft

Post by LilMissLarBear » 18 Jan 2023, 12:37

I swear I dont know if its just me but dungeon queue is dead and has been since i hit lvl 25. I need new gear!! :rage:

Edit: I am lvl 29 now

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

World of Warcraft

Post by LilMissLarBear » 21 Jan 2023, 10:02

Dinged lvl 30 last night and nearly lvl 31 thanks to finally getting a Razorfen Kraul run in last night :dance:

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

World of Warcraft

Post by LilMissLarBear » 26 Apr 2023, 12:28

Got my warlock to level 60 on retail. Since I don't have Dragonflight that's about it for levelling. Think for now I'm just going to do some achievement hunting also some mount hunting, rep grinding all that stuff

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

World of Warcraft

Post by LilMissLarBear » 03 May 2023, 08:27

World of Warcraft full version lets gooooo got my dragon mount too

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

World of Warcraft

Post by LilMissLarBear » 04 Jul 2023, 18:44

Very important question... when it says a world event "ends" does all the event/holiday stuff disappear on that day or is it just the last day of the event *then* it ends the next day? You would think I know this already but Ive always joined in the middle of an event and never through to the end so I get confused :confuse:

Lauren
VG mod

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

World of Warcraft

Post by lolin » 04 Jul 2023, 21:15

LilMissLarBear wrote:
04 Jul 2023, 18:44
Very important question... when it says a world event "ends" does all the event/holiday stuff disappear on that day or is it just the last day of the event *then* it ends the next day? You would think I know this already but Ive always joined in the middle of an event and never through to the end so I get confused :confuse:

it ends at reset time for that day

not sure when reset is in the EU but for example, over here, "daily reset" is at 8 AM pacific time, which is when things like daily quests and embassy quests reset

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

World of Warcraft

Post by LilMissLarBear » 04 Jul 2023, 21:26

Ahhhh that's cool, my aim to get as many of the midsummer achievements has gone out the window lol I dont usually bother because I leave it until my character is max level so I can get everything. Left it all too last min :/ managed 2 achievements (nearly 3 but cba for the third one rn) oh well, always next year

Lauren
VG mod