World of Warcraft

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Biggkenny » 28 Sep 2020, 18:02

Doesn't look like the prepatch will be coming out tomorrow as expected due to radio silence. I'm worried it'll get pushed all the way back to the 13th which won't really give me very long to level my new characters I plan to create. I really want to get stuck into the new levelling.

~Biggkenny~

Krisskie
Great Britain

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Krisskie » 29 Sep 2020, 08:36

I'm looking forward to trying out the new leveling system. Do you know if they are changing the exp boost that they've recently had on?

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

World of Warcraft

Post by LilMissLarBear » 03 Oct 2020, 16:30

Pirate Bob wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 08:36
I'm looking forward to trying out the new leveling system. Do you know if they are changing the exp boost that they've recently had on?

Pretty sure the exp boost was a limited time thing a few months ago so I doubt it will be there anymore now.

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Biggkenny » 05 Oct 2020, 15:49

I dont think there is an XP boost since a while but I might be mistaken.
The new levelling experience drastically shortens levelling time anyway. That will be great but also the fact we can choose an expansion and actually get the story (although sadly blizzard keep ret-conning plot points...)

I assume people know but prepatch and release are delayed, prepatch is 13th Oct and release is TBD but probably some time in Dec. Game is nowhere near finished, they're still changing covenant abilities at this late state, and some classes were literally doing DOUBLE the damage of other classes

~Biggkenny~

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 06 Oct 2020, 11:04

There is still an xp booster on I'm leveling 2 characters atm one is at 40 the other at 20 all done within the last two weeks playing casually.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Moulders
Veteran Member
Great Britain

World of Warcraft

Post by Moulders » 06 Oct 2020, 13:37

Yes currently there is an XP boost for characters under 120.

At 120 since you cannot lvl anymore there is a 100% increase to rep gains for BfA and Legion factions.
"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause, each one of us must fight on to the end."

Earl Douglas Haig, Order to the British Army, 12 April 1918

So death, the most terrifying of ills, is nothing to us, since so long as we exist, death is not with us; but when death comes, then we do not exist. It does not then concern either the living or the dead, since the former it is not, and the latter are no more.

Epicurus Letter to Menoeceus

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Biggkenny » 06 Oct 2020, 16:45

Well that would be a reason to play now I guess. I hear that the prepatch levelling speed will be faster than the current levelling boost (and a better experience). Tempting though

~Biggkenny~

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

World of Warcraft

Post by LilMissLarBear » 06 Oct 2020, 18:57

Moulders wrote:
06 Oct 2020, 13:37
Yes currently there is an XP boost for characters under 120.

At 120 since you cannot lvl anymore there is a 100% increase to rep gains for BfA and Legion factions.

yeah, I was aware of the rep boost and to be fair I thought that was a limited time event too. Didn't realise the xp boost was still a thing. Well, the more you know I guess. Time to boot up my mage some time I think!

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Krisskie
Great Britain

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Krisskie » 06 Oct 2020, 22:18

Never realised how much of an alt'aholic I was. I seem to have characters over 4 servers. Draenor for horde, Agent Dawn for alliance and the quel'thalas/azjol nerub (or however it's spelt) as a mix.
Pretty sure I just need to choose one.

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Biggkenny » 07 Oct 2020, 07:18

Mazrigos was my first server as alliance, then I moved to Anachronos as horde (chars transferred/deleted now). Then I went to Magtheridon on alliance again, Kazzak for Horde for BFA. I planned to swap server so I started on Arathor but realised it was a bit dead and also not good for alliance so I went to Argent Dawn alliance. Moonglade was to have a char on a friends server as he paid for a lot of my heirlooms. This expansion I'm planning Silvermoon alliance as I figured it's probably easier to find some chill guilds that might try raiding on a high pop server if I feel like I want to do that.

-edit-

So I actually just refunded my shadowlands pre-order. I don't think I'm going to play at all, infact I'm quite likely going to quit the game for good this time (havent had a sub for a while anyway). They keep making the game worse. Disabling old set bonuses, limiting abilities to shadowlands zones, removing trinket choice, class imbalance, locking you in to a covenant (which will screw you over if you play multiple specs on 1 class), conduit lockins not being spec specific, prioritising "RP" over "MMO" at the expense of fun. So many other issues so I think I'm just done. I need to re-evaluate my plans now :D

~Biggkenny~

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 11 Oct 2020, 20:52

I'm playing super casual still but I'm really enjoying playing again, did my first dungeons in forever yesterday and found out I really suck at being a healer as I'm not used to it anymore.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Moulders
Veteran Member
Great Britain

World of Warcraft

Post by Moulders » 14 Oct 2020, 08:29

Biggkenny wrote:
07 Oct 2020, 07:18
prioritising "RP" over "MMO" at the expense of fun.

I dunno. I've never liked their philosophy of prioritising the MMO over the RP side that they had been doing for many expansions.
"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause, each one of us must fight on to the end."

So death, the most terrifying of ills, is nothing to us, since so long as we exist, death is not with us; but when death comes, then we do not exist. It does not then concern either the living or the dead, since the former it is not, and the latter are no more.

Krisskie
Great Britain

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Krisskie » 14 Oct 2020, 10:34

I wonder if that's because they have done a bad job of it though. If you look at games like FFXIV and especially the Shadowbringers expansion, they have got the RP and MMO part perfectly done. The story in ShB (to me) felt like one of the best games - let alone an expansion - I have ever played, but that's down purely to the storytelling.

I needed a week off after completing the MSQ.

Moulders
Veteran Member
Great Britain

World of Warcraft

Post by Moulders » 14 Oct 2020, 11:26

Sure it could very well be just general incompetence.

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 15 Oct 2020, 18:27

Biggkenny wrote:
07 Oct 2020, 07:18
-edit-

So I actually just refunded my shadowlands pre-order. I don't think I'm going to play at all, infact I'm quite likely going to quit the game for good this time (havent had a sub for a while anyway). They keep making the game worse. Disabling old set bonuses, limiting abilities to shadowlands zones, removing trinket choice, class imbalance, locking you in to a covenant (which will screw you over if you play multiple specs on 1 class), conduit lockins not being spec specific, prioritising "RP" over "MMO" at the expense of fun. So many other issues so I think I'm just done. I need to re-evaluate my plans now :D

Half of these proposed changes have been reverted on Beta, I watched a video by Bellular Gaming which highlights some of the positive changes that's been added to the game. It's actually looking quite decent, they obviously stalled the launch so they could change some of the things that got serious community backlash during beta testing (also apparently there were some things that were just not finished).