World of Warcraft

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

World of Warcraft

Post by LilMissLarBear » 12 Sep 2020, 11:01

Biggkenny wrote:
12 Sep 2020, 08:28
Anyone planning to play some ShadowLands when it comes out? If so what realm / race / class are you thinking?

Yeah i have the game preordered. Currently on the Ghostlands realm. I have my lock main which I think will just carry through so I can play the Shadowlands stuff straight away :) Can't remember if we are getting a new class for the expansion (either that or I might be confused with there being a new death knight starting area I think) but if there is one I would like to try that. I usually play horde too any any horde race will do me :)

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 12 Sep 2020, 12:02

Biggkenny wrote:
12 Sep 2020, 08:28
Anyone planning to play some ShadowLands when it comes out? If so what realm / race / class are you thinking?
I'll certainly be playing it but i haven't decided on race etc. I'm more than happy to join people from AL on any server, it'd be nice to get a few of us together.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Krisskie
Great Britain

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Krisskie » 20 Sep 2020, 15:03

I used to play WoW and really liked the social/guild fun, but after seeing 2 of my former guidls go through drama that was pretty nasty, I decided to go solo player and not really enjoyed the game as much. Currently I'm on FFXIV and really enjoying the game, but missing the social side of things that I had in WoW.

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Biggkenny » 20 Sep 2020, 17:05

Pirate Bob wrote:
20 Sep 2020, 15:03
but after seeing 2 of my former guidls go through drama that was pretty nasty, I decided to go solo player and not really enjoyed the game as much.
I think everyone has been through some kind of guild drama before in WoW, probably because we weren't able to see the obvious red flags at the time due to lack of experience. This guy (preach) does a "Drama Time" show that I think is really entertaining. You might find it interesting to have a listen. Start somewhere around season 3 as it teeters off in season 5. https://www.youtube.com/c/Preachgaming/playlists.

Yeah I tried FFXIV for a bit too but couldn't really find any experience as socially similar to some of my old wow guilds.

I'm probably just going to roll an alliance character on a highly populated server like silvermoon and give shadowlands a try for a month or so. I'm thinking of trying out a rogue so I can do some arena as ret paladin looks to have its mobility gutted
Last edited by Biggkenny on 25 Sep 2020, 11:55, edited 1 time in total.

~Biggkenny~

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 21 Sep 2020, 18:43

Biggkenny wrote:
20 Sep 2020, 17:05
Pirate Bob wrote:
20 Sep 2020, 15:03
but after seeing 2 of my former guidls go through drama that was pretty nasty, I decided to go solo player and not really enjoyed the game as much.
I think everyone has been through some kind of guild drama before in WoW, probably because we weren't able to see the obvious red flags at the time due to lack of experience. This guy (preach) does a "Drama Time" show that I think is really entertaining. You might find it interesting to have a listen. Start somewhere around season 3 as it teeters off in season 5. https://www.youtube.com/c/Preachgaming/playlists.

Yeah I tried FFXIV for a bit too but couldn't really find any experience as socially similar to some of my old wow guilds.

I'm probably just going to roll an alliance character on a highly populated server like silvermoon and give shadowlands a try for a month or so. I'm thinking of trying out a rogue so I can do some arena as ret paladin looks to have its mobility gutted

I think one of the reasons WoW is still so popular is due to the guild experience, when it is good its something that very few games are able to successfully replicate. I couldn't tell you why that is but there's something about o WoW guild that other gaming guilds don't have.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

World of Warcraft

Post by LilMissLarBear » 24 Sep 2020, 16:25

Not sure if this is just the realm I'm on, but I've been in some pretty dead guilds to be honest, in retail anyway. Guilds in classic are a different story imo, very sociable indeed.

Lauren
VG mod

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 25 Sep 2020, 07:21

Anyone interested in starting a guild? If not is anyone in a good sociable one I can join?

Krisskie
Great Britain

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Krisskie » 25 Sep 2020, 11:24

I'm toying with a return to WoW myself. Not in any guild at the moment, but if I find one then I will let you know. What server / side are you on Nishizono?

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

World of Warcraft

Post by LilMissLarBear » 25 Sep 2020, 16:59

I am open to making a new character anywhere if needs be. But it would be nice to get a guild together, totally!

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

World of Warcraft

Post by LilMissLarBear » 25 Sep 2020, 17:00

Nishizono Shinji wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 07:21
Anyone interested in starting a guild? If not is anyone in a good sociable one I can join?

Also just to be clear you are referring to retail, right?

Lauren
VG mod

Krisskie
Great Britain

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Krisskie » 25 Sep 2020, 20:27

I recently returned to WoW, and just realised how much catching up I have to do. Doesn't help that I am now going horde on a new server. Will see about Shadowlands, but will most likely give it a try.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

World of Warcraft

Post by LilMissLarBear » 27 Sep 2020, 08:15

Pirate Bob wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 20:27
I recently returned to WoW, and just realised how much catching up I have to do. Doesn't help that I am now going horde on a new server. Will see about Shadowlands, but will most likely give it a try.

It will probably be the case that you will build yourself up quicker than you think. Levelling in general is quicker to get through imo and its easier than ever to rack up gold :) its maybe worth looking up the classic dungeons now if you plan on doing randoms because some probably would have changed since you left

Lauren
VG mod

Krisskie
Great Britain

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Krisskie » 27 Sep 2020, 13:14

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 08:15
Pirate Bob wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 20:27

It will probably be the case that you will build yourself up quicker than you think. Levelling in general is quicker to get through imo and its easier than ever to rack up gold :) its maybe worth looking up the classic dungeons now if you plan on doing randoms because some probably would have changed since you left

Yeah it does feel a little strange, but defo stranger playing solo. Trade chat as always is spammed with groups selling runs, so gonna have to find a way to find a good guild.
Still not 100% sure on side or realm yet, my alliance characters are on a pretty dead server, so looking at horde at the mo.

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

World of Warcraft

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 27 Sep 2020, 17:49

I'm willing to start a new character on any server and I don't really care which side I play. I've only been playing a starter account to level 20 atm on Wednesday I'll buy BFA

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

World of Warcraft

Post by LilMissLarBear » 27 Sep 2020, 19:40

Speaking of which, i need to start playing again. Havent played in weeks! Need to get ready for Shadowlands

Lauren
VG mod