>OBSERVER_

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

>OBSERVER_

Post by Baul » 17 Aug 2020, 18:56

"The year is 2084. You are Daniel Lazarski, an elite neural detective known as an Observer, and part of a corporate-funded police unit whose purpose is to hack and invade suspects’ minds. When you receive a mysterious message from your estranged son, a high-level engineer for the almighty Chiron Corporation, you journey to the seedy Class C slums of Krakow to investigate. As you hack into the minds of criminals and their victims to find clues, you are forced to relive their darkest fears. How far will you go to discover the truth?"

I can honestly say that this game is one of the top horror games out there. It's one of the few that doesn't rely on jumpscares to scare the player. The real horor lies within the game's atmosphere especially the sequences where you utilise Dan's Dream Eater, the augment that allows him to invade peoples minds and memories. These dream sequences are incredibly demented and really mess with your head and instill a sense of unease.

The game's opening monologue really sets the tone for the game.

Note: There's an updated re-release coming out in December. I'd probably wait for that since its supposedly adding story content.
Mark my words
They will be gone
You'll see them playing games, my dear
They've moved along
Cause one day in the afterlife
We'll meet again
Prophecies - Blind Guardian

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

>OBSERVER_

Post by GraceMellody » 17 Aug 2020, 19:26

Oooh, adding this to my wishlist!!
I love horror games, even though I do get spooked easily..
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

>OBSERVER_

Post by LilMissLarBear » 17 Aug 2020, 19:38

I have this game! I haven't got round to playing it properly yet, I think I only tried it out a bit but the concept of it seems very interesting! Playing something else at the moment but I would love to go back to it sometime.

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!