Fall Guys

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Fall Guys

Post by LilMissLarBear » 30 Aug 2020, 19:34

Teeny wrote:
30 Aug 2020, 19:04
Finally won one!
Successfully grabbed the crown on the mountain.

Congrats!!!! :D

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Fall Guys

Post by Biggkenny » 01 Sep 2020, 07:16

After 15 hours of playtime I've only got 6 or 7 wins. My non-gamer fiancee is actually really into the game so she's insisting that her and me definitely need to hit level 40 before the season ends. I think we're level 23 or something now.
The next patch looks good, hopefully they add a lot of extra content in. Looking at those dragon outfits :D

~Biggkenny~

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Fall Guys

Post by LilMissLarBear » 02 Sep 2020, 17:11

Not sure if any of you guys follow the Fall Guys account on Twitter or anything but they have leaked new content that they have called the Big Yeetus. Honest to god you could not make this up XD

Lauren
VG mod

sam_sam
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Fall Guys

Post by sam_sam » 04 Sep 2020, 10:03

fall guys look cool I hope it comes out for the switch
ribbit
ImageImage

Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Fall Guys

Post by Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds » 06 Sep 2020, 10:13

Keep hearing alot of things about this game. I recently watched Jacksepticeye stream it and it looks like alot of fun!

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Fall Guys

Post by LilMissLarBear » 06 Sep 2020, 10:39

Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 10:13
Keep hearing alot of things about this game. I recently watched Jacksepticeye stream it and it looks like alot of fun!

Thats because it is! All the fun! :D until you get grabbed by another player and thrown off the edge (not fun)

Lauren
VG mod

softnlil
Pink Member
Pink Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Fall Guys

Post by softnlil » 10 Sep 2020, 14:12

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
02 Sep 2020, 17:11
Not sure if any of you guys follow the Fall Guys account on Twitter or anything but they have leaked new content that they have called the Big Yeetus. Honest to god you could not make this up XD

the big yeetus looks fucking incredible xD can't wait to be bashed halfway across the map by him
˱ 𓈒 𓈊 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈉 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈊 𓈒 ˲

⋆⋅ʚ 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘳 ɞ⋅⋆
𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 4 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘢 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬! 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘫𝘰𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘶𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘴
*•.¸♡ 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘭!!! ♡¸.•*
 ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘻𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘮𝘰𝘥 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘌𝘡 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘨𝘦! 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘴 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 <33
 ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
𝘮𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Fall Guys

Post by LilMissLarBear » 10 Sep 2020, 15:08

graciettie wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 14:12
Heyitslaurenk wrote:
02 Sep 2020, 17:11

the big yeetus looks fucking incredible xD can't wait to be bashed halfway across the map by him

Little known fact, I have not played Fall guys since they released big yeetus... Im scared lol im already shit at the game, i dont need a giant hammer to yeet me off the map not today XD

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Fall Guys

Post by LilMissLarBear » 13 Sep 2020, 09:49

Hey my dudes, want to make you aware that I am hoping to put on a Fall Guys event at some point, hopefully next week if I can get people on board. It aims to be quite chill, just a nice get together on discord.

I am afraid it will be for PC users only for two reasons 1) im not sure if cross platform has been implemented yet 2) if it has I still need to work out how to add people from playstation and other consoles so I can invite people :)

At the moment, if anyone is interested just say so and if we get a group together I can PM details for the discord server and everything :)

Lauren
VG mod

Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Fall Guys

Post by Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds » 13 Sep 2020, 10:45

Yeah could do that. I will need to buy it of course

softnlil
Pink Member
Pink Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Fall Guys

Post by softnlil » 13 Sep 2020, 11:47

I'm 99% sure Fall Guys isn't cross-plat i'm afraid :/ especially with the name situation for steam xD
˱ 𓈒 𓈊 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈉 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈊 𓈒 ˲

⋆⋅ʚ 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘳 ɞ⋅⋆
𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 4 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘢 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬! 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘫𝘰𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘶𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘴
*•.¸♡ 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘭!!! ♡¸.•*
 ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘻𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘮𝘰𝘥 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘌𝘡 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘨𝘦! 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘴 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 <33
 ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
𝘮𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Fall Guys

Post by Kai » 15 Sep 2020, 21:05

There's been an update today. The Steam version now has Easy Anti-Cheat
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Fall Guys

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 16 Sep 2020, 18:57

A few of the Twitch streams I watch play this, it look rather fun tbh.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Fall Guys

Post by Biggkenny » 29 Sep 2020, 07:41

I feel like this game could have been the next almost-fortnite. Somehow the developers are SO incompetent though that they've squandered any chance of that now. I'm not sure how they've made so few changes or improvements after getting such a huge amount of money. They could have hired people who know how unity works and made significant changes with at least a few new maps.
There are so many things I think they need to address like:
  • The network issues like where on one persons screen they are ahead but on your screen you are, and how you randomly fall over because the server thinks a player is there (they are on their screen) but they arent there for you. The network issue leads to those times where you'll get your tail stolen from a mile away, but have to step on the other player to get theirs. Also disconnects.
  • Grabbing doesn't really have any consequence. You can grab a jumping player, remain stationary, and they will lose all their momentum. They need to make it where if you grab someone the momentum is split between the players so if you jump and someone grabs you, you will effectively drag them a short distance before you fall to the ground.
  • Clustering. The network issue means that clustering together isnt fun as you fall over for no reason and end up getting trampled. They either need to make more paths so players split up more or tweak the physics like needing more force required to push a player over / move a player.
  • Players spawning infront of you, particularly on the whirlygig. You'll make a run to jump onto the next platform and then another player just plops into existence infront of you or on top of you, causing you to lose momentum and fall off the end.
  • Party spectating, does it exist now? It's incredibly easy to implement (they use unity to I know it is).
  • People who leave the game before the qualification screen don't appear in it. This kinda spoils the fun of seeing 20 people plop out. It's also incredibly incredibly easy to "fix". I genuinely dont know how they havent yet.
  • Losing isn't fun, probably because of the issues above or map specific ones.
  • Usernames, why dont we at least have some combinations to pick from like synonyms for "fall" and "guy". So Drop Bean 5155 etc

I have a lot of map specific issues / solutions written down on a google doc. Do you want me to post them here to see what you think about my improvements or is that enough complaining for now? :P

~Biggkenny~

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Fall Guys

Post by LilMissLarBear » 29 Sep 2020, 08:18

Biggkenny wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 07:41
[*]The network issues like where on one persons screen they are ahead but on your screen you are, and how you randomly fall over because the server thinks a player is there (they are on their screen) but they arent there for you. The network issue leads to those times where you'll get your tail stolen from a mile away, but have to step on the other player to get theirs. Also disconnects.

A part of me thinks that reducing lobby size for 60 or however big it is to lets say... 40 could improve the network issue a little. Sure, it won't solve the problem completely but if you think about it, looking at other online multiplayers it probably takes a lot as it is to find two players with suitable network connection. So making sure 60 people have suitable network... So much can go wrong and much higher risk of running into issues.

At least reducing lobby size should ease off the load a little, bit obviously more need to be done I'm not just suggesting that. Theres probably more technical solutions that I have no clue on :P

Lauren
VG mod