Paper Mario

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Jeni
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Paper Mario

Post by Jeni » 17 Jul 2020, 00:17

Is anyone else excited about the new Paper Mario coming out tomorrow? No? Just me? I need someone to be excited with me.... Not sure @Jas feels the same way.
~I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.~

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Paper Mario

Post by GraceMellody » 17 Jul 2020, 00:20

I saw some of the footage, it looks cute, i've never personally played a Paper Mario game so I don't know much about the side series
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Jeni
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Paper Mario

Post by Jeni » 17 Jul 2020, 00:30

They're really cute. It's a nice change from regular Mario-type games since it's an RPG, but still has the feel (and familiar characters). There's a lot of fun jokes and it's pretty playful as a whole. They suck me in easily. They're not hard, just fun adventures. I don't know. I'm just really excited about a new one. I don't know which one is my favorite, but I'd definitely recommend playing any of them. They're all just a little bit different, too, so it's new gameplay each time. :haha:

Jas
Retrospective Member
Retrospective Member
United States of America

Paper Mario

Post by Jas » 17 Jul 2020, 00:44

I know Jen will get a lot of play out of it. I probably won't play it but I like to watch her play them because they're usually silly and pretty clever sometimes.

Citizen
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
United States of America

Paper Mario

Post by Citizen » 17 Jul 2020, 04:09

Paper Mario has been shit since the first two so I'm not expecting much out of this one, especially since it sounds like the partner system and progression are both still watered down (in spite of the fact that those decisions were near universally panned with the last two entries), though supposedly not as badly as in SS and CS.

Frankly, the Mario & Luigi series serves as a better Mario RPG series than the last few Paper Marios.

I need to look into OK more to see if it leans more towards 64/TTYD or SS/CS. That'll decide whether or not I buy it. Because honestly I'm done playing SS/CS-style Paper Mario.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Paper Mario

Post by LikkleMel » 17 Jul 2020, 21:15

The only paper mario I've played is the one on the Wii. I quite enjoyed that one :)
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Jeni
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Paper Mario

Post by Jeni » 18 Jul 2020, 01:46

I can't expect everyone to be excited *cough*@Citizen*cough*, but I still am. :D

I'm hoping it is just as fun and cute as the others, though I do agree with TTYD as one of the better ones. May have to break out the GameCube to play that one again, too, if this leaves something to be desired... Per reviews, it doesn't seem like the battle system has improved much. I'll have to see how I feel about it after playing some, as I'm going to get it either way. They give me amusement and I like the ridiculous humor they put into them as well. I'm relatively easy to please in the gaming area. :lol:

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Paper Mario

Post by toshioa » 31 Jul 2020, 15:16

I loved Paper Mario way back when I played it on the Gamecube!! I've not bought the one on the Switch yet but I'm definitely keen to give it a try :D

Jeni
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Paper Mario

Post by Jeni » 01 Aug 2020, 04:16

I was so ready to purchase and play when it was released, but then life happened! Ugh.. Maybe this weekend, though! I'm still really excited to try it, even though it seems I might be a bit disappointed. We shall see!

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Paper Mario

Post by toshioa » 04 Aug 2020, 08:17

Has anybody else already purchased the game and can give us a little heads up? ;)