Calling all PC gamers/Steam users!

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Krisskie
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Krisskie » 20 Sep 2020, 15:10

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
06 Jul 2020, 20:51
Hi guys! :=D: at the moment I am on the lookout for new PC games to play and I am interested to know if anyone has any recommendations :) Really not fussy on the genre, I would try out basically anything. Specific titles will help if you are going to recommend major franchises (hint hint if you are going to mention Final Fantasy hint hint :XD: )
Thanks in advance! ^^ really excited to see what you come up with. Of course whether I already have it and/or played it is a different matter but it will be really interesting to see what you guys are into nonetheless!

If you're happy to try out a JRPG then I would highly recommend Tales of Vesperia which you can get off steam.

Inredibly funny, with a really good story and some interesting game play mechanics/puzzles.

It was originally a 360 game, but the definitive edition has done a great job in updating it.

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 20 Sep 2020, 20:11

You should throw Alan Wake in there. Fantastic game, a little spooky too so its ripe for Halloween.

As for Alan Wake's American Nightmare, I'd get that on a deep sale. Its a decent game but its too short, it's barely a sequel either.

I wish someone would greenlight a proper Alan Wake sequel so Remedy can get on it. Leaving it to end on a cliffhanger is a massive sin.
Mark my words
They will be gone
You'll see them playing games, my dear
They've moved along
Cause one day in the afterlife
We'll meet again
Prophecies - Blind Guardian

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 21 Sep 2020, 18:50

Purplegems3 wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 10:37
Star Trek: Online is pretty good

ive tried playing this a few times i just cant get into it, which is weird cos i love star trek lol
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 21 Sep 2020, 21:59

can't believe it's taken me this long to suggest this but you should try playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 and 2 and 3. and maybe a little Cyberdimemsion Neptunia: 4 goddesses Online with Super Neptunia RPG.

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 22 Sep 2020, 10:33

Elgood81 wrote:
21 Sep 2020, 21:59
can't believe it's taken me this long to suggest this but you should try playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 and 2 and 3. and maybe a little Cyberdimemsion Neptunia: 4 goddesses Online with Super Neptunia RPG.

Not the best review of the game, he calls the PC port lazy and disappointing. I might check the series out if I find myself with nothing to do 😉
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 22 Sep 2020, 10:58

Nishizono Shinji wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 10:33
Elgood81 wrote:

Not the best review of the game, he calls the PC port lazy and disappointing. I might check the series out if I find myself with nothing to do 😉
TBF IFI are not known for great PC ports. The main series Neptunia Games are pretty fun but most of the spinoffs are just a button-mashing snooze fest IMO
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 23 Sep 2020, 17:56

Kai wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 10:58
Nishizono Shinji wrote:
Elgood81 wrote:

TBF IFI are not known for great PC ports. The main series Neptunia Games are pretty fun but most of the spinoffs are just a button-mashing snooze fest IMO

from what I've seen the games look pretty generic and uninspiring to begin with add onto that a bad port to another system and it becomes something i'm certainly in no rush to try. That being said there will be a time when my playlist dwindles and i find myself with not much else to do, at that time something like this might be worth a shot.

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 23 Sep 2020, 22:33

Nishizono Shinji wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 17:56
Kai wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 10:58
Nishizono Shinji wrote:

from what I've seen the games look pretty generic and uninspiring to begin with add onto that a bad port to another system and it becomes something i'm certainly in no rush to try. That being said there will be a time when my playlist dwindles and i find myself with not much else to do, at that time something like this might be worth a shot.
I really wouldn't say generic as there's some interesting mechanics you won't find elsewhere. I think Simplistic is a better term
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang