Opinions on cex?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

sam_sam
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Opinions on cex?

Post by sam_sam » 04 Jul 2020, 17:10

Cex is a game store where you can trade in games just like GameStop in the usa. I traded in a Wii game and got 6 pounds and spent it on four more Wii games. What's your experience with the store?
ribbit
ImageImage

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Opinions on cex?

Post by GraceMellody » 06 Jul 2020, 09:58

I made like £25 once just by trading in a few DS and 3DS games that I never played, obviously they don't pay much but it is a good way to recycle games
I've bought anime and some games from there too, my best pickup was Wind Waker HD Remake for only a tenner
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

H03nn89
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Opinions on cex?

Post by H03nn89 » 06 Jul 2020, 19:31

They are pretty good if you want to get rid of something quick, but I don't find them as cheap as they used to be when buying things.

N0Ne
Afghanistan

Achievements

Opinions on cex?

Post by N0Ne » 07 Jul 2020, 05:17

Overall a good experience, however if you have some goods like games laying around you're better off selling them on Ebay. You make alot more ching then what they'll give you. 

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Opinions on cex?

Post by LikkleMel » 07 Jul 2020, 23:51

CEX have better prices than GAME. I find the credit is better than actual cash :)
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Purplegems3
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Opinions on cex?

Post by Purplegems3 » 08 Jul 2020, 10:30

sam_sam wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 17:10
What's your experience with the store?

Alright but I prefer shopping at Game for Consoles, Games etc and HMV for DVDs, Blu Rays etc over CEX

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Opinions on cex?

Post by GraceMellody » 13 Jul 2020, 20:23

LikkleMel wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 23:51
CEX have better prices than GAME. I find the credit is better than actual cash :)
Never actually used the credit myself
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

lloydiboy
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Opinions on cex?

Post by lloydiboy » 15 Jul 2020, 09:52

Sold an old iPad there which went towards financing a new one so good experience there. Also picked up a PS3 for something like 25 quid to help complete my partners FF platinum trophy challenge (needed for 13, 13-2 and lightning returns). Generally the prices on trade in aren't great, but they do still give good value on rare and obscure stuff, although if you can be bothered, you'll get more dollar for ebaying it
Come sing along with me

3DS Friend Code: 4983-6223-5296
Switch Nintendo Network ID: Lloydiboy
SW 7675-3547-3883

PM me to add me and I will add you back :)

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Opinions on cex?

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 25 Sep 2020, 10:50

I love that store my Xbox One X is from there and the games are cheap af. Also a good place to find obscure anime from decades ago lol
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Opinions on cex?

Post by Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds » 27 Sep 2020, 18:54

My experience has been mostly positive from buying / selling from them for the last decade . I've only had one major issue with them as a customer, which was my ASUS ROG laptop I bought from them. The amount of issues I have found with it is insane, but I doubt I would get a credit note for it since I have swapped / replaced parts for it. The issue is I would have to prove it to them that there is something wrong with it, since the issues would occur more when gaming.

I have also worked for them back in 2013 and well it was great, however, the supervisors was not great when it became busy. Demanding I should do orders faster when your body is already going as fast as it can and ignore helping the customers that needed a bit more help then normal. I was eventually fired since I questioned the tax due to a HR processing error (I had payslips to prove it)

Kanada
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Opinions on cex?

Post by Kanada » 27 Sep 2020, 21:28

People still use brick and mortar shops to purchase games?
I get for trading in old games (even if it's never good value), but actually buying?

Citizen
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
United States of America

Opinions on cex?

Post by Citizen » 27 Sep 2020, 22:35

Cex has to be better than GameStop at least.

I won't even buy online from GS anymore, that company has become such a shithole.

The last few times I ordered online from GS, the stuff either never came, arrived damaged, or they sent used when I ordered new. And their customer service is basically non-existent. I had to file a PayPal claim the last time I bought from them, and they wouldn't even reply to PayPal.

Shounen-Recycled
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Opinions on cex?

Post by Shounen-Recycled » 27 Sep 2020, 22:49

Citizen wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 22:35

I won't even buy online from GS anymore, that company has become such a shithole.

The last few times I ordered online from GS, the stuff either never came, arrived damaged, or they sent used when I ordered new. And their customer service is basically non-existent. I had to file a PayPal claim the last time I bought from them, and they wouldn't even reply to PayPal.
Ive heard bad stuff about game stop. Ill stick to CEX then
ImageCHEESY PASTA....LETS GO

Moulders
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Opinions on cex?

Post by Moulders » 28 Sep 2020, 12:40

Citizen wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 22:35

Yeah, having displays where sonic's arms were blue and everything.
"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause, each one of us must fight on to the end."

Earl Douglas Haig, Order to the British Army, 12 April 1918

So death, the most terrifying of ills, is nothing to us, since so long as we exist, death is not with us; but when death comes, then we do not exist. It does not then concern either the living or the dead, since the former it is not, and the latter are no more.

Epicurus Letter to Menoeceus

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Opinions on cex?

Post by Biggkenny » 28 Sep 2020, 18:01

CEX is good for buying stuff, but not great for selling. It's the best place I've found for used PC hardware though like RAM and CPUs.

~Biggkenny~