Renegade Reviews

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Ali-Renegade
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Renegade Reviews

Post by Ali-Renegade » 11 Jun 2020, 14:13

This topic is a place where either once or twice a day I will upload a review of a game I have been playing for you guys so you can discover new and old games that you may not have actually heard of, or just didn't originally think you liked the sound or look of.

A Way Out
This game was absolutely wonderful and extremely well made which is why the ending made me so angry and upset, it wasn't a bad ending and was actually really well planned, I won't spoil it but if you have played then you know what I mean.

The game begins in a prison where you and a friend take control of 2 different characters and have to work together to try and escape, sometimes this is a good thing and other times it can get frustrating because you have to wait while the other person figures out what they are meant to be doing. The game feels a lot like the classic prison escape movies where a person is framed for a crime they didn't commit and they have to escape to get revenge on the big bad gang leader.

Throughout the game you eventually escape from prison and have to fight your way across the state to find one of the guy's family to make sure they are safe and to let them know what you are planning to do. This adds more to the story because it shows that the character has a family and something to live for, which makes you realise how important this revenge mission must be for him.

The controls for the game are wonderful and really easy to get the hang of but quite often the buttons you have to press get really complicated where you have to press 4 buttons and move an analogue stick at the same time. The fight scenes work perfectly as you would expect, although there aren't a huge amount of them.

The story is really well made and you end up getting very attached to the 2 guys you are playing as, the more you play the more you see a relationship forming between them and you realise that they are not just 2d objects on a screen but that they have a fleshed out backstory and relationships and their own reasons for going on the revenge mission to defeat the big bad gang leader which makes it feel so much worse when you finally reach the ending.

As for the ending I will only say one thing about it because I don't want to spoil it too much for you guys who haven't played it yet. You will end up falling out with the person you have been playing with the whole time because of what you are going to have to do.

So all in all I give this game a solid 5/5 for amazing mechanics and story as well as the insane plot twist at the end.
*VTuber - Cookies and Cream Bunny*
*Semi Famous Metaverse Musician*
*Psychology Graduate and Computer Science Enthusiast*
*Game Designer*