Upcoming Games, Tournaments & Events

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Dark_
Retroactive Member
Retroactive Member
Great Britain

Post by Dark_ » 27 Apr 2021, 22:30

Baul wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 22:30
Dark_ wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 22:29
Baul wrote:
24 Apr 2021, 22:02
Gentlemen, synchronise your death watches!

expiration date reference?

Yeeee

WAIT! you did not read mine!

SpInNy FinGeRS

Rayl
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rayl » 27 Apr 2021, 22:33

If Mario Kart 8 happens again i'll try my darndest to get my hands on a copy again, can't beat a bit of Mario Kart.

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 28 Apr 2021, 01:13

Dark_ wrote:
Baul wrote:
Dark_ wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 22:29

expiration date reference?

Yeeee

Nah, I was too busy teleporting bread.
Mark my words
They will be gone
You'll see them playing games, my dear
They've moved along
Cause one day in the afterlife
We'll meet again
Prophecies - Blind Guardian

Dark_
Retroactive Member
Retroactive Member
Great Britain

Post by Dark_ » 03 May 2021, 18:17

Baul wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 01:13
Dark_ wrote:
Baul wrote:

Yeeee

What?

How much?

SpInNy FinGeRS

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 03 May 2021, 23:16

Dark_ wrote:
03 May 2021, 18:17
Baul wrote:
Dark_ wrote:

What?

How much?

About 3 days worth
Mark my words
They will be gone
They've moved along
We'll meet again

Dark_
Retroactive Member
Retroactive Member
Great Britain

Post by Dark_ » 04 May 2021, 19:00

Baul wrote:
03 May 2021, 23:16
Dark_ wrote:
03 May 2021, 18:17
Baul wrote:

What?

How much?

About 3 days worth

WHERE? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN SENDING IT? (post count :2)

SpInNy FinGeRS

HamzahQu
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by HamzahQu » 18 May 2021, 06:01

Upcoming Games? Do you know that Diablo 4 will launch on June 6, 2023? I'm so excited!!
Last edited by HamzahQu on 27 Dec 2022, 08:46, edited 2 times in total.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 25 May 2021, 03:21

HamzahQu wrote:
18 May 2021, 06:01
Upcoming Games? Do you know the World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Classic is launching June 1, 2021? I'm looking forward to it. And I believe I'm well-prepared.

World of Warcraft still going? Need to get back into it
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Yulyeong
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Yulyeong » 11 Aug 2021, 12:02

LikkleMel wrote:
25 May 2021, 03:21
HamzahQu wrote:
Upcoming Games? Do you know the World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Classic is launching June 1, 2021? I'm looking forward to it. And I believe I'm well-prepared.

Depending what you’re into in wow I’d possibly recommend waiting on coming back for a little bit, I’m currently in raid logging mode on classic as there’s not much else to do really :/

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 12 Aug 2021, 00:13

This Abandoned stuff is an actual shitshow. I just want a conclusion!
Mark my words
They will be gone
They've moved along
We'll meet again

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 14 Aug 2021, 21:24

Baul wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 00:13
hm?
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 15 Aug 2021, 03:49

GraceMellody wrote:
14 Aug 2021, 21:24
Baul wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 00:13
hm?

A really weird series of events I've been following the past couple of months. I'm not the best at explaining these things but I'll do my best. There's quite a few articles and videos on it too.

Basically, an indie studio by the name of "Blue Box Game Studios" (BBGS) started getting a attention recently for their project simply called "Abandonned" (Apparently not the final name) because people keep drawing links to it and the cancelled Silent Hills/P.T game a few years ago. Attention seemed to pick up about 2-ish months ago. At that point there was only 1 trailer released around 2 or so months before people started picking up on it.

There was a blog post on the playstation website as well.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/07 ... this-year/

Later turned out that the trailer was using asset store stuff and was going to have nothing to do with the final game. Leading to more questions. I thought the theories seemed pretty plausible so I was kind of a believer. I just want a Kojima Horror game and a new SH game. A big part of this was the head of the company making really vague "Not a hint but can absolutely be taken as one" hints to silent hill and obviously the recent rumours of a new Silent Hill being made.

Lots of prominent people in the games industry (Geoff Keighly, Corey Barlog, Jason Schrier and head of sony indies have spoken about it.) have mentioned it leading to more talks. Just a really wierd situation.

Mysterious game that had people in the industry confused and making mention of it. Mysterious project head (Hasan Kahraman) with apparently no history at all and apparently no prior online presence either.

All interesting until last month when he announced a "Real Time Experiences" app for the PS5. Where he boasted a special app for trailers and stuff that would make use of the PS5's features. Again, sounded interested and had people theorising and talking about it. The app was slated to be launched around 20th July with an introduction to the app with more stuff coming out through the year.

That's when stuff fell apart. I personally stopped believing in the whole Abandonned = Silent Hill "Conspiracy" at this point but, I've gotten invested so I want to see how this pans out.

At some point the head of the company made a tweet explaining that they had no relations to kojima/konami/silent hill. But still kept with the weird "Hints" and at one point posting a teaser with text with a font similar to Metal Gear's font and a heavily blurred image of a guy wearing an eyepatch in the background. Obviously this invokes more "OMG IT'S KOJIMA" responses.

The Abandonned Real Time Experiences app was delayed at the absolute last minute due to "Localisation issues" and was finally put out about 2 weeks ago with a "Check back later" message and nothing else. People figured out the localisations were google translated (So poor translations) even the english was pretty wonky as well. Making the delay questionable. More on that in a mo.

People found out that Hasan did have a bit of a history with games. The most recent being "The Haunting: Blood Water Curse" not too sure on the rest of the games. But it turned out that The Haunting was a massive flop and BBGS had seemingly pushed it onto another studio and nothing's happened with that. The game seems to just been abandonned. This seems to be the case with BBGS's earlier games too. All put out as an early access of sorts then just abandonned. All their previous games appearing to be asset flips as well to an extent.

Hasan started making really bold claims too. Like the game being 100% on par with RDR2's level of detail, 50 employees, 6 support studios, native 4k@60fps gameplay. All on a $250k budget.

The update for their Experiences app that was supposed to add the introduction trailer was delayed at the very last minute too with technical difficulties to blame with no ETA on a fix. Turns out the introduction trailer was only a short and incredibly vague 4 second sceneTrailer that BBGS tweeted out about an hour before the update with the trailer was supposed to drop. No hints that that was the trailer that was planned to drop by the way. It left plenty of people really disapointed.

and that's where we are at this point. No closer to figuring out what the hell this game is. Still people in the industry making mentions of it and being vague. We've not heard anything from Hasan or BBGS since the trailer dropped. All we know is that there's more stuff set to come but with no time frame and that the game is apparently supposed to drop Q4 this year.

There's basically no information about the game other than the weird and fairly untrustworthy claims made by Hasan. We have no idea what the game is supposed to look like since the first trailer was using asset store stuff and confirmed to not have anything to do with the final product and the second is just a shot of the floor and someone walking by. All we really know is the premise. The main character wakes up in a forest, abandoned and alone, and he needs to fight his way out. At this point, everyone that's interested in this is just frustrated because it's just a whole bunch of really weird coincidences, theories, weird claims by the studio head and people being led on to expect more information and then just being left with absolutely no information when the time comes.

At first I was into the whole "It's Kojima being Kojima" because it was a fun thing to theorise about but after these past few weeks I just think that it's all the work of a failed indie dev that has absolutely no idea what he's doing and that he just keeps digging himself deeper and deeper.

I just want a conclusion at this point. I just want to know if it's either Silent Hill, A good indie horror game or an absolute shitshow. I want to be surprised by a good game or even Silent Hill. But I'm not seeing it happen.
Mark my words
They will be gone
They've moved along
We'll meet again

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 15 Aug 2021, 04:09

I forgot this was coming.
Mark my words
They will be gone
They've moved along
We'll meet again

Anifighter
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Anifighter » 27 Sep 2021, 21:45

HamzahQu wrote:

[/quote]
Yeah WoW Leaving! TBC Phase 2 was realized 1 week ago :)
My New World sercret  🏃

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 29 Sep 2021, 23:32

I'm still waiting on that new Silent Hill we're never going to get.

Konami needs to do something. Preferably just sell the IP on.
Mark my words
They will be gone
They've moved along
We'll meet again