Atelier Franchise, Fairy Tail, Blue Reflection, etc.

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 21 May 2020, 23:26

We lost the original thread, but this is the place to discuss all games developed by Gust (owned by Koei Tecmo)
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 22 May 2020, 02:21

i desperately want an atelier game to catch my interest but i've tried three of them now and no spark :(

they just seem so chill and cute

Citizen
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
United States of America

Post by Citizen » 22 May 2020, 02:30

Similar to lolin. I've tried a few Atelier games and other Gust JRPGs. Wanted to like them because my best friend irl likes them, but they never did anything for me.

Jas
Retrospective Member
Retrospective Member
United States of America

Post by Jas » 22 May 2020, 03:23

My wife has played nearly a dozen Atelier games and she seems to like them.

I could never get into them.

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 22 May 2020, 04:07

I think it's just one of those franchises. They're very Slice-of-Life centric and with the protagonist, It's got kind of a 'cute girl doing cute things' but with that adventuring twist. Personally, I quite like the relaxing feel of not having to go out and save the world from some weird monster that just wants to destroy the world for the lols :P but those kind of elements aren't for everyone. with the Atelier games though, at least they don't ram fanservice and dodgy pantyshots down your throat every other CG in the same way that other franchises do, though they're not totally absent when they all have at least 1 beach event.
Image Image Image

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

Jas
Retrospective Member
Retrospective Member
United States of America

Post by Jas » 22 May 2020, 04:11

Kai wrote:
22 May 2020, 04:07
I think it's just one of those franchises. They're very Slice-of-Life centric and with the protagonist, It's got kind of a 'cute girl doing cute things' but with that adventuring twist. Personally, I quite like the relaxing feel of not having to go out and save the world from some weird monster that just wants to destroy the world for the lols :P but those kind of elements aren't for everyone. with the Atelier games though, at least they don't ram fanservice and dodgy pantyshots down your throat every other CG in the same way that other franchises do, though they're not totally absent when they all have at least 1 beach event.
I dunno, some of the later ones definitely have a lot of fanservice. Not as much skin, but plenty of lewd-ish commentary.

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 22 May 2020, 04:33

Jas wrote:
22 May 2020, 04:11
Kai wrote:
22 May 2020, 04:07
I dunno, some of the later ones definitely have a lot of fanservice. Not as much skin, but plenty of lewd-ish commentary.
that's more of an innuendo for out-of-context memes than anything on an "eye candy" level though. Gust invests into fanservice more for their games outside the Atelier Franchise, like Blue Reflection. you literally get the choice to go have a bath in the evening, and instead of skipping the bath scene, you basically sit and watch and you're given options based on what she's contemplating.
Image Image Image

Jas
Retrospective Member
Retrospective Member
United States of America

Post by Jas » 22 May 2020, 04:42

I'll admit I never played any of the other titles you mentioned, and to that end I can't comment on the relative quality of the fanservice, just that it definitely exists in some form even in the atelier games.

Kinda making me want to try these other games though.