Is there any video game you've found hard to finish?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 18 Sep 2021, 15:59

GraceMellody wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 14:34
I'm already struggling with Cookie Clicker XD The steam version is so much more in depth than the browser version back in 2013! It's fun but I don't like having to actively sit and watch a clicker game

Oh wow I think I remember Cookie Clicker! Whats so different in the Steam version? I thought in the browser version you have to sit there and click anyway?

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 21 Sep 2021, 23:53

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 15:59
GraceMellody wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 14:34
I'm already struggling with Cookie Clicker XD The steam version is so much more in depth than the browser version back in 2013! It's fun but I don't like having to actively sit and watch a clicker game

Oh wow I think I remember Cookie Clicker! Whats so different in the Steam version? I thought in the browser version you have to sit there and click anyway?
....just achievements :P
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 10 Nov 2021, 09:05

There's been a few I haven't finished because of the difficulty. Honestly (I might catch a lot of holy hell for saying this) I use walktroughs and strategy guides so that I can enjoy every little part that I can in a game, but even then sometimes a game is just impossible to finish. I don't know if I'm just that inept at games or I'm just not smart enough or what.

Devil May Cry (the first one in the HD Collection) I tried to do Hard mode, but there was ALWAYS this ONE spot where I had to kill off 3 Shadows in one encounter in some kind of cliffside, but I died every single time. I let out a few primal growl screams after a while and haven't tried to beat DMC's Hard mode to this day. :sweatdrop:

Let's see... another game would have to be Tekken 5, which I think is the one with Jinpachi Mishima. It's insane trying to get past that guy, I've thrown so much cussing at the TV at him after losing 10 times in a row or more using my best fighters. Once in a blue moon I can pull out a win, but using a defensive/wait until the opponent attacks strategy is useless against Jinpachi, so had to try to get out of my comfort zone style I grew up using in Tekken 3. It's almost impossible for me to go outside of my comfort zone, and I don't even know why. It's so frustrating, so that was added to the frustration of winning 1 round vs Jinpachi a few times, then getting crushed again and again.

Darkwatch for the PS2. It was an awesome game, and one I really tried to get into and I did actually. It was really fun, but there was one spot I kept getting killed at where it seemed like I was getting surrounded way too quick, but I wasn't good at FPS games back then either. But the story was so epic so I really tried to be good at it and get further into the story, but oh my god, the frustration seemed to be worth it for a while, until I just threw my hands up into the air and gave up. I sold the game to the Gamestop at the mall I always went to (before they turned the mall into an "outside mall") because I finally reached the point where the frustration was definitely not worth it. :rage:

Really the only ones I can think of that I couldn't use a Gameshark CDX for PSX on to cheat my way to a win though that made me want to break everything in sight a lot of times. :lol: :sweatdrop:

TheRealCuppaTea
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by TheRealCuppaTea » 12 Nov 2021, 22:35

S K Y R I M

Can't focus on one build for long enough, end up constantly restarting and trying new things, I feel like I've done everythinig but nothing at the same time.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 14 Nov 2021, 18:15

TheRealCuppaTea wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 22:35
S K Y R I M

Can't focus on one build for long enough, end up constantly restarting and trying new things, I feel like I've done everythinig but nothing at the same time.

You know what... Im with you on this one. Never admitted it because i know quite a few people who have done the main story or most of it anyway and here is me who has never got higher than level 10 because i am always restarting and trying different race/class combinations XD

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 14 Nov 2021, 21:14

TheRealCuppaTea wrote:
S K Y R I M

Ive heard a lot of people say this, it’s part of the reason I’ve avoided starting it because I know I’ll get frustrated
@MelodiqueArt

TheRealCuppaTea
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by TheRealCuppaTea » 15 Nov 2021, 18:41

LilMissCrazy wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 18:15
TheRealCuppaTea wrote:
S K Y R I M

You know what... Im with you on this one. Never admitted it because i know quite a few people who have done the main story or most of it anyway and here is me who has never got higher than level 10 because i am always restarting and trying different race/class combinations XD

Yeah there's just too many options, I do reckon that I've probably done all the games content to some extent, Just over the span of 100 different characters xD and with the game being on so many different platforms that I own as well, PS3 PS4 and PC, just helps towards my descent into chaos.

jntuwa
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by jntuwa » 26 Nov 2021, 18:57

Battletoads NES. I could not get past Stage 10 before giving up entirely. I think that game is waaaaaaay too hard for the wrong reasons.
Joseph

Sardi
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Sardi » 11 Dec 2021, 23:43

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 15 Apr 2022, 23:50

All of them!
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Justinblack
Bangladesh

Achievements

Post by Justinblack » 17 Apr 2022, 06:34

I got many information. :) :) :) :)

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 19 Apr 2022, 08:56

Ojisama wrote:
15 Apr 2022, 23:50
All of them!
ahaha now that’s relatable
@MelodiqueArt

Jannick
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Jannick » 21 Apr 2022, 02:38

Elden Ring

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 24 Apr 2022, 16:40

Naughty Kitty wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 15:02
GraceMellody wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 21:14
TheRealCuppaTea wrote:
S K Y R I M

Ive heard a lot of people say this, it’s part of the reason I’ve avoided starting it because I know I’ll get frustrated

Wait... You've never played Skyrim Grace?!!!
Nope, never
@MelodiqueArt