Is there any video game you've found hard to finish?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 17 May 2020, 04:32

Any games you almost gave up on finishing as they were too hard or didn't peak your interest.

I have to admit as much as I love Tomb Raider. I pre-orded the deleuxe edition of Tomb Raider: Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but it took me ages to complete as it just didn't keep my interest and I had to force myself through it. I might go back and play it because first time through I usually do all the collectibles and side missions, but I didn't here. Just completed the story and then went to another game.
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 17 May 2020, 14:54

Gonna sound basic, but Splatoon's single player mode. The final boss is just so long and drawn out, I desperately wanted to finish it but just didn't have the energy
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Ali-Renegade
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Ali-Renegade » 28 May 2020, 14:23

The entire ARMA 2 storyline because the AI doesn't seem to know how to do anything, i spent 30 minutes waiting for my squad to move to the next objective to complete the mission and they literally just stood there doing nothing, when i eventually got annoyed and went on to complete it on my own the AI kept telling me to come back and in the end i ended up completing the mission alone, this was one of the first missions in the game, it got worse as the missions started focusing more on the open world.
*VTuber - Cookies and Cream Bunny*
*Semi Famous Metaverse Musician*
*Psychology Graduate and Computer Science Enthusiast*
*Game Designer*

KoishiKomeiji257
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by KoishiKomeiji257 » 28 May 2020, 15:02

Took me about 8 hours to finish Shadow of the Tomb Raider, though. The last part was the hardest.

I also found Tomb Raider (The reboot first one) a buggy mess which demotivated me in trying to finish it soooo....That was shelved for a long while.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Noodle
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Noodle » 31 May 2020, 19:15

GraceMellody wrote:
17 May 2020, 14:54
Gonna sound basic, but Splatoon's single player mode. The final boss is just so long and drawn out, I desperately wanted to finish it but just didn't have the energy
have you played the octo expansion? The octo expansion is fun!
A Guide to Noodle:
♥ Koreaboo ♥
♥ Loves: Cute things. HyunA. Candy. HyunA. Yep pretty much love HyunA. ♥

♥ Get me on Skype @ SunnyD.89 ♥
♥ Join us in Crazy League! We don't bite! ♥
♥ Birb birb birb ;3 ♥

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 01 Jun 2020, 13:33

Noodle wrote:
31 May 2020, 19:15
GraceMellody wrote:
17 May 2020, 14:54
have you played the octo expansion? The octo expansion is fun!
I''m not sure, most likely not
@MelodiqueArt

Akosei
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Akosei » 03 Jun 2020, 14:47

This is a really long time ago and could have just been because I was young and not focusing...but on one of the Silent Hill games there was a big worm in one of the tunnels that blocked the path and I couldn't find a way around it so I eventually just gave up and never went back. :lol: :sweatdrop:
~Akōsei ~:litwick:

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 04 Jun 2020, 14:39

World of Warcraft. No matter how much I play, I can't seem to finish it. Truly odd...

Ali-Renegade
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Ali-Renegade » 17 Jun 2020, 16:15

Sword Art Online - Lost Song, the AI really sucks which makes it extra hard to get stuff done
*VTuber - Cookies and Cream Bunny*
*Semi Famous Metaverse Musician*
*Psychology Graduate and Computer Science Enthusiast*
*Game Designer*

Silverfox
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Silverfox » 17 Jun 2020, 18:49

Metal Gear Solid V - Love the franchise otherwise, For some reason though, MGSV just didn't capture my attention. I think the open-world/sandbox nature of it just lost a lot of the feel for me. And the stupid base-building thing was just an exercise in boring micro-management, along with having to build/research weapons rather than just finding them/unlocking them and getting on with it.
I just wanted something like MGS4 but bigger. Got a little way into it and haven't felt overly compelled to go back. It just feels like there's too many gimmicks and gameplay elements all squashed into one game, and they're all getting in the way of each other.
Knowing that there's a whole chapter missing from the game and how much Konami knobbed up the release doesn't particularly encourage me either.
NEVER CRUEL, NOR COWARDLY
NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER GIVE IN

Pet Ken Mach
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Pet Ken Mach » 11 Oct 2020, 16:32

Akosei wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 14:47
This is a really long time ago and could have just been because I was young and not focusing...but on one of the Silent Hill games there was a big worm in one of the tunnels that blocked the path and I couldn't find a way around it so I eventually just gave up and never went back. :lol: :sweatdrop:

Apologies for bouncing this thread, but the worm isn't an enemy. It's more scenery. Watch out for the dog things at the end of the corridor and get the items on either staircase.
You go through the turnstiles if you hold the ticket.
But as you say, it's been a long time. (And Silent Hill 4:The Room has just recently been released on PC!)

For OP question, it is a fair few of them! It's only Uncharted, Silent Hill and Final Fantasy games I seem to be good at.
I'm still stuck in chapter 4 on Alien Isolation and know the strategy but failing to put it in practice for the octopus boss at the end of The Evil Within's chapter 8.
It's all about finding your curve with these things. Well for me at least!

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 11 Oct 2020, 17:02

LikkleGoddess wrote:
17 May 2020, 04:32
Any games you almost gave up on finishing as they were too hard or didn't peak your interest.

I have to admit as much as I love Tomb Raider. I pre-orded the deleuxe edition of Tomb Raider: Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but it took me ages to complete as it just didn't keep my interest and I had to force myself through it. I might go back and play it because first time through I usually do all the collectibles and side missions, but I didn't here. Just completed the story and then went to another game.

Im with you on Tomb Raider there just sections that I would just struggle to get past. Metal Gear Solid is another one but that one I played briefly and thought "nah"

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 17 Oct 2020, 07:37

SPLATOON. OCTAVIO IS HARD, OK.
Wait, I already said that lol

Another one would be Amnesia The Dark Descent. I like horror but damn that one gave me palpitations
@MelodiqueArt

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Biggkenny » 17 Oct 2020, 18:18

Temtem. I should really like it since I enjoy pokemon games (except for some of the new pokemon they added) and I really kinda like doing the IV breeding. I just cant get into it. I've tried several times now and it just doesnt gel for me. I really dont know what it is but I only feel frustrated when I get into a battle. I havent even got anything above level 20 but I feel no drive to attempt that. Maybe it just doesnt have the same charm as pokemon? Or maybe pokemon is super nostalgic for me and carries it.

~Biggkenny~

Nuggies
Black Member
Black Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nuggies » 18 Oct 2020, 13:36

Could never finish Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

Not because it was too hard but the graphics and gameplay gave me awful motion sickness to the point that I couldn't play it.