Games That You Hate But Still Play

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

SpideyWrex
Standard Member

Games That You Hate But Still Play

Post by SpideyWrex » 09 Apr 2020, 08:33

Is there a video game that you hate a lot but still ended up playing it because of either:

1. Some parts of the game that you like
  2. External circumstances, like your friends recommending you to buy it and you could no longer refund it
  3. Some other reason
For myself, a couple of games like this comes to mind. Super Animal Royale is very cute and has animal avatars, if you're not too creeped out by the furry-esque nature of the game. There's a ton of animals and costumes you could unlock and daily missions, which leads to replayability. Unfortunately, it's a PvP battle royale, and these games give me no end of frustration, especially when I can't shoot to save my life. The intense nature of the game doesn't help with my anxiety either. But, since I've already bought the paid version and could no longer refund it, I didn't want my money to go to waste, so I forced myself to go through this torture. Ugh.

Another game that comes to mind is Hitman, the new one. My older computer couldn't handle the graphic capability, so there was a ton of lag playing it. It was so frustrating, and I didn't find out about this until I was about 6 hours into the game and could no longer refund it on Steam. But this problem has been resolved, somewhat, ever since I got my new PC, so it's not really relevant anymore. I still couldn't set the game to its highest graphic settings because of a lack of RAM on my computer, but at least it doesn't lag anymore.

Any of you share similar frustrations with video games?

Sdbillustrations
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Re: Games That You Hate But Still Play

Post by Sdbillustrations » 09 Apr 2020, 12:56

I think nowadays theres so much choice for games that i wont bother with a game unless i really enjoy them.

The only games i can think of was when i was a kid and i had only a select bunch of games on my snes. I found myself playing infuriating games like barts nightmare and Asterix.

SpideyWrex
Standard Member

Post by SpideyWrex » 09 Apr 2020, 13:08

Sdbillustrations wrote:I think nowadays theres so much choice for games that i wont bother with a game unless i really enjoy them.

The only games i can think of was when i was a kid and i had only a select bunch of games on my snes. I found myself playing infuriating games like barts nightmare and Asterix.

That's a good point. Retro games, as good as they were, used to be so bad they're hilarious to make fun of (see "The Angry Video Game Nerd's" videos). There's a different kind of frustration that came with them.

Of course, nowadays, gamers face a different kind of problem in the form of microtransactions, but I guess that's another discussion altogether.

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 27 Apr 2020, 07:59

When I was a teenager, I played 'Need for Speed: Most Wanted' on the Xbox 360 (The one with the BMW... :XD: ) From the moment I started playing it, I regretted buying it and going through the hassle of booting it up and achieving the first trophy. However, since I had spent good money on it and had already achieved the first trophy, I was determined too 100% complete it and thus began my worst ever play through of a video game to date. Needless to say, I achieved all the trophies but part-exed the game off immediately afterwards - consequently, it was the first game I ever sold/exchanged and, to this date, I can only recall having sold 1 other off since... that's how much I hated this game :lol:

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 27 Apr 2020, 11:05

Sdbillustrations wrote:I think nowadays theres so much choice for games that i wont bother with a game unless i really enjoy them.

Exactly this! That and thanks to the power of YouTube and YouTubers, there is a lot more review material out there long before I get my hands on a copy so I can get a real feel for whether I'll enjoy a game or not before I decide whether to buy it or not. Back in the day, we didn't have that so it was either 'buy it or don't' and see what you ended up with. That said, I don't think I've done all that badly over the decades; I can only really recall one game that I totally hated and that is the one mentioned in my previous post.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 29 Apr 2020, 20:05

In the past I would have said Overwatch or GMod. I never liked the games themselves that much, but I played them because my friends wanted to and I wanted to be a part of it
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

UnmeiNoTenshi
Standard Member
Wales

Achievements

Post by UnmeiNoTenshi » 29 Apr 2020, 20:52

Life, apart from the graphics everything else about it is mediocre at best

Citizen
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
United States of America

Post by Citizen » 29 Apr 2020, 21:38

There aren't really any I can think of currently, but young Citizen was definitely a masochist:

WorldIsMine
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by WorldIsMine » 30 Apr 2020, 01:52

every game because reality is suffering

belsammael
Veteran Member
Netherlands

Achievements

Post by belsammael » 30 Apr 2020, 07:08

Citizen wrote:There aren't really any I can think of currently, but young Citizen was definitely a masochist:

Oh, this brings back memories.
Mainly of the painful kind.
No one ever listens to Zathras.

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 01 May 2020, 08:56

GraceMellody wrote:In the past I would have said Overwatch or GMod. I never liked the games themselves that much, but I played them because my friends wanted to and I wanted to be a part of it

Awww yeah I was in the same boat with OverWatch. I wouldn't say I 'hated' it but definitely wasn't fond of it and, like yourself, only played because my mates did. Heck, truth be told I wasn't even that good at it as I just wasn't interested :lol: The things we do for friends..!

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 07 May 2020, 17:09

toshioa wrote:Awww yeah I was in the same boat with OverWatch. I wouldn't say I 'hated' it but definitely wasn't fond of it and, like yourself, only played because my mates did. Heck, truth be told I wasn't even that good at it as I just wasn't interested :lol: The things we do for friends..!

Yep lol! I just found it kinda.. boring
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 07 May 2020, 17:24

The closest I get to hating something that I still play is Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet. I'm literally only in it for the trophies and achievements on PS4 and XBOX One. compared to the other SAO games, I just really can't stand the direction they went with on it, and that's putting aside my bias against shooters TBH. I'd rather just play Destiny 2 TBH, and that's barely any better as a looter shooter IMO
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

JDShand
Great Britain

Post by JDShand » 11 May 2020, 06:09

League of Legends 100%

Itachi
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Itachi » 11 May 2020, 13:40