Command & Conquer Remaster

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Command & Conquer Remaster

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 12 Mar 2020, 18:51

Since the successes of Resident Evil 2 Remaster and incredible hype for the upcoming FFVII remake, it's easy to see why many game developers and publishers are looking to the past for inspiration for future titles. EA are the latest publisher to attempt to cash in on the nostalgia dollar with new renditions of Command & Conquer Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert.
This compilation is a celebration of the franchises 25th Anniversary and will come with three expansion packs upon release. These remasters will have upgraded graphics boasting 4k upscaling and an overhauled UI. EA have also been working with the C&C community to add and improve features of both games in an attempt to modernise the franchise without losing the core values and feel that made this classic RTS so popular.

Were you a C&C fan? are you excited to see a remaster? do you feel that RTS is a dying genre and should stay that way?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Gonchi
United States of America

Re: Command & Conquer Remaster

Post by Gonchi » 16 Mar 2020, 08:30

The first time I played Command & Conquer Red Alert 1 on my Playstation a long time ago. Can't wait to play a remastered version.

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 18 Mar 2020, 14:42

Gonchi wrote:The first time I played Command & Conquer Red Alert 1 on my Playstation a long time ago. Can't wait to play a remastered version.

I also played Red Alert quite a lot on the PlayStation and lots of Red Alert 2 on the PC. It's an iconic franchise and many games owe their success to C&C as they were clearly influenced by it.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 19 Mar 2020, 10:26

I don't really like how the new ones look. I liked tho old crappy graphics, they're charming. It is a bit annoying to get the old ones working on modern machines and its impossible to buy the old versions. Luckily OpenRA has been doing amazing work.