Why I prefer console games over computer games (though that might change)

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Jongriffin
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Jongriffin » 11 Mar 2020, 00:11

Am I just an idiot? I wouldn't be surprised if I was. I have always had a hard time installing computer games onto my computer. Right now I am having a hard time installing StarCraft II Battle Chest onto my computer. I can't get it to run. When I try contacting Blizzard, there is no contact number for them that I can find. When I write an email to them of my problems, they just have an automatic message to try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. It's maddening. Absolutely maddening. Just as maddening as trying to install Daggerfall using DoxBox.

This is why I prefer console games. I have never had a problem setting them up because they are already programmed to run on your console.

That's not to say things may not change. Much to my chagrin, I feel like console are becoming too much like desktop computers with upgrades, internet, and so forth. None of which I'm looking for in a console.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Re: Why I prefer console games over computer games (though that might change)

Post by PharaohAtem » 11 Mar 2020, 17:13

I never really have trouble with computer games and I prefer Final Fantasy on my computer because I can't figure out the controller on my ps4. I did once have a problem with LOL, but I found out my antivirus was blocking it, sometimes that is the cause or a missing driver that you don't know you didn't have.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jongriffin
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Jongriffin » 11 Mar 2020, 19:33

PharaohAtem wrote:I never really have trouble with computer games and I prefer Final Fantasy on my computer because I can't figure out the controller on my ps4. I did once have a problem with LOL, but I found out my antivirus was blocking it, sometimes that is the cause or a missing driver that you don't know you didn't have.

So you're saying that my Norton Anti-Virus could possibly be blocking the set up?

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 11 Mar 2020, 19:59

Possibly I know that's the one that was blocking LOL at the time. It's hard to tell though.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 12 Mar 2020, 18:20

I also prefer console gaming these days. Mainly because there are no issues with system requirements, installation issues etc. and the specs of the next gen consoles is so close to top tier gaming PC's its almost negligible.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Sdbillustrations
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Sdbillustrations » 06 Apr 2020, 21:09

I've always been a console gamer at heart. I have great memories playing point and click games when i was little on pc or discovering chrono trigger. But mostly i just feel more comfortable and happy gaming om a console. Gaming on pc just isnt that relaxing for me.

Purplegems3
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Purplegems3 » 26 May 2020, 15:45

I do like the console games better but I did start my love for gaming on a PC but that was in the early 2000's so using Stream and stuff is still something I would have to get used to if I started to play on my PC again

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 26 May 2020, 21:27

There is something nice about just slotting a game in, and not needing to worry about updates or anything, I do kind of miss that
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 26 May 2020, 23:53

It doesn't help that you're going to have to pay a subscription just to play on the new Xbox. One X I think?

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 06 Jun 2020, 21:05

Micro Transactions are awful
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Biggkenny » 05 Jul 2020, 10:21

Jongriffin wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 00:11
I have always had a hard time installing computer games onto my computer.
Is your PC modern? And what Operating System are you using? Is the installer not running or is the installed game not running?

The only issue with installation that I've had is trying to run an ancient game on my modern PC, from disk. Nearly all of my games are through downloads and work straight away.

Nishizono Shinji wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 18:20
the specs of the next gen consoles is so close to top tier gaming PC's its almost negligible
The specs of next gen consoles compares to current(ish) top(ish) tier gaming PCs, there will be a noticeable performance difference if you want to run at extremely high frame rates or max graphics for example (if any of that matters to you, which it does a bit to me)

I can kind of understand people being fine with playing on console and not wanting to deal with other software that you can install on PCs, but you can just set a pc to auto run steam in big picture mode with a controller in and treat it like a console.
I have turned my xbox one on before and just though i could be fine with going back to console only, but then I realise that some of my favourite games arent available on it, and the performance is really bad. I think this will be a more compelling arguement when consoles hit a minimum performance (and it looks like upcoming ones might hit my personal minimum). I do like my mods on my pc though and using it for more than purely gaming (like writing this message)

~Biggkenny~

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 05 Jul 2020, 16:28

I have gotton more into PC gaming (mainly cause I want to stream), but I still prefer my PS Controller. My playstation is my baby and I'll always be a Sony nerd.
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

H03nn89
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by H03nn89 » 07 Jul 2020, 20:16

Console player here!

I think I had basic games for my computer, but they always tended to crash.