Minecraft

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Re: Minecraft

Post by toshioa » 27 Aug 2019, 11:23

I bought Minecraft on PC back when I was in university and it was still in Alpha! My housemates and I all grabbed a copy each for like $3-4 not thinking much of it. Little did we know it would become as big as it is today!! We used to play it continuously whilst at uni on our LAN and would spend hours and hours mining out elaborate chambers and passageways. This is back when you literally could make a handful of items and there was no red stone or half the stuff there is today. Sadly, I do not honestly remember the last time I sat down and properly played it but it's definitely some time ago now! :( Maybe I should dust it off and boot it back up :lol:

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 27 Aug 2019, 14:06

toshioa wrote:I bought Minecraft on PC back when I was in university and it was still in Alpha! My housemates and I all grabbed a copy each for like $3-4 not thinking much of it. Little did we know it would become as big as it is today!! We used to play it continuously whilst at uni on our LAN and would spend hours and hours mining out elaborate chambers and passageways. This is back when you literally could make a handful of items and there was no red stone or half the stuff there is today. Sadly, I do not honestly remember the last time I sat down and properly played it but it's definitely some time ago now! :( Maybe I should dust it off and boot it back up :lol:

it's honestly amazing how much has changed since we've last played it

i don't even know what andesite, diorite, or some red block that's not redstone are!

i feel like i'd be much better at redstone circuits now than i was 10 or so years ago

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 28 Aug 2019, 19:28

I just like creative mode XD

I remember getting excited because you could tame a wolf :XD:
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 29 Aug 2019, 10:06

lolin wrote:it's honestly amazing how much has changed since we've last played it

i don't even know what andesite, diorite, or some red block that's not redstone are!

i feel like i'd be much better at redstone circuits now than i was 10 or so years ago

I hear ya! :lol: It's developed and grown so much, especially since Microsoft bought the rights to it; it's just going from strength to strength :) I probably wouldn't even know how to survive the first night now!

Inspi
Great Britain

Post by Inspi » 29 Aug 2019, 17:28

They added bees into Minecraft now? o.O
Ever wonder how distant you can go to achieve something you desire? Until your dream becomes a reality,you will never understand.

Salrynn
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Salrynn » 29 Aug 2019, 18:02

they have now yeah

I spotted them a month or two ago, but i thought that was just part of the mod that was inputted in the version i play
If you believe it's impossible, it will be impossible.Image

Inspi
Great Britain

Post by Inspi » 29 Aug 2019, 19:09

Salrynn wrote:they have now yeah

I spotted them a month or two ago, but i thought that was just part of the mod that was inputted in the version i play

I swear I played recently and never seen a bee, the furthest update was Pandas I thought?
Ever wonder how distant you can go to achieve something you desire? Until your dream becomes a reality,you will never understand.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 29 Aug 2019, 21:17

Inspi wrote:I swear I played recently and never seen a bee, the furthest update was Pandas I thought?

It was literally like a week ago I think?
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 01 Sep 2019, 09:40

What about Minecraft do people enjoy? Why in your opinion is it so popular?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Inspi
Great Britain

Post by Inspi » 01 Sep 2019, 12:15

GraceMellody wrote:It was literally like a week ago I think?

I see, guess I need to wander the wildlife then, I checked the spawn eggs and was nothing there.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 02 Sep 2019, 01:52

Inspi wrote:I see, guess I need to wander the wildlife then, I checked the spawn eggs and was nothing there.

Do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@MelodiqueArt

Meep Meep
Great Britain

Post by Meep Meep » 03 Sep 2019, 20:57

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 03 Sep 2019, 21:01

I've been helping out on a prison server that's about to launch soon, setting up the various mines to sell the ores. I get pulled into a lot of setups, mostly the grunt work.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 03 Sep 2019, 22:53

Meep Meep wrote:[mention=59156]LikkleMel[/mention] https://www.facebook.com/Progamemes/vid ... 0Njc1MDY2/

:O yesssssss
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 04 Sep 2019, 00:13

Expendable wrote:I've been helping out on a prison server that's about to launch soon, setting up the various mines to sell the ores. I get pulled into a lot of setups, mostly the grunt work.

Prison server?
@MelodiqueArt