Minecraft

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Re: Minecraft

Post by GraceMellody » 11 Mar 2020, 19:27

SNAPSHOT 20w11a IS OUT

[attachment=1]minecraft snapshot.png[/attachment]

[quote]In this snapshot you can be on your merry way across the beautiful Soulsand Valleys with your freshly enchanted boots. It's a bit scary to be fair, so these boots will help you out with that bit...[/quote][/size]

REDSTONE NEWS:
(Spoilering because it's long and doesn't look like change has been implemented yet)

[spoiler]Redstone is one of the coolest things in Minecraft and many of you are members of communities that focus on building mind-blowing redstone contraptions, farms, computing machines and 256x256 piston doors.

A lot of redstone behaviour is currently categorized as “undefined”. This is when the behaviour of the block is not the result of intentional code but is a side-effect of unaccounted edge cases or quirks in the game code.​

We know that many players consider undefined behaviour as a very interesting aspect of redstone and enjoy experimenting with and using undefined behaviour to build unique contraptions to share with the rest of the community.​

However, the quirks of undefined behaviour can be quite surprising - even when building simple contraptions. This quirkiness can be a negative experience for players new to redstone and may turn them away from this very unique and exciting aspect of Minecraft as well as the vast redstone community behind it.​

Our goal is to bring all redstone components up to a level of quality that we are happy with and we will be making adjustments where it makes the most sense for redstone going forward.

Any changes we make will be communicated in the snapshot changelogs and as always we will be reading your feedback and comments. If you have any immediate feedback regarding redstone then please make a post on the feedback website.[/spoiler]

NEW FEATURES IN 20W11A
Added Soul Speed enchantment
Added Twisting Vines that grow upwards
Nether gold ore can now be found in the nether - it is just like gold ore, but more Nether-y

SOUL SPEED
Never suffer again drudging through Soul Sand Valleys - Soul Speed has you covered!

Shine your boots of choice with this soul-sucking enchantment to speed around on Soul Sand and Soul Soil!
There's a downside, however: enchantments will slowly degrade your boots each Soul block you walk on
Can only be obtained by bartering with those pesky Piglins

CHANGES IN 20W11A
Bone meal can now be used to grow kelp, weeping vines and twisting vines
Hoes are now the appropriate tools for mining Hay, Targets, Dried Kelp Blocks, Shroomlights, Nether Wart Blocks and Warped Wart Blocks
Doors, rails, buttons, pressure plates, redstone and more can now be placed on soulsand and full-block of snow layers
Soul sand with a rail on top will no longer slow-down minecarts
TNT and Campfires will now ignite when hit by any burning projectile
Bell blocks will now ring when hit by any projectile

TECHNICAL CHANGES IN 20W11A
minecraft:soul_speed_blocks is any block that the Soul Speed enchantment increases speed on
New particle type: soul

FIXED BUGS IN 20W11A
(spoilering because.. well, it's long lol)
[spoiler]MC-81659 - Fireball and witherskull hitboxes are frequently invisible for some seconds
MC-134900 - server.properties generator-settings for level-type FLAT not implemented; property is stored in ignored flat_world_options NBT
MC-145140 - Fireballs cannot be interacted with when summoned
MC-146928 - Can’t place doors, rails, buttons, pressure plate, redstone, etc. on soul sand
MC-148935 - Zombies with no AI still convert into drowned
MC-171079 - Comparators no longer work as expected reading containers through powered blocks
MC-171860 - Nether fossils have code implying an unimplemented /locate function
MC-172266 - Crossbow wielding piglins do not properly walk backwards to target the player when very close
MC-172323 - Game crashes when summoning a hoglin with the attack damage attribute set to 0 or giving a hoglin weakness with a very high level (255)
MC-172374 - Can teleport to invalid y coordinates and crash the game
MC-172428 - Piglins and hoglins don’t look at their target
MC-172470 - When the piglin holds the bow, it will try to attack and follow the enemy eventually stood there not moving
MC-172530 - Piglins indefinitely stand around dropped golden items if mobGriefing is disabled
MC-172903 - Piglins which convert into zombified piglins delete armor if equipped
MC-173156 - Z-fighting at bottom of potted bamboo; bottom texture of bamboo is exposed
MC-173167 - Netherite sword/tools not sorted with other swords/tools
MC-173180 - Hoglins are not scared of Warped Fungus in flower pots
MC-173219 - No sound when climbing weeping vines
MC-173243 - Crying obsidian is movable by pistons
MC-173283 - Piglin admiring held gold ingot doesn’t drop it when killed
MC-173302 - Crying Obsidian can be harvested with any pickaxe
MC-173384 - Crying obsidian can be destroyed by the Ender Dragon
MC-173433 - Killing a baby Hoglin doesn’t yield experience
MC-173462 - Baby piglins can hold soul fire torches
MC-173467 - Piglins admiring bartering gold ingot drop nothing when converting to Zombified Piglin
MC-173484 - Death message from falling off a trapdoor does not mention it by name
MC-173485 - Death message from falling off scaffolding does not mention it by name
MC-173706 - NullPointerException in server tick loop when trying to load a flatland world with Nether biome
MC-173725 - Anvil name field doesn’t automatically receive focus anymore and is unclickable
MC-173731 - Fire and soul fire play a sound and produce particles when extinguished
MC-173732 - Fire and soul fire do not have loot tables
MC-173739 - Missing sound for event: minecraft:block.smithing_table.use
MC-173766 - Thrown tridents disappear after hitting and damaging a mob or entity
MC-173776 - Hoes do not mine targets faster
MC-173792 - End gateways don’t work using enderpearls
MC-173858 - Unable to set “LeftHanded” to “1b” for piglins[/spoiler]
Attachments
minecraft snapshot.png
minecraft snapshot.png (728.49 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

RedHat
Entombed Member
Entombed Member
Great Britain

Post by RedHat » 11 Mar 2020, 19:30

Yay lots of updates :D

ImmortalJed wrote:
I'm ill enough as it is, don't need you bunch of braindead fools nomming on me and making it worse :P

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 11 Mar 2020, 19:32

I never got into Minecraft but someone said I should.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 11 Mar 2020, 19:42

If you'd like to give it a try, they used to run a three-minecraft-day web-version using the old North Carolina seed from the website.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 11 Mar 2020, 19:44

RedHat wrote:Yay lots of updates :D

When are we playing~
@MelodiqueArt

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 11 Mar 2020, 19:44

PharaohAtem wrote:I never got into Minecraft but someone said I should.

It's a lot of fun because there's something for everyone!
@MelodiqueArt

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 11 Mar 2020, 19:58

You do it on steam right?

RedHat
Entombed Member
Entombed Member
Great Britain

Post by RedHat » 11 Mar 2020, 20:33

GraceMellody wrote:When are we playing~

I'm guessing you'll want to play soon :P :D

ImmortalJed wrote:
I'm ill enough as it is, don't need you bunch of braindead fools nomming on me and making it worse :P

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 11 Mar 2020, 20:38

You two could teach me. Red's a good teacher in gaming.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 12 Mar 2020, 20:11

I know a quiet online server, if that helps? Do you want to play vanilla or modded?

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 12 Mar 2020, 22:07

PharaohAtem wrote:You do it on steam right?

No, it has it's own client, not through Steam

RedHat wrote:I'm guessing you'll want to play soon :P :D

After Leeds pls, really wanna check out this new snapshot.

PharaohAtem wrote:You two could teach me. Red's a good teacher in gaming.

If there's ever a time we're all free i'm down
@MelodiqueArt

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 02 Apr 2020, 20:35

So, this year Minecraft had the April fools snapshot to end all other april fools. The infinity snapshot is a world that allows you to travel to 2 billion new dimensions! Of course the majority are totally randomised and some of them may crash your PC, but the endless possibilities is still fun

Fun fact, there's a bunch of easter egg dimensions too, like "sponge" and "slime" being filled with the respective blocks, dimensions like "perfection", "isolation" and "ant" which are all unique and new, as well as fun unique ones like "terminal" which shows a command script, "skygrid" which shows every block in a skygrid, and "content" which is a skyblock world.

All found easter eggs are here: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Java_Ed ... Dimensions
@MelodiqueArt

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 04 Apr 2020, 17:37

[mention=19809]RedHat[/mention] You're the one who knows how to put up a server, care to make one for AL and we can organise a big play session~?
@MelodiqueArt

Sdbillustrations
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Sdbillustrations » 06 Apr 2020, 21:00

Its been lovely getting back into minecraft with my brother in law and one of my close mates. Great way to avoid boredom, get creative and bond and spend time with people i care about.

Emma
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Emma » 07 Apr 2020, 07:21

Did I read that AL have a Minecraft server?

If so, could I join please x3

The attachment 32-329433_anime-girl-thinking-drawing-hd-png-download.png is no longer available
Attachments
32-329433_anime-girl-thinking-drawing-hd-png-download.png
32-329433_anime-girl-thinking-drawing-hd-png-download.png (501.56 KiB) Viewed 1229 times