Gears 5

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Gears 5

Post by PharaohAtem » 16 Aug 2019, 19:22

[video=youtube;ZgjZ6PRHags]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgjZ6PRHags[/video]

September 6th

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Re: Gears 5

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 17 Aug 2019, 20:40

I Will be getting this and writing up a review. It's one of my favourite game franchises
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 18 Aug 2019, 21:38

I haven't played the franchise but someone said I should but I don't have an xbox.

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 21 Aug 2019, 10:08

I haven't played a Gears game since 3. I think I do actually have 4 at home somewhere but yeah, I should probably catch up and see where the franchise has gone now :lol: Might also be worth me replaying the other 4 games as a recap :XD:

Inspi
Great Britain

Post by Inspi » 22 Aug 2019, 01:22

PharaohAtem wrote:I haven't played the franchise but someone said I should but I don't have an xbox.

You don't need an Xbox for for it, pretty sure some are on PC too.

[mention=717]PharaohAtem[/mention] I really hope Gears 5 isn't disappointing, I prefer the Gears 3 ways, just like majority of the GoW community but eh. I tried out the tech test and it seemed promising so far.

I play Gears 4 often (as my xbox refuses to find lobbies for gears 3) so If anyone wants to play sometime, feel free to message me for my gamertag.
Ever wonder how distant you can go to achieve something you desire? Until your dream becomes a reality,you will never understand.

Inspi
Great Britain

Post by Inspi » 22 Aug 2019, 01:34

Naughty Kitty wrote:You know what was weird, I used to still be able to find players in the original Gears Of War, the first one even through Gears 3 and Judgement or so releases.

There are fans that consider Gears of War 1 the superior one, some for 2 but majority for 3. The movement and shot registering was on point. Gears 4 is just... meh, core tuning is bad, competitive tuning is far better.
Ever wonder how distant you can go to achieve something you desire? Until your dream becomes a reality,you will never understand.

Inspi
Great Britain

Post by Inspi » 22 Aug 2019, 02:37

Which gears is your favourite?

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 22 Aug 2019, 05:21

Inspi wrote:Which gears is your favourite?

GoW 3 is my favourite, best story and they perfected Horde Mode :D
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Inspi
Great Britain

Post by Inspi » 22 Aug 2019, 13:31

Nishizono Shinji wrote:GoW 3 is my favourite, best story and they perfected Horde Mode :D

Horde mode I do agree was pretty good on GoW 3, the story line itself still holds one of the most emotional moments in gaming history (one of, not the top, as there's a fair bit) - Did you ever try Overrun in Judgment?

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 22 Aug 2019, 18:02

Inspi wrote:You don't need an Xbox for for it, pretty sure some are on PC too.

[mention=717]PharaohAtem[/mention] I really hope Gears 5 isn't disappointing, I prefer the Gears 3 ways, just like majority of the GoW community but eh. I tried out the tech test and it seemed promising so far.

I play Gears 4 often (as my xbox refuses to find lobbies for gears 3) so If anyone wants to play sometime, feel free to message me for my gamertag.

Probably haven't played the pc version either.

Inspi
Great Britain

Post by Inspi » 22 Aug 2019, 19:33

PharaohAtem wrote:Probably haven't played the pc version either.

Honestly, it's one of the better team-based shooters, it's incredibly fast paced and if you know how to wall bounce and strafe, then you can achieve high tier/ranks (techniques in the game)

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 23 Aug 2019, 12:21

Naughty Kitty wrote:The trilogy. Gears 3 probably the one I played most just because of generational things. But I loved the first two games, and let's not forget Gears 1 is famous for being one of the first to push the game engine graphics to the edge, Gears 2 was the first ever hord mode, and Gears 3 was just plain an amazing ending to that story-arch. If nothing else I highly recommend those three campaign wise to understand the series.

I also played the third installment more than any other. Four was great for multiplayer too

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 27 Aug 2019, 11:37

I found all my of original games on Xbox 360 over the weekend whilst tidying up a little and I'm very tempted to smash through them again for old times sake :D

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 28 Aug 2019, 04:31

im actually quite hyped for the new GoW :D

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 28 Aug 2019, 10:56

Anyone wanna coop on any of the previous games? :lol: