Recommend game for switch

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Re: Recommend game for switch

Post by LikkleMel » 19 Sep 2019, 18:09

UnmeiNoTsubasa wrote:Apparently you don't even get the full games so it's pretty much a glorified demo unless you download

They said at the start with the PS4 and Xbox ones. You basically get the first part of the first game. I think it was the first world. Then after that you have to wait for the download to happen to get the rest of the first game and the other two. I don't get why you'd do that to a physical copy? There was a long debate on why have the physical copy to begin with if you are downloading the full game to begin with. I like physical copies as it means you can show your collection IRL, but it is annoying you buying the game and having to wait for it to download anyway
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Re: Recommend game for switch

Post by lolin » 19 Sep 2019, 18:18

LikkleMel wrote:They said at the start with the PS4 and Xbox ones. You basically get the first part of the first game. I think it was the first world. Then after that you have to wait for the download to happen to get the rest of the first game and the other two. I don't get why you'd do that to a physical copy? There was a long debate on why have the physical copy to begin with if you are downloading the full game to begin with. I like physical copies as it means you can show your collection IRL, but it is annoying you buying the game and having to wait for it to download anyway

switch games only have so much storage

there's TWO sizes of switch cartridge from what i know and generally if you want the larger size data-wise, it costs a lot more so this is why physicals are marked up for switch games currently and why you see everything digital because publishers are cheap as heck and terrible people in general

Purplegems3
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Purplegems3 » 06 Jul 2020, 12:23

Daemon X Machina?

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 13 Jul 2020, 19:36

Lolin wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 18:18
LikkleMel wrote:They said at the start with the PS4 and Xbox ones. You basically get the first part of the first game. I think it was the first world. Then after that you have to wait for the download to happen to get the rest of the first game and the other two. I don't get why you'd do that to a physical copy? There was a long debate on why have the physical copy to begin with if you are downloading the full game to begin with. I like physical copies as it means you can show your collection IRL, but it is annoying you buying the game and having to wait for it to download anyway

there's TWO sizes of switch cartridge from what i know and generally if you want the larger size data-wise, it costs a lot more so this is why physicals are marked up for switch games currently and why you see everything digital because publishers are cheap as heck and terrible people in general
Gotta love SD cards 8D
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 16 Jul 2020, 01:59

GraceMellody wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 19:36
Lolin wrote:

Gotta love SD cards 8D
They couldn't even use the storage excuse for the consoles though even then they should just not bother with a physical copy. The annoying thing I find with some switch games is that you always need to be connected to the internet sometimes just to load the game.

lloydiboy
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lloydiboy » 16 Jul 2020, 06:32

@LikkleMel have you checked if your switch is your primary account? My partner has that problem and it's because someone has hijacked their account and now they can't change it back to their switch because you are only allowed one remote transfer a year
Come sing along with me

3DS Friend Code: 4983-6223-5296
Switch Nintendo Network ID: Lloydiboy
SW 7675-3547-3883

PM me to add me and I will add you back :)

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 16 Jul 2020, 12:42

LikkleMel wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 01:59
GraceMellody wrote:
Lolin wrote:

Gotta love SD cards 8D
They couldn't even use the storage excuse for the consoles though even then they should just not bother with a physical copy. The annoying thing I find with some switch games is that you always need to be connected to the internet sometimes just to load the game.
I found that I have that problem moreso with PC games rather than Switch games, what games did you have an issue with?
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

lloydiboy
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lloydiboy » 17 Jul 2020, 06:41

LikkleMel wrote:
GraceMellody wrote:
Lolin wrote:

Gotta love SD cards 8D

Do you share your switch Mel? Is the issue that you get a message saying "checking if the software can be played"

If so you might need to make sure the switch Ch is set as your primary console. My partner was having problems with her's, and when we went to check we found that her account had been accessed from Italy and Bulgaria. But because Nintendo support is crap we are struggling to get her account authorised on her actual switch as her primary console.
Come sing along with me

3DS Friend Code: 4983-6223-5296
Switch Nintendo Network ID: Lloydiboy
SW 7675-3547-3883

PM me to add me and I will add you back :)

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 17 Jul 2020, 21:18

Lloydiboy wrote:
17 Jul 2020, 06:41
LikkleMel wrote:
GraceMellody wrote:
Gotta love SD cards 8D

Do you share your switch Mel? Is the issue that you get a message saying "checking if the software can be played"

If so you might need to make sure the switch Ch is set as your primary console. My partner was having problems with her's, and when we went to check we found that her account had been accessed from Italy and Bulgaria. But because Nintendo support is crap we are struggling to get her account authorised on her actual switch as her primary console.

Possible. I'll have a look through it now :)

Buta
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Buta » 22 Jul 2020, 21:22

That's good thinking considering I'm pretty sure there was a security breach a while ago. Make sure to set up two step verification. Need that on everything these days it seems.

I'm pretty new on the Switch scene. I have Animal Crossing New Horizons, Mario Kart 8, and Dead By Daylight. All pretty enjoyable.

I ditto the Tetris 99 suggestion. It is very fun.
ImageImageImage
~ Chaosymphonia's Adopted Big Sister ~