Is Lore a total bore?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Re: Is Lore a total bore?

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 30 Jun 2019, 18:24

Naughty Kitty wrote:I was just responding to the original question of the thread "Is Lore a total bore" When saying "no it's not" Tanya. Look don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with games that are purely multiplayer and for that matter there are some game franchises that have put out some amazing campaign story lines. For that matter I grew up playing some of the games that made multi-player what it is today, Halo, Gears Of War, GTA, etc. I just like a good story as well.

I like how GTA is mentioned as a multiplayer classic even though only the latest installment has a multiplayer element. Goes to show what an impact that title had for the GTA franchise
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 02 Jul 2019, 13:05

Naughty Kitty wrote:Well GTA Four had multi-player. I remember doing a bit of it, and they had co-op missions you could do seperate from the main campaign as a group of random thieves. There was also a free roam mold which I enjoyed quite a bit, you could just hang out with your friends or new people in the city and do whatever you felt like doing, start fights, go do stunts at the airport, fly the helicopters, and of course steal cars. Lot of fun and silly memories. :)

I completely forgot IV had a multiplayer, I only played it solo lol
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 09 Jul 2019, 23:38

Nishizono Shinji wrote:A point was made in another thread regarding lore within video games so i thought i'd pose the question.

What are your opinions on reading through the lore of a videogame, do you like to read everything or are you the type to skip it all and get on with the gameplay?

Personally i enjoy reading through all the lore within a game i possibly can, it helps me fully immerse myself into the world in which the game is set. In particular the Elder Scrolls games, the Mass Effect and Dragon Age games have extensive lore material and I find great pleasure in taking my time and reading through as much as possible.

Personally I think it depends on the TYPE of game.

Some games the lore seems somewhat forced and irrelevant, some games it's nice to learn and speculate the lore throughout the game, and others you kind of need to learn some before you start playing.

I think the games that do HAVE lore, but it's not necessary to enjoy the game, are probably the best, because I know a lot of people don't enjoy it that much
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 25 Feb 2020, 20:40

started playing Witcher 3 kinda wish I played through Witcher 2 properly as I'm clueless about so much of the lore and not everything is explained very well.

Buta
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Buta » 14 Mar 2020, 18:08

If I care about the game, I appreciate knowing the lore. Lore can make break a character's brand in a lot of cases I think. I also enjoy the existence of multiple versions. Canon isn't always best but it's definitely appreciated.

Dead by Daylight has inspired me to go watch anything related to the killers. :3
ImageImageImage
~ Chaosymphonia's Adopted Big Sister ~