Backseat Gamer.

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Re: Backseat Gamer.

Post by toshioa » 06 Jun 2019, 08:54

Kairi wrote:Only way to be lol No point dancing around what you mean.

I can definitely respect that! :D Out of curiosity though, are you referring just to stream back seaters or IRL too? :)

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 06 Jun 2019, 17:45

toshioa wrote:I can definitely respect that! :D Out of curiosity though, are you referring just to stream back seaters or IRL too? :)

I think it refers to both. I personally am not to bothered by backseat gamers I have a pretty good ability to tune people out lol
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 10 Jun 2019, 12:09

Nishizono Shinji wrote:I think it refers to both. I personally am not to bothered by backseat gamers I have a pretty good ability to tune people out lol

Yeah I usually just ignore them too :lol: I find it winds them up even more ;)

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kairi » 11 Jun 2019, 12:44

Yeah the backseat gamer we had in stream got pissed off beyond belief when we didn't follow his instructions, had to tell him to chill out.

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 11 Jun 2019, 13:31

Kairi wrote:Yeah the backseat gamer we had in stream got pissed off beyond belief when we didn't follow his instructions, had to tell him to chill out.

Standard!! Haha. Nicely played though :D They need to learn it isn't their stream or even their experience as such!

Rysiu

Achievements

Post by Rysiu » 12 Jun 2019, 08:46

Tho sometimes streamers are clueless to the point of disbelief and backseat gamers have the very right to get pissed of if you play the game not the way it was intended to be played. It's like when Asmongold started to play things outside of WoW. And I found it amusing that he actually completed Dark Souls but was unable to beat the first contract in The Witcher because "Oh that's lore, skip it" and a few moments later was like "why the fuck I can't hit that thing?!" (Devil by the Well quest) where all the info needed was actually in the monster's lore, he also didn't pay any attention to the dialogue even when not skipping it and failing miserably. So sometimes backseat gamers are there for you. Sometimes its purely annoying to see a toth streaming and they get lit. On the other hand there're also these ones that want you to play exactly the same path they did and they shall be banished from the plane of existence.

Basically Deleted
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Basically Deleted » 13 Jun 2019, 02:35

Rysiu wrote:Tho sometimes streamers are clueless to the point of disbelief and backseat gamers have the very right to get pissed of if you play the game not the way it was intended to be played. It's like when Asmongold started to play things outside of WoW. And I found it amusing that he actually completed Dark Souls but was unable to beat the first contract in The Witcher because "Oh that's lore, skip it" and a few moments later was like "why the fuck I can't hit that thing?!" (Devil by the Well quest) where all the info needed was actually in the monster's lore, he also didn't pay any attention to the dialogue even when not skipping it and failing miserably. So sometimes backseat gamers are there for you. Sometimes its purely annoying to see a toth streaming and they get lit. On the other hand there're also these ones that want you to play exactly the same path they did and they shall be banished from the plane of existence.

I disagree with this 100% Viewers have ZERO right to get pissed at a Streamer.
People are entitled to play a game however they want to. Viewers are meant to support the Streamer and only provide assistance if the Streamer asks for it. If you don't like they way a Streamer is playing the game, then don't watch them. It's as simple as that.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Come roleplay with us in Tempest~

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 13 Jun 2019, 02:42

Usagi wrote:I disagree with this 100% Viewers have ZERO right to get pissed at a Streamer.
People are entitled to play a game however they want to. Viewers are meant to support the Streamer and only provide assistance if the Streamer asks for it. If you don't like they way a Streamer is playing the game, then don't watch them. It's as simple as that.

Agreed. If someone's messing up and not asking for help and you're getting angry, probably not the type of channel for you, honestly. If someone's messing up, and you're giggling along with them or whatever, great!

Also there are hundreds of ways to play some games. The speedrunning community alone is evidence of that. Just look at glitchless runs, glitched runs, and even tool-assisted runs. Games are a "you do you" sort of thing. If someone doesn't want to read the quest text, that's their call. Doesn't make it right or wrong. Besides, Asmongold is kind of set up to ignore lore anyways from a long history of WoW, where the lore is mostly junk aside from what happens in raids that actually moves the story along. It might be interesting the first time, but by the time the 3rd character you're rolling comes around, you start to just get things like the auto quest turn-in/accepts. Just another way to play the game.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 13 Jun 2019, 02:47

Totally agree can't stand backseat talkers.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 14 Jun 2019, 10:59

Usagi wrote:I disagree with this 100% Viewers have ZERO right to get pissed at a Streamer.

gotta agree with Usagi here, unless a streamer asks for help best to stay quiet or leave the stream.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 17 Jun 2019, 11:05

I think this pretty much sums up the debate in a single post :) Viewers are entitled to give their opinions but not at the jeopardy of some one elses playing experience.

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kairi » 18 Jun 2019, 09:24

Rysiu wrote:Tho sometimes streamers are clueless to the point of disbelief and backseat gamers have the very right to get pissed of if you play the game not the way it was intended to be played. It's like when Asmongold started to play things outside of WoW. And I found it amusing that he actually completed Dark Souls but was unable to beat the first contract in The Witcher because "Oh that's lore, skip it" and a few moments later was like "why the fuck I can't hit that thing?!" (Devil by the Well quest) where all the info needed was actually in the monster's lore, he also didn't pay any attention to the dialogue even when not skipping it and failing miserably. So sometimes backseat gamers are there for you. Sometimes its purely annoying to see a toth streaming and they get lit. On the other hand there're also these ones that want you to play exactly the same path they did and they shall be banished from the plane of existence.

Ok, i can't agree with you.

Games are intended to be played, however the gamer sees fit to play it. Everyone has there own methods and styles or even just want to mess around on a game. I don't believe in being herded along in a set way to do things because it's the "norm".... If a person wants to skip important info and flop around confused until they figure it out themselves, then so be it. The backseat gamers can just turn off the stream if they don't like it. The whole point of watching a gaming youtuber/ streamer is to see how THEY approach the game and play it... if you want to sit and scream "No you need to do this!"....then just bloody play the game yourself.

That is my personal opinion on it... it's simple... if you want to watch people doing exactly how you'd do it and how you want it to be done, record yourself playing it and watch the playback.

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 18 Jun 2019, 10:55

Kairi wrote:Ok, i can't agree with you.

Games are intended to be played, however the gamer sees fit to play it. Everyone has there own methods and styles or even just want to mess around on a game. I don't believe in being herded along in a set way to do things because it's the "norm".... If a person wants to skip important info and flop around confused until they figure it out themselves, then so be it. The backseat gamers can just turn off the stream if they don't like it. The whole point of watching a gaming youtuber/ streamer is to see how THEY approach the game and play it... if you want to sit and scream "No you need to do this!"....then just bloody play the game yourself.

That is my personal opinion on it... it's simple... if you want to watch people doing exactly how you'd do it and how you want it to be done, record yourself playing it and watch the playback.

this echoes my feelings exactly, well said.

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kairi » 19 Jun 2019, 19:24

Nishizono Shinji wrote:this echoes my feelings exactly, well said.

Only way to put it and as nice as i can possibly be.

Purplegems3
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Backseat Gamer.

Post by Purplegems3 » 01 Jul 2020, 14:12

Kairi wrote:
28 May 2019, 10:19
do you backseat game at times or what are your thoughts?

I only do it when I'm with watching friends streams. Watching someone play a game, remarking on every move just isn't me otherwise