Kingdom Hearts III

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Cruise
Australia

Achievements

Re: Kingdom Hearts III

Post by Cruise » 25 May 2019, 10:53

Avios Estaria wrote:Well without giving too much away prepare to be disappointed with Kairi's development. When introduced she's just an innocent that appears to have been caught up in the Destiny Islands falling to darkness, while also being a love interest for Sora and it's only near the end of KH1 that she's revealed to be a PoH. In KH2 she get kidnapped again to be used as motivation for Sora to go against the Organization, nothing to do with being a PoH. And eventually she gets given more relevance by being able to use a Keyblade. I'll leave out what happens in KH3 for you to find out.

With Xion we have the journey of finding out the truth about her while playing Days and her struggle with coming to terms with it.

Naminé while she has the power to manipulate memories, when we're first introduced to her she has to follow orders of the Organization and is forced to use them on Sora even if she does have her own reason for doing so. And she's remorseful about about doing so as well.

Aqua, while becoming a Keyblade master as soon as we're introduced to her is forced into spying on one of her best friends while also having to look for her other friend. The result of which means that she's left questioning whether or not she's doing the right thing and ends up getting her trapped in the Realm of Darkness.

Just quick summaries based on my experiences of the games, but the journies of Aqua, Naminé and Xion and their personalities just have more depth to them in my opinion. Not that Kairi isn't a good character just that to me she isn't as interesting and everyone has their own opinions on them which makes for good discussions.

I see where you're coming from. I think I'm just a sucker for the original KH characters and story it was my favorite.