Kingdom Hearts III

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Cruise
Australia

Achievements

Kingdom Hearts III

Post by Cruise » 22 May 2019, 10:19

Hey. I saw the other topic and read it - it was kind of about a lawsuit though and not KH III. And sorry if someone already posted a KH3 topic and its on page 2 or something! But I was just wondering if anyone picked this game up?? And if it's good? I played KH I and II and loved them but was really unsure if I would like this version because of the worlds. They are all very childish for my tastes. I'm not a fan of new Disney. Sooo if anyone has a review let me know how you went.

Cheers.

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Re: Kingdom Hearts III

Post by Kairi » 22 May 2019, 10:22

Cruise wrote:Hey. I saw the other topic and read it - it was kind of about a lawsuit though and not KH III. And sorry if someone already posted a KH3 topic and its on page 2 or something! But I was just wondering if anyone picked this game up?? And if it's good? I played KH I and II and loved them but was really unsure if I would like this version because of the worlds. They are all very childish for my tastes. I'm not a fan of new Disney. Sooo if anyone has a review let me know how you went.

Cheers.

Personally i haven't played it yet, though my friends who have played the new kingdom hearts have enjoyed it a lot.

Planning to get it at some point. If i do get it before you, i will do a review on here for it.

Cruise
Australia

Achievements

Post by Cruise » 22 May 2019, 10:29

Kairi wrote:Personally i haven't played it yet, though my friends who have played the new kingdom hearts have enjoyed it a lot.

Planning to get it at some point. If i do get it before you, i will do a review on here for it.

Yeah awesome. Sora is so cool. And Kairi is my favorite Disney princess ha.

UnmeiNoTenshi
Standard Member
Wales

Achievements

Post by UnmeiNoTenshi » 22 May 2019, 10:33

I've played it and now waiting for the DLC they've announced to be released (sometime later this year).

Personally I enjoyed it for what it is despite the problems it has. Quite a few people have issues with the story pacing and stuff. Would do into more detail but that would involve spoilers.

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kairi » 22 May 2019, 11:23

[mention=113953]Cruise[/mention] Everyone seems to love Kairi XD Which means people commonly think my name on here is because of KH and in real life... but it's my actual name.

[mention=20620]Avios Estaria[/mention] Oh maybe you could write a review if you wanted, just spoiler box any spoilers.

InflamoraNotoris
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by InflamoraNotoris » 22 May 2019, 12:37

Well, they recently updated to add critical mode and you can buy the pre-order keyblades form the store.
I am hoping they come out with the DLC soon! It sounds like it will be a load of fun

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kairi » 22 May 2019, 14:33

I shall play the game, one day. *shakes fist*

Cruise
Australia

Achievements

Post by Cruise » 23 May 2019, 01:28

Kairi wrote:[mention=113953]Cruise[/mention] Everyone seems to love Kairi XD Which means people commonly think my name on here is because of KH and in real life... but it's my actual name.

[mention=20620]Avios Estaria[/mention] Oh maybe you could write a review if you wanted, just spoiler box any spoilers.

I'm guilty of thinking you were named after KH :P

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kairi » 23 May 2019, 02:54

Cruise wrote:I'm guilty of thinking you were named after KH :P

XD Most people do, unless they have never heard of KH haha

Luffynatsu87
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Luffynatsu87 » 23 May 2019, 02:58

Do be honest i never throught anything of KH that much but have you found Sora yet

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kairi » 23 May 2019, 11:26

Luffynatsu87 wrote:Do be honest i never throught anything of KH that much but have you found Sora yet

I haven't found Sora yet XD

UnmeiNoTenshi
Standard Member
Wales

Achievements

Post by UnmeiNoTenshi » 23 May 2019, 11:31

Personally I prefer Naminé, Xion and Aqua over Kairi.

They have more interesting stories than just 'gets kidnapped, gets rescued, repeat'

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kairi » 23 May 2019, 11:32

Avios Estaria wrote:Personally I prefer Naminé, Xion and Aqua over Kairi.

They have more interesting stories than just 'gets kidnapped, gets rescued, repeat'

Completely agree... Kairi has a kind of damsel in distress vibe.

Cruise
Australia

Achievements

Post by Cruise » 24 May 2019, 13:05

Avios Estaria wrote:Personally I prefer Naminé, Xion and Aqua over Kairi.

Kairi is a very deep character. I find her unique. I think that she is widely underlooked and even underrated. When the characters you listed were introduced they all had power roles while Kairi was introduced as an innocent, relatable, individual. Namine has a sense of untouchability and can control memories while Xion and Aqua both have Keyblades. Xion is also introduced as a member of Organization and Aqua a member of the master trio. I feel like these three characters are simply in better positions than Kairi overall. Remembering she was only 14 or 15 during KH1 and that she is a Princess of Heart it actually makes sense for her character to get kidnapped repeatedly as that's the underlying theme of all Princesses of Heart. If a truly evil character couldn't kidnap a 15-year-old girl you would probably dislike them for being incompetent especially with the complexity of KH villains. She highlights other characters well while standing out on her own as a love interest with the main character. As an original character, I like her in both Final Fantasy worlds and Disney worlds and can see her accurately in both working well. So idk man I like her a lot I think she cool.

UnmeiNoTenshi
Standard Member
Wales

Achievements

Post by UnmeiNoTenshi » 24 May 2019, 14:28

Well without giving too much away prepare to be disappointed with Kairi's development. When introduced she's just an innocent that appears to have been caught up in the Destiny Islands falling to darkness, while also being a love interest for Sora and it's only near the end of KH1 that she's revealed to be a PoH. In KH2 she get kidnapped again to be used as motivation for Sora to go against the Organization, nothing to do with being a PoH. And eventually she gets given more relevance by being able to use a Keyblade. I'll leave out what happens in KH3 for you to find out.

With Xion we have the journey of finding out the truth about her while playing Days and her struggle with coming to terms with it.

Naminé while she has the power to manipulate memories, when we're first introduced to her she has to follow orders of the Organization and is forced to use them on Sora even if she does have her own reason for doing so. And she's remorseful about about doing so as well.

Aqua, while becoming a Keyblade master as soon as we're introduced to her is forced into spying on one of her best friends while also having to look for her other friend. The result of which means that she's left questioning whether or not she's doing the right thing and ends up getting her trapped in the Realm of Darkness.

Just quick summaries based on my experiences of the games, but the journies of Aqua, Naminé and Xion and their personalities just have more depth to them in my opinion. Not that Kairi isn't a good character just that to me she isn't as interesting and everyone has their own opinions on them which makes for good discussions.