Are you a Hardcore Gamer or a Casual Gamer?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Meep Meep
Great Britain

Re: Are you a Hardcore Gamer or a Casual Gamer?

Post by Meep Meep » 06 Aug 2019, 16:27

Me personally I'm a casual game as dont have the time to be hardcore due to work taking me from my PC in general.

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 11 Aug 2019, 01:28

Meep Meep wrote:Me personally I'm a casual game as dont have the time to be hardcore due to work taking me from my PC in general.

as much as I'm in the same boat and dont have the time to game like I used to i'd still say I'm hardcore due to the amount of thought and effort I put in when I do play games. I'm forever watching streams and youtube channels trying to learn new strategies and builds even when im not actually playing.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 11 Aug 2019, 18:28

Yeah I became more casual solely because of work :(
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

redsunner
Great Britain

Post by redsunner » 12 Aug 2019, 13:13

I am casual gamer, you know. Video games is my favorite way to relax and fight with stress. I like to play LOl and CsGo.

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 17 Aug 2019, 22:39

I'd.say I'm a casual, as I get back on Vg after Day q of NSw with BOTW (which still about at 40%). with over 170 hour of ingame time player. Next is Octopath Traveler, folow of SMOdissey.

I got over 20 games, for switch… but few untouched. TT_TT (cry!)
befor the Nsw, I'd 3DS also since Day 1, and manny RPG's but none finished yet. (not even at 50% I beg̷)

so, I waiting for me to get off job, and enjoy my retirement being a happiest 67yo (being a retro hardcore gamer) hehehehehehe
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 20 Aug 2019, 11:38

NoOwO wrote:I'm a hardcore gamer if that's about turn-based strategies. Age of Wonders, XCOM, Xenonauts - I've beaten these so many times.

Nothing wrong with that! :XD: If I could make a career out of gaming I DEFINITELY would :lol:

Inspi
Great Britain

Post by Inspi » 22 Aug 2019, 01:26

I'm more of a hardcore gamer, I play to win games, increasing my skill potential to fight better opponents.
Ever wonder how distant you can go to achieve something you desire? Until your dream becomes a reality,you will never understand.

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 27 Aug 2019, 11:33

Inspi wrote:I'm more of a hardcore gamer, I play to win games, increasing my skill potential to fight better opponents.

What kind of games do you play the most? :)

Djasmin
Great Britain

Post by Djasmin » 19 Sep 2019, 07:54

I feel like I fit into both categories. 'Hardcore Gamers' can be sure a notoriously toxic demographic, so I don't identify with them. I like hardcore and casual games!

I find it difficult to be competitive; I almost prefer not to win because I feel so bad for everyone who doesn't win, you know?

kolindreamer
Great Britain

Post by kolindreamer » 23 Sep 2019, 10:27

I played couple of times 10 matches of Dota per day (to calculate my new rank), I regret nothing!

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 01 Oct 2019, 09:03

I wanna be hardcore again.... but I don't have the time at the moment :lol:

Endynyp
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Endynyp » 04 Oct 2019, 08:10

kolindreamer wrote:I played couple of times 10 matches of Dota per day (to calculate my new rank), I regret nothing!

Lololololol
“There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable.” – Yuuko Ichihara, xxxHolic

Sdbillustrations
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Sdbillustrations » 11 Oct 2019, 09:39

I'm a casual-core gamer!

We need a middle term inbetween Hardcore gamer and casual gamer so I'm coining it.

I'm not a casual gamer as I play lots of games and pretty much complete every game I play nowadays (I used to be awful at finishing games when I was younger) but at the same time I never ever 100% games and I usually just play it for the story.

I'm definitely in the middle.

vendetta041990
Standard Member

Post by vendetta041990 » 14 Oct 2019, 12:19

not sure if hardcore or not because I recently stopped playing video games today. mostly because of work.

Endynyp
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Endynyp » 17 Oct 2019, 09:14

Sdbillustrations wrote:I'm a casual-core gamer!

We need a middle term inbetween Hardcore gamer and casual gamer so I'm coining it.

I'm not a casual gamer as I play lots of games and pretty much complete every game I play nowadays (I used to be awful at finishing games when I was younger) but at the same time I never ever 100% games and I usually just play it for the story.

I'm definitely in the middle.

I like this a lot! I'm officially casual-core too
“There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable.” – Yuuko Ichihara, xxxHolic