Microsoft Surface Pro 3!?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Re: Microsoft Surface Pro 3!?

Post by Kairi » 21 May 2019, 12:57

Personally for what you are needing the tablet for, that seems like a good fit. Though that is just my personal opinion.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Re: Microsoft Surface Pro 3!?

Post by lolin » 21 May 2019, 17:26

The Surface Pros are expensive, but from what I've seen of the previous entries into that family, they've been pretty reliable and sturdy. I haven't looked at tablet markets in a long while so I don't know what kind of a price you'd be looking at for a Surface Pro 3, but since it's an older model you could probably get some kind of discount, at least. I've mostly heard issues with the Surface Book line, but I believe the Pro 3 is pretty reliable, or at least should be.

It'll stream just fine, and internet browse like a champ as well provided you don't get any wonky, malfunctioning parts, but that's fairly rare at this point considering the Pro 3's likely been through several revisions to fix issues. Even if you had the money for it, I'd likely advise you not to jump on the latest version of the Surface Pro until they iron out the kinks, but like I said it's been a while since I've been in the market. I heavily debated getting a Surface Pro for myself too and it was my favorite among all my options as well, but I mainly use mine to draw so I opted for an iPad for the Apple Pencil and Procreate instead. Streaming and internet browsing should be just fine for a Surface Pro.

And after a quick Google search, it appears they DID fix the main problesm with Pro 3 had at launch, which is cool. Like most companies that make tablets, Microsoft isn't great at the very beginning of the product launch, but they at least iron things out generally after a bit of time.

Purplegems3
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Microsoft Surface Pro 3!?

Post by Purplegems3 » 29 Jun 2020, 11:07

I agree with @Lolin on that they're pretty expensive but they do seem pretty good to use though