Solo or Mutiplayer?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Solo or Mutiplayer?

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 16 May 2019, 17:12

Do you prefer playing solo or multiplayer games?

Generally speaking im more of a solo gamer but there are a few exceptions, for example some of my favourite games like Diablo, Warframe and Gears of War are much better played with friends. However I mostly enjoy playing solo RPGs like Mass Effect, Final Fantasy and Elder Scrolls and games like Dead Space and Assassins Creed.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Re: Solo or Mutiplayer?

Post by PharaohAtem » 16 May 2019, 17:33

I'd say I'm a little of both. I play Final Fantasy Stormblood (waiting on the next one) and Assasins Creed oh and StarWars.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

MakiChan
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Post by MakiChan » 16 May 2019, 17:52

It all depends on the game really as I like both soloing and playing with people
"If they should take me
Then may they break me
Kill me
Burn me
But I'll stay torched into the heart"
The Phalanx - Trivium

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kairi » 16 May 2019, 20:45

For me, i love and prefer solo over multiplayer... i do enjoy playing co op with friends a bit of versus, but my go to is a good solo campaign.

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 16 May 2019, 20:53

Kairi wrote:For me, i love and prefer solo over multiplayer... i do enjoy playing co op with friends a bit of versus, but my go to is a good solo campaign.

I hear ya, i'm that weirdo who plays CoD for the campaign lol
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 17 May 2019, 00:05

Solo all the way

RPGs and boardgames are better with friends than any video game.
本好きの下剋上

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 17 May 2019, 00:06

I generally prefer solo, though if it were with someone I knew, I'd play multiplayer. Okay, maybe generally isn't the word. Maybe it's more akin to "almost always" prefer. >.> I play WoW for the pet battles, mount collecting, and other solo stuff. Haven't done a dungeon in like two years, lol.

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kairi » 17 May 2019, 07:16

[mention=113825]Nishizono Shinji[/mention] not weird, i play cod games for zombies and veteran campaign/realistic campaign.

[mention=881]lolin[/mention] I wen't on a craze of catching one of each pet in each area of each zone on wow XD Love getting new mounts.

[mention=1132]Starweave[/mention] I will agree with that, nothing quite like sitting round a table with friends, snacks and drinks and a bunch of boardgames.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 17 May 2019, 14:32

[mention=30109]Kairi[/mention]

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kairi » 17 May 2019, 15:54

lolin wrote:[mention=30109]Kairi[/mention]

ALL THE PETS! some of them are just so adorable.... i mainly have a team consisting of zandalari anklerenders. They are adorable as anything.

lloydiboy
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lloydiboy » 17 May 2019, 16:01

I much prefer soloing to multiplayer, to the extent that despite playing FFXIV; ESO and GW2, I do as much as possible on my own.
Come sing along with me

3DS Friend Code: 4983-6223-5296
Switch Nintendo Network ID: Lloydiboy
SW 7675-3547-3883

PM me to add me and I will add you back :)

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 17 May 2019, 16:02

Kairi wrote:ALL THE PETS! some of them are just so adorable.... i mainly have a team consisting of zandalari anklerenders. They are adorable as anything.

I have many, many teams. I have the addons Rematch and tdScript which let me save teams for pet battle masters and load them on the fly. tdScript lets me write a script for the battle so alls I gotta do is mash one button and it auto-battles for me. /lazy

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kairi » 17 May 2019, 16:03

lolin wrote:I have many, many teams. I have the addons Rematch and tdScript which let me save teams for pet battle masters and load them on the fly. tdScript lets me write a script for the battle so alls I gotta do is mash one button and it auto-battles for me. /lazy

Not lazy.. smart XD

Kuro
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Kuro » 18 May 2019, 08:11

I think it depends on the game, really. I usually play a mix of both, though I've mainly played multiplayer/online games recently. Lots of WoW and AoE2 as of late.

And on the topic of WoW (since others mentioned it), collecting vanity pets and mounts is fun but I've never truly been invested in collecting them. Not on the scale of the Stranglethorn raptor questline, at least. Gimme my baby back, you stupid troll! T_T

Thankfully Blizzard lets you reunite with your raptor if you run Zul'Gurub, and she's been one of my favorite companion pets ever since. Just wish they let you put apostrophes in pet names so I can name my raptor <MyCharacterName>'aka like the quest text says.

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kairi » 19 May 2019, 11:04

Kuro wrote:I think it depends on the game, really. I usually play a mix of both, though I've mainly played multiplayer/online games recently. Lots of WoW and AoE2 as of late.

And on the topic of WoW (since others mentioned it), collecting vanity pets and mounts is fun but I've never truly been invested in collecting them. Not on the scale of the Stranglethorn raptor questline, at least. Gimme my baby back, you stupid troll! T_T

Thankfully Blizzard lets you reunite with your raptor if you run Zul'Gurub, and she's been one of my favorite companion pets ever since. Just wish they let you put apostrophes in pet names so I can name my raptor <MyCharacterName>'aka like the quest text says.

I am missing WoW at the moment, don't that the money for my subscription has a i have a lot going on, but i plan to get back into it and lose myself XD

But yes... stupid trolls!