Solo or Mutiplayer?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

lloydiboy
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Re: Solo or Mutiplayer?

Post by lloydiboy » 24 May 2019, 05:00

toshioa wrote:Sounds worthy of giving it a try if nothing else! :) Does it have any unique or defining features over other MMOs? :)

I wouldn't say there is anything specific that it has which is unique, although one thing it does have (which I like, others may not) is a lack of drive into the story. Areas are accessible at all times and levels (except cyrodil which opens at lvl10). And the story for the guilds ,the factions, the zone you are in or even the main game are actually not really forced upon you if you choose to ignore them. I'm also a fan of the console layout of the controls which can be used on pc if you prefer to use a gamepad
Come sing along with me

3DS Friend Code: 4983-6223-5296
Switch Nintendo Network ID: Lloydiboy
SW 7675-3547-3883

PM me to add me and I will add you back :)

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 24 May 2019, 10:00

Lloydiboy wrote:I wouldn't say there is anything specific that it has which is unique, although one thing it does have (which I like, others may not) is a lack of drive into the story. Areas are accessible at all times and levels (except cytosol which opens at lvl10). And the story for the guilds ,the factions, the zone you are in or even the main game are actually not really forced upon you if you choose to ignore them. I'm also a fan of the console layout of the controls which can be used on pc if you prefer to use a gamepad

The use of a gamepad sounds interesting, for sure! :) I don't think I've ever used a controller on an MMO before so that would be quite a unique experience indeed. So it's very 'open-worldy' as we've come to expect from the series? That's could be both a positive and a negative; I'm downloading it as we speak :)

lloydiboy
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lloydiboy » 25 May 2019, 07:26

Awesome hope you enjoy getting back into it!
Come sing along with me

SW 7675-3547-3883

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 28 May 2019, 08:47

So I played a couple hours of ESO over the weekend and it's not bad at all :) Quite an enjoyable and pleasant experience! Going to put some more hours in to it over the coming weeks but yeah, so far, so good :D

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 28 May 2019, 08:49

toshioa wrote:So I played a couple hours of ESO over the weekend and it's not bad at all :) Quite an enjoyable and pleasant experience! Going to put some more hours in to it over the coming weeks but yeah, so far, so good :D

cool, i'll have to give it a go then.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kairi » 28 May 2019, 10:02

I played way to much ESO when it first came out, loved it though.

lloydiboy
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lloydiboy » 28 May 2019, 22:25

toshioa wrote:So I played a couple hours of ESO over the weekend and it's not bad at all :) Quite an enjoyable and pleasant experience! Going to put some more hours in to it over the coming weeks but yeah, so far, so good :D

Great to hear! I'm adventuring over in Stormhaven, come say hi and we can slay some daedra together!
Come sing along with me

SW 7675-3547-3883

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 28 May 2019, 23:24

Lloydiboy wrote:Great to hear! I'm adventuring over in Stormhaven, come say hi and we can slay some daedra together!

what are the maps like? is it one big area like previous Elder Scrolls games or can you travel between Morrowind and Daggerfall for example?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

lloydiboy
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lloydiboy » 29 May 2019, 07:11

Basically each area is a bit like a mini Skyrim, about the size (maybe a little smaller) of vvardenfell in the dragonborn expansion for Skyrim. I think. I've not run across each area myself, but It took about 15 minutes to go from a port on one side of a map to the exit for the adjoining area on the other on horseback. Each area has a load of side quests and stuff to do in it (delves vistas skyshard locations and trials/dungeons) as well as an area story that ties in a little to each faction story which is separate from the main campaign. There are also starter areas for each faction that are really tiny but serve as an intro into what each area contains (ie an area story, side quests for locations visited in the area, and so on)
Come sing along with me

SW 7675-3547-3883

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 30 May 2019, 07:48

Lloydiboy wrote:Basically each area is a bit like a mini Skyrim, about the size (maybe a little smaller) of vvardenfell in the dragonborn expansion for Skyrim. I think. I've not run across each area myself, but It took about 15 minutes to go from a port on one side of a map to the exit for the adjoining area on the other on horseback. Each area has a load of side quests and stuff to do in it (delves vistas skyshard locations and trials/dungeons) as well as an area story that ties in a little to each faction story which is separate from the main campaign. There are also starter areas for each faction that are really tiny but serve as an intro into what each area contains (ie an area story, side quests for locations visited in the area, and so on)

this sounds really good actually i'll definitely give ESO a chance :)

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 06 Jun 2019, 17:57

what are peoples favourite multiplayer games?

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 07 Jun 2019, 18:43

THe old Mario games are good as multiplayer.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Kujou
Standard Member
Philippines

Achievements

Post by Kujou » 08 Jun 2019, 09:21

to me its neither
but sometimes im in too single player cuz of the story of the game

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 09 Jun 2019, 14:03

Personally I prefer solo so I can play at weird hours :P
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Purplegems3
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Purplegems3 » 09 Jun 2019, 18:00

I prefer playing solo but I do enjoy looking pacm at screenshots of me & my friends playing multiplayer games