What games do you not like/hate?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Biggkenny » 16 Jul 2020, 13:48

Afelai wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 11:22
I didn't like WoW at first as it seemed too difficult for me but then I got used to its gameplay and mechanics and now it is quite normal for me to play it 2-3 times a week with friends :)

I used to love WoW but now it's just world quest simulator with extra RNG in it.

I guess I don't like games that feel grindy for the sake of being grindy, and the grind isn't really a challenge. I don't like most mobile games as they embody this principle.

For some reason I've never managed to make myself play terraria but I think this is just because of the art style.

~Biggkenny~

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 17 Jul 2020, 03:00

Biggkenny wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 13:48
Afelai wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 11:22
I didn't like WoW at first as it seemed too difficult for me but then I got used to its gameplay and mechanics and now it is quite normal for me to play it 2-3 times a week with friends :)

I used to love WoW but now it's just world quest simulator with extra RNG in it.

I guess I don't like games that feel grindy for the sake of being grindy, and the grind isn't really a challenge. I don't like most mobile games as they embody this principle.

For some reason I've never managed to make myself play terraria but I think this is just because of the art style.
Did you go off WoW because of changes over the years, or was it just a case of you got through anything challenging?
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Biggkenny » 18 Jul 2020, 07:36

GraceMellody wrote:
17 Jul 2020, 03:00
Did you go off WoW because of changes over the years, or was it just a case of you got through anything challenging?

The game changed for the worst. The game (at max level) is just meaningless grinding of world quests, and I hate world quests as the optimal way to play is to play at least a bit every day. They removed the RNG chance for equipment to be better and added an even more RNG system that also completely broke balanace (see montages of tanks literally 1 shotting people without even hitting them). The classes just dont really feel fun to play anymore and theres no real community feeling. I went and played some classic and it's a completely different game for the most part where people will actually group up and bond. Classic isn't that great but it just shows how far the game has gone.

~Biggkenny~

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 18 Jul 2020, 21:34

Biggkenny wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 07:36
GraceMellody wrote:
17 Jul 2020, 03:00

The game changed for the worst. The game (at max level) is just meaningless grinding of world quests, and I hate world quests as the optimal way to play is to play at least a bit every day. They removed the RNG chance for equipment to be better and added an even more RNG system that also completely broke balanace (see montages of tanks literally 1 shotting people without even hitting them). The classes just dont really feel fun to play anymore and theres no real community feeling. I went and played some classic and it's a completely different game for the most part where people will actually group up and bond. Classic isn't that great but it just shows how far the game has gone.
I see, i've never personally played it but I have seen a lot of people stop over the years, interesting hearing some reasons why. Sounds rather tragic, honestly.
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 18 Jul 2020, 23:32

WoW classic is bad

real fukkin bad

you can't go back

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 19 Jul 2020, 12:22

Most games where it costs a load to buy the game AND has microtransactions. EA sports is a huge culprit in my book so yeah... Not a fan. Other than that I don't think that I have really come across a game thats so bad I rage quit and stopped playing. Other than UFC... Did I mention that I don't like EA sports? 😂

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Shounen-Recycled
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Shounen-Recycled » 06 Aug 2020, 17:49

FIFA can do one
ImageCHEESY PASTA....LETS GO

Ttosk
Veteran Member
Canada

Achievements

Post by Ttosk » 14 Aug 2020, 16:29

I can't tans sporta games. My go to games are rpgs.

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 16 Aug 2020, 02:17

After some time playing League on and off (Though more off than on) a few years back. I've come to pretty much dislike MOBAs. Their gameplay is fine, but all the metagame stuff aint for me. As for DOTA that games learning curve is more like a cliff, there's no way I'm ever getting any understanding of that game.

The worst thing about them is probably the community no such thing as playing for fun in League and while I understand that everyone wants to win in any game, no matter if you're playing for fun or tryharding. But it seemed to me that in League you have to take every match 100% seriously as if it was a competetive match. Otherwise people just bitch at you.

Infact I dislike most competetive games. I did enjoy CS:GO a little. But I decided to give it another go the other week and got booted out of a match match when I tried alt tabbing out and my GPU threw a fit and crashed late into the match. Had no option to rejoin. Kind of took that as a sign to not bother playing it again.

Used to love Warframe, but a certain quest mission involving sentients (Octavia's Anthem, LUA) put me off due to their passive ability of blocking 90% of whatever damage type you use against it when it gets to a certain HP %. I've tried that quest mission so many times and that one sentient is always a roadblock because it's passive always ends up leading me to be able to deal next to no damage meaning I cant realistically progress.
Mark my words
They will be gone
You'll see them playing games, my dear
They've moved along
Cause one day in the afterlife
We'll meet again
Prophecies - Blind Guardian

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Biggkenny » 19 Aug 2020, 14:21

Baul wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 02:17
The worst thing about them is probably the community no such thing as playing for fun in League and while I understand that everyone wants to win in any game, no matter if you're playing for fun or tryharding. But it seemed to me that in League you have to take every match 100% seriously as if it was a competetive match. Otherwise people just bitch at you.
Yeah I don't like when people complain for things that aren't inherently obvious, like "omg why didnt you roam down here you could have ganked bot and then we pushed tower and got dragon and then their blue" and you're just having a hard enough time trying to not give your lane opponent a kill/massive CS lead.
Baul wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 02:17
Infact I dislike most competetive games. I did enjoy CS:GO a little. But I decided to give it another go the other week and got booted out of a match match when I tried alt tabbing out and my GPU threw a fit and crashed late into the match. Had no option to rejoin. Kind of took that as a sign to not bother playing it again.
I also dislike it when games have no option to rejoin like Apex Legends used to not have. If one of you DCd then the rest of your team would just have to be a man down for the entire game.

I am curious on something though (no malicious intent here), I've recently seen a lot of people saying "playing for fun" regarding league of legends, but I'm not really sure what they mean by this. Any chance you could elaborate on what you define as that?

~Biggkenny~

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 19 Aug 2020, 16:57

Biggkenny wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 14:21
I also dislike it when games have no option to rejoin like Apex Legends used to not have. If one of you DCd then the rest of your team would just have to be a man down for the entire game.

Nah, the thing is CS:GO allows you to rejoin if you somehow quit the game early. I believe you have a 10 or so minute timer to rejoin. However I didn't get that. Probably due to the fact that my system hard crashed. I didn't seem to get a temporary comp ban either for abandonning the match.

Biggkenny wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 14:21
I am curious on something though (no malicious intent here), I've recently seen a lot of people saying "playing for fun" regarding league of legends, but I'm not really sure what they mean by this. Any chance you could elaborate on what you define as that?

The way I see it playing for fun is pretty much the opposite of how you'd play a game when you're playing it competetively. So you're not playing by following every little detail, following every piece of meta, scruitinising every move the enemy makes and you're not necessarying JUST playing to win and that Wins/Losses don't matter as much.

However it seems that no matter what mode you play everyone (Or at least the overwhelming majority) seems to take the game seriously as if they're playing a crucial comp match. Which often leads to people bitching about all the things you mentioned. But just the really small pedantic shit (For a casual match) like KS, Making small mistakes, not doing X at exactly Y moment. That's what put me off the game. I don't really fancy being pushed to play a casual match as if I'm playing a comp match. I don't fancy people trying to rip into me for making mistakes when I didn't enter the match to play perfectly to begin with. Sure, I'm going to contribute to the game and play it as intended but they shouldn't expect me to try my absolute hardest to win.

I played the game because I enjoyed the gameplay. The competetive system and that urge to be the absolute bet and hit a high rank just wasn't in my interest.
Mark my words
They will be gone
You'll see them playing games, my dear
They've moved along
Cause one day in the afterlife
We'll meet again
Prophecies - Blind Guardian

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Biggkenny » 20 Aug 2020, 14:11

Thanks for that insight. I stopped playing League of Legends solo years ago as it was just too toxic and unfun. I only play draft mode with a premade or ARAM solo now (basically this option). My only issues with how other people play is if they try to intentionally feed or don't have any thought behind their builds (like just stacking attack speed and attack damage on a champion that only scales with AP while playing against an armour heavy team). Most things are OK by me though if they're justified like AP Gangplank because you get big Orange heal which you might find funny.

As of this monday (I think), one of my favourite games (Apex Legends) has now moved into a game that I hate/dislike They broke the entire game balance in a single patch, and changed the fundamentals of the game to be really unfun (whoever shoots first wins now, no chance of outplaying, everyone uses the same 2 guns). Then they added a Legend who in my opinion can only be bad for the game. I don't see them coming back from it and its such a shame as I was having so much fun with this very game less than a week ago. I wish we could just go back to the old patch as I played so much of it (maxed out the battle pass).

~Biggkenny~