Final Fantasy VII Remake - Teaser

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Cruise
Australia

Achievements

Final Fantasy VII Remake - Teaser

Post by Cruise » 12 May 2019, 09:40

Any other big fans out there? In the trailer we see Aerith in HD and she looks pretty awesome. More coming in June!

[video=youtube;Df0YG3qfZ8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df0YG3qfZ8E[/video]

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake - Teaser

Post by Kairi » 12 May 2019, 12:22

Oooo now that is some massive hype.

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 12 May 2019, 12:28

This is a game I put into buy sometime ago, and I still plan on buying it.

Looks like its going to be a great remake.
本好きの下剋上

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 12 May 2019, 13:16

I just came across that I never played it personally but I wouldn't mind since I love the series.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 12 May 2019, 13:44

I don't like the battle system so I might avoid it altogether, honestly.

Citizen
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
United States of America

Post by Citizen » 12 May 2019, 19:50

lolin wrote:I don't like the battle system so I might avoid it altogether, honestly.

Basically this, except I'm definitely not going to bother.

I had minimal interest before we knew it was going to be an ARPG and zero after. SE isn't good at ARPG combat.

Cruise
Australia

Achievements

Post by Cruise » 13 May 2019, 00:29

lolin wrote:I don't like the battle system so I might avoid it altogether, honestly.

I agree with you but I still think I'll try the game out.

Citizen wrote:Basically this, except I'm definitely not going to bother.

I had minimal interest before we knew it was going to be an ARPG and zero after. SE isn't good at ARPG combat.

I agree. I think the world and story has a lot to offer as an ARPG though. I look forward to playing.

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 13 May 2019, 11:25

I'm really looking forward to this game. I had reservations due to it supposedly being episodic rather than being released as a full game from the start, but the graphics look incredible as always and it's one of my favourite games of all time so I will be buying it.
I do remember Square Enix saying that if they remade FFVII it would be one of (if not the actual) last Final Fantasy games they would make because it meant they had run out of ideas for the series, I wonder how true that statement will turn out to be.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 13 May 2019, 20:37

This is definitely on my list to buy on day of release; I'm super pumped for it and the teaser cut scenes looking incredible as does the combat. Really excited to replay a childhood memory in an all new and improved environment :D

Cruise
Australia

Achievements

Post by Cruise » 14 May 2019, 01:31

Nishizono Shinji wrote:I'm really looking forward to this game. I had reservations due to it supposedly being episodic rather than being released as a full game from the start, but the graphics look incredible as always and it's one of my favourite games of all time so I will be buying it.
I do remember Square Enix saying that if they remade FFVII it would be one of (if not the actual) last Final Fantasy games they would make because it meant they had run out of ideas for the series, I wonder how true that statement will turn out to be.

Yeah I'm unhappy with the idea of episodes but I will have to live with it. It's going to be an expensive game. As for the statement who knows I've heard a lot of rumors come from SE saying how they would have to shut down because of money issues and yet they still develop new games every year so. I would be really interested in a FFX-3 if they ever made that.

toshioa wrote:This is definitely on my list to buy on day of release; I'm super pumped for it and the teaser cut scenes looking incredible as does the combat. Really excited to replay a childhood memory in an all new and improved environment :D

Me too.

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 14 May 2019, 11:57

Sadaku wrote:Glad to see some fans are so excited for this ^^

Heck yeah we are :D haha. Looking forward to an official announcement which I am assuming will be E3? :)

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 14 May 2019, 12:33

Cruise wrote:Yeah I'm unhappy with the idea of episodes but I will have to live with it. It's going to be an expensive game. As for the statement who knows I've heard a lot of rumors come from SE saying how they would have to shut down because of money issues and yet they still develop new games every year so. I would be really interested in a FFX-3 if they ever made that.

To quote Jim Sterling, they wouldnt have money issues if they didnt build a new graphics engine every time they released a game lol
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Cruise
Australia

Achievements

Post by Cruise » 14 May 2019, 23:11

Nishizono Shinji wrote:To quote Jim Sterling, they wouldnt have money issues if they didnt build a new graphics engine every time they released a game lol

Ha. So true.

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 15 May 2019, 10:53

I didn't realise there was talk of releasing them episodically! Not going to lie, that does put me off just a little bit. I understand and appreciate the financial reasons for doing so but a game like FF7 and the magnitude of it, it just needs to be released as a complete project. Time will tell I guess...!

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kairi » 15 May 2019, 15:39

Might crack out my playstation and have a nostalgia session on FF :3