How do you all avoid burn out?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Sdbillustrations
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

How do you all avoid burn out?

Post by Sdbillustrations » 07 Mar 2019, 14:42

I'm quite prone to burn out especially with drawing, gaming and anime.

I have a bad habit of binging and doing too much of one thing.

Currently I'm playing Persona 5, I'm over 60 hours and I'm only about halfway through, so I'm worried about burning out before I complete it :pandy:

Do you switch games to avoid burnout? I find with games if I take too long a break I won't be able to get back into it. :haha:

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Re: How do you all avoid burn out?

Post by lolin » 07 Mar 2019, 17:52

i don't and literally just switch gears or get depressed when i burn out on something

i am a bad person

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 07 Mar 2019, 18:54

play a less stressful game
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Sdbillustrations
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Sdbillustrations » 08 Mar 2019, 09:17

omfgzergrush wrote:i don't and literally just switch gears or get depressed when i burn out on something

i am a bad person

that's very much like me as well

not a bad person :)

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 08 Mar 2019, 11:41

I'm not realy good at avoiding burn out, I just play a game right up until I come across something needlessly grindy or repetitive
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

Sdbillustrations
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Sdbillustrations » 08 Mar 2019, 12:03

Kai wrote:I'm not realy good at avoiding burn out, I just play a game right up until I come across something needlessly grindy or repetitive

your me all over XD

its hard to stop when your having so much fun.

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 08 Mar 2019, 13:38

I mostly just drop the game if I get burned out since at that point I'm not having fun anymore. I go back occasionally...

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 08 Mar 2019, 17:23

That's what I've done, I just kind of stop and I might go back once in a while but sometimes the game just loses the appeal.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

H03nn89
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by H03nn89 » 08 Mar 2019, 19:20

I tend to switch to doing something else. I wouldn’t call it burn out, but I think mine is losing patience or my mind wanders. Like with my drawings, if I start making a lot of mistakes I have to leave it...otherwise it’ll get worse.

Sdbillustrations
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Sdbillustrations » 13 Mar 2019, 12:20

H03nn89 wrote:I tend to switch to doing something else. I wouldn’t call it burn out, but I think mine is losing patience or my mind wanders. Like with my drawings, if I start making a lot of mistakes I have to leave it...otherwise it’ll get worse.

Totally relate, especially with drawing. If it keeps going wrong then the best thing to do is to take a break.

I'm over 90 hours into Persona 5 :confuse: I definitely amazed I'm still not tired of this game yet.

H03nn89
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by H03nn89 » 13 Mar 2019, 21:03

agreed. A break is the best thing you can do. Glad I’m not the only one on that

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 19 Mar 2019, 14:10

Kai wrote:I'm not realy good at avoiding burn out, I just play a game right up until I come across something needlessly grindy or repetitive

You say that but you're determined and smashing your way through floor after floor at the moment :lol: As for avoiding burnout, really I don't think there is any set way to do so sadly. If you burn out of a game, stop playing it and return to it another time :) There will be a time again where you go 'Oh...I fancy playing some of that!' Heck, it happened with me and Fatal Bullet :lol:

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 19 Mar 2019, 14:54

toshioa wrote:You say that but you're determined and smashing your way through floor after floor at the moment :lol: As for avoiding burnout, really I don't think there is any set way to do so sadly. If you burn out of a game, stop playing it and return to it another time :) There will be a time again where you go 'Oh...I fancy playing some of that!' Heck, it happened with me and Fatal Bullet :lol:

Yeah, I'm definitely hanging in there. in the end the other night I got to B250F and Lv371. I hope I can keep it up, though the other night, I wanted to push more floors, though with Dual-Wielding, if I want to power up both weapons, I have to clear every floor TWICE, as you only get to power up the sword in your main hand slot, so after clearing a set, I go back to the town centre, get rid of all the trash hogging up my personal inventory, swap my weapons around and re-run the same set, then I go over the next lot, so covering 140 floors in two weeks took me 28 runs! and I went up 116 levels too :P
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 20 Mar 2019, 19:42

H03nn89 wrote:agreed. A break is the best thing you can do. Glad I’m not the only one on that

I second this.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 21 Mar 2019, 09:23

Kai wrote:Yeah, I'm definitely hanging in there. in the end the other night I got to B250F and Lv371. I hope I can keep it up, though the other night, I wanted to push more floors, though with Dual-Wielding, if I want to power up both weapons, I have to clear every floor TWICE, as you only get to power up the sword in your main hand slot, so after clearing a set, I go back to the town centre, get rid of all the trash hogging up my personal inventory, swap my weapons around and re-run the same set, then I go over the next lot, so covering 140 floors in two weeks took me 28 runs! and I went up 116 levels too :P

That, ladies and gentlemen, is true dedication :XD: I just do not have this level of patience and, as last night CLEARLY showed, I definitely struggle with poor game design :lol: