Dead by Daylight

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Gowi
Standard Member
United States of America

Re: Dead by Daylight

Post by Gowi » 22 Mar 2019, 09:23

Honestly, that's a hard question; as a survivor main, I favor killers who are more interesting to outwit. Some of the most challenging killers for me are The Wraith, The Nurse, The Hag, and The Doctor. The straightforward killers tend to bore me, but they fall behind those four.

When I decide to play killer I tend to really enjoy playing The Shape and The Nightmare, just because you need to be clever with them, especially when survivors know you are playing them they tend to underestimate you.

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 22 Mar 2019, 10:02

Gowi wrote:Honestly, that's a hard question; as a survivor main, I favor killers who are more interesting to outwit. Some of the most challenging killers for me are The Wraith, The Nurse, The Hag, and The Doctor. The straightforward killers tend to bore me, but they fall behind those four.

When I decide to play killer I tend to really enjoy playing The Shape and The Nightmare, just because you need to be clever with them, especially when survivors know you are playing them they tend to underestimate you.

Some cool choices there, Nurse and Wraith are great! I'm a survivor main also, I don't really ever play as the killer. I get more enjoyment from trying to outwit too!
I think the Hag is one I find frustrating because I find her tough if she is played well. I love Michael Myers, I'd say The Shape is my favourite to play against. I'm not a Pig fan although she's not bad :D
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

Gowi
Standard Member
United States of America

Post by Gowi » 22 Mar 2019, 10:21

The Pig's only exhausting because she holds the game hostage with her traps, thus delaying the game. The late game clutch with her is frustrating when she's played well. But yeah, I understand the anxiety against a good Hag, too. I had a guy wipe all of the survivors under two minutes with his power up setup; I went down first, lol.

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 24 Mar 2019, 18:26

New Survivor - Jane Romero

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58015[/ATTACH]

Introducing our newest survivor, the influential talk show host Jane Romero.

Jane Romero was the daughter of a famous actress. Her parents separated when she was still a baby, mainly since her mother was away often. Jane was raised by her father, a struggling visual artist. She grew up torn between resenting her mother’s absence and admiring her presence on screen.

As a teenager, Jane secretly wished to emulate her mother’s talent. She would direct and perform in plays, audition for TV commercials and help her father at his studio. During her senior year, she entered a national oratory contest and won first prize. Her performance attracted the attention of a radio-station that contacted her for an interview. During the live show, her natural charm and repartee impressed the staff, who offered her a part-time job at the station.

After graduating college, she quit her job at the station to work for a trendy variety show. But her frank delivery and ad-libs were not appreciated by the show’s executives

Four months later, she received a phone call from a producer who had seen reruns of the variety show. He was looking for a co-host to spark up the failing show, Quick Talk.

Live television meant long hours, a low salary, and no stability, but it also offered a platform to broadcast her views. She disputed the crude inflammatory tone of Quick Talk and pushed for a relatable coverage of personal issues. Her honest delivery resonated with her audience and within weeks, the show’s viewership was steadily growing.

After two years, she launched a full-hour segment called The Jane Romero Show, which was broadcast nationally and covered tabooed topics, including her personal struggle with abandonment. Her show broke records and her initials J.R. became synonymous with products ranging from beauty creams to fashion accessories.

But Jane needed more; she wanted others to follow in her footsteps. She published a memoir that covered her childhood with an absent mother. Her book was an instant best seller but was reviewed harshly. Jane took this criticism to heart, since despite her success, a voice in the back of her mind was starting to doubt her achievements.

Her success also generated an increasingly demanding schedule and a growing pressure to entertain constantly. During a particularly tense week, she canned an episode and instead launched a two-hour-long special on divorce. When she learned that her mother had agreed to star in her show, her stress level peaked.

The interview proved to be catastrophic. After the show, Jane was driving to her father’s house in New Jersey. She turned on a freeway along the coast to avoid major congestion and popped some pain killers to numb the throbbing pain in her temples, which had been nagging her all day. Black ice covered the highway, which was packed with cars on their way back home. Night fell. A darkness began to blur the corners of her vision and turned the headlights into swirls of red. Jane blinked to sharpen their outlines, but each time she closed her eyes, her eyelids became heavier and slower, until they remained shut, for a moment too long.

The following morning, authorities were fishing out Jane’s car from the water. Despite leading a meticulous search for weeks, they were unable to retrieve her body.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58016[/ATTACH]

(X)
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

Gowi
Standard Member
United States of America

Post by Gowi » 24 Mar 2019, 18:26

...and her perks are?

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 24 Mar 2019, 18:31

Gowi wrote:...and her perks are?

They are mentioned in the spotlight video I posted a bit further up.

But I'll post them here anyway in case you don't want to watch the vid :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58017[/ATTACH]
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

Gowi
Standard Member
United States of America

Post by Gowi » 24 Mar 2019, 18:32

Head On is going to be used to cheese so many killers.

Solidarity seems like its going in the new meta immediately, as well.

Poised is just kinda eh.

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 24 Mar 2019, 18:40

Head on I think will definitely annoy killers.

Here's an example I saw on Twitch the other day :D

https://www.twitch.tv/morf_uk/clip/Crac ... umberSMOrc
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

Gowi
Standard Member
United States of America

Post by Gowi » 24 Mar 2019, 18:43

It begins.

Gowi
Standard Member
United States of America

Post by Gowi » 25 Mar 2019, 09:02

Actually, the more I think about it, the more it seems like Poised is really overpowered. No scratch marks for that long anytime a generator goes off? That's just a bad time for the killer if the survivors are even half-coordinated.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 26 Mar 2019, 00:34

Man I really need to play again I don't even remember the characters anymore lol
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 26 Mar 2019, 00:44

Teeny wrote:Head on I think will definitely annoy killers.

Here's an example I saw on Twitch the other day :D

https://www.twitch.tv/morf_uk/clip/Crac ... umberSMOrc

I laughed seeing that. If I were killer i'd deffently be pissed.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 26 Mar 2019, 00:44

Doesn't the killer always end up getting pissed :P
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 26 Mar 2019, 01:05

GraceMellody wrote:Doesn't the killer always end up getting pissed :P

The spit reminds me of a spitter from left for dead.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 26 Mar 2019, 07:10

GraceMellody wrote:Doesn't the killer always end up getting pissed :P

You do experience a lot of disconnecting/rage quitting in the game, from both sides, killer when they aren't doing well, and survivors if they keep getting caught.
I just keep playing whatever the circumstance, you won't get any points from disconnecting, better to come out a bad game with something even if it's like 1000 points.
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・