Dead by Daylight

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Dead by Daylight

Post by Teeny » 04 Mar 2019, 18:01

Dead by Daylight is a multiplayer (4vs1) horror game where one player takes on the role of the savage Killer, and the other four players play as Survivors, trying to escape the Killer and avoid being caught and killed.

I have created a thread for those who play Dead by Daylight.

The new trailer for the next DLC was released today :)

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Re: Dead by Daylight

Post by GraceMellody » 04 Mar 2019, 20:17

I liked it but never had anyone to play with
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 04 Mar 2019, 21:34

I’ve heard of it but never played it

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Pine!!!
Great Britain

Post by Pine!!! » 05 Mar 2019, 15:40

I love this game but I cannot wait for the new DLC as it has gotten a little bit stale lately.

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Dead by Daylight

Post by Teeny » 05 Mar 2019, 17:48

New DLC - Killer, Survivor, Perks and Map explained more in recent dev livestream here if you're interested @Pine!!!

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 05 Mar 2019, 17:55

I dread to try it again and see how much has changed lol
@MelodiqueArt

Pine!!!
Great Britain

Post by Pine!!! » 05 Mar 2019, 18:02

Oooo cheers! I will check it out now.

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 19 Mar 2019, 21:13

Demise of the Faithful is available now! :)

[video=youtube;074l4CHALcA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=074l4CHALcA&t=0s[/video]
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 19 Mar 2019, 21:14

I redownloaded this, nervous to try again though lol
@MelodiqueArt

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 20 Mar 2019, 17:16

GraceMellody wrote:I redownloaded this, nervous to try again though lol

Awww, I guess it depends what you find scary really. Some of the killers make me jump occasionally but most of them are fine.
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 20 Mar 2019, 17:22

I always find the backstories of the Dead by Daylight characters interesting to read, so think I'm gonna share what the devs post here, incase anyone is ever interested, starting with the new killer.

The Plague - Folklore

Introducing our “oldest” Killer in Dead by Daylight.

When she was five years old, Adiris, the youngest of a family of seven, was left on the brick-red burning steps of the Temple of Purgation at the center of Babylon.

To process her shock and sorrow, she held onto the belief that the gods had a plan for her. She led a life of quiet servitude, tending to the gardens, preparing sacred meals, and polishing ceremonial censers. At night, she would pray for a sign that would reveal her purpose.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57937[/ATTACH]

When she came of age, she aided the high-ranking priests during the yearly worshiping of the sea-goat, the god of water and creation. Swinging a censer down the great hypostyle hall, she cast thick black fumes that reached the cold towering stone pillars before dissipating. Her worries lifted, and the resulting bliss made her feel closer to the gods than ever. She worked herself to the bone each day that followed, fulfilling her duties while taking on new ones, as she aided the priests during purification rituals.

The priests were more and more in need of assistance. Cleansings were being performed daily to answer the demand from outside the high temple walls, where a catastrophic plague had resurfaced. Within months, the priests contracted the disease. It did not take long before they became too weak to perform any kind of ritual. Adiris, having assisted many purification rituals, was the only one able to carry on. The swelling panic had to be contained, even if by a novice.

Anxious before her first ceremony, Adiris visited the priests’s sanctuary chamber. When she lit the candles, she noticed a narrow opening at the back. Sliding through the gap, she reached a crypt hidden under the sanctuary. The chamber was bare except for the golden statue of a woman, who stood outstretched hands, her fingers covered in jewels. It was the sign Adiris had been waiting for.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57938[/ATTACH]

The great hall was packed with followers who bowed down as Adiris entered. She strode to the brick altar and grabbed a ceremonial dagger forged in silver, her ruby ringed fingers wrapping around the blade like claws. The sudden display of luxury intrigued the followers, who were struck already by her youth and beauty.

As she began reciting the epic of creation, a woman at the back swooned and collapsed. Adiris rushed to her and noticed the black blisters covering her feet. Without hesitation, Adiris grabbed her sacred blade and swung it at her own foot, severing a toe. Then she offered the bloody part to the gods, asking them to protect the woman. A silence fell over the followers, who revered Adiris as their new priestess.

Tales of her wealth, beauty, and devotion began to spread across the city as quickly as the disease. Soon, Adiris’s followers called her the High Priestess of Babylon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57939[/ATTACH]

Her faith was tried when she showed the first signs of infection; her cough became a mix of phlegm and blood, her neck erupted in abscesses, and her four-toed foot darkened. Ashamed of her condition, she began wearing a veiled headpiece and carried a censer that masked the rancid smell of sick that clang to her skin. Hoping to be saved, she kept performing the rituals, offering blessed water and food to her followers.

But no ritual could save her. In a desperate attempt to appease the gods, Adiris banished herself from the city. She traveled north with a few followers, venturing through the cold woodlands of Urashtu, until it was no longer possible to walk.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57940[/ATTACH]

They camped in a damp cave, where Adiris lay in a pool of vomit. Her foot, which had turned black, was so swollen she could not go any further. Her followers and she realized the truth in that cave: they were all infected with the plague.

Kneeling among her retching followers, Adiris made one last prayer. The black fumes of incense rose into the damp air before being wiped off by a cold breeze. Neither the body of Adiris nor her followers were ever found. Many told tales of her return, but no one truly knew what fate had befallen the High Priestess of Babylon.

(X)
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 20 Mar 2019, 19:55

That looks very creepy but cool.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 21 Mar 2019, 17:46

I've yet to play Dead by Daylight since she was released so I'm looking forward to facing her :D
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

Gowi
Standard Member
United States of America

Post by Gowi » 22 Mar 2019, 09:09

Well, at least there's a killer that's interesting as opposed to the last few choices.

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 22 Mar 2019, 09:15

Gowi wrote:Well, at least there's a killer that's interesting as opposed to the last few choices.

Yeah, the Legion is awful!
I do like The Clown though, spirit has grown on me.
Played yesterday and ended up being with an AFK one.

Feng took a selfie.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57984[/ATTACH]

Whose your favourite killer?
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・