Your unpopular opinion on video games

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

H03nn89
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by H03nn89 » 09 Jul 2020, 10:22

Very true. Although they are trying get a law passed here for Loot Boxes on games to come under the gambling act.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 09 Jul 2020, 12:23

Kai wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 00:13
GraceMellody wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 19:23
H03nn89 wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 19:51

Oh good. I don’t know, it’s just the fact that it’s doing the same thing over and over again. I do like a game with a decent story.
Buta wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 13:48
Just saw the post above me - I think Smash Bros games are boring too!

My heart is broken reading this
TBH, I want to like modern fighting games, but they lost me with all these paid characters and costumes. with any other genre, especially single player games, it adds to the game, but paid characters might have advantages that free characters don't have, I feel like it takes away from those who might not be able to get them all...
the DLC does disappoint me tbh. Probably why my favourite game in the franchise is Brawl
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 16 Jul 2020, 02:38

The last of us 2

Abby is just a bad character nothing to do with the way she looks or the fact she's friends with a trans person
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 16 Jul 2020, 03:21

abby is a good character and a motivator for revenge as a tool that backfires

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Biggkenny » 16 Jul 2020, 13:49

Old games weren't necessarily better, they just seemed that way because of the environment we were in (mostly)

In MMOs the character shouldn't be the centre of the story

~Biggkenny~

TheHoodedKing
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by TheHoodedKing » 30 Jul 2020, 07:31

Skyrim doesn't need mods to be good. There, I said it.

lambda-sky
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lambda-sky » 30 Jul 2020, 21:15

Lolin wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 00:35
DLC is bread and butter at this point

based on inflation, we pay too little for video games anyways

/devil's advocate
It's also probably a lot of work to make games to the minimum standards people expect these days.
The original Tomb Raider games were hacked together by a few blokes in a shed but you can't really do that anymore.
There's probably a talent issue as well because people who can write highly optimized C++ are also wanted by hedge funds who tend to pay a little bit more than game studios.

TrashM
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by TrashM » 01 Aug 2020, 17:07

The Pokemon franchize does not deserve the popularity they get. Games that have lasted as long as Pokemon have always reinvented itself. They always tried new things especially other Nintendo games. Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, these games changed as technology and capabilities changed. Other than the side games made by other teams (which surpass them), the main games that people talk about are leave a lot to be desired whilst other games have always been way ahed. Even when before the 3D graphics, the sprite work was lacking compared to other sprite based RPGs. Too much the shortcomings of GF are brushed off and given passes with the idea that a game for "everyone" should not be enjoyable to older people. Right now they are coasting on their previous success which is why they nostalgia bait so much. Stuck in the past, unable to evolve with the pokemon they design.
"Do not store up for yourselvs treasures on Earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where theives break in and steal".

Matthew 6:19

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 16 Aug 2020, 17:59

Probably

1) Skyrim is quite a shallow game IMO. Sure it has a lot of content and a huge world but it's just lacking in any depth especially the combat.
2) Cyberpunk 2077 is getting way too much hype. Graphically it looks really good, I'll give it that. But gameplay wise it looks really average.
3) I thought Metal Gear Survive was alright. A 5-6/10 not an awful game but nothing exceptional. Still doesn't deserve the MG name though and I still hate Konami for using the name like that.
4) I'm happy that the Metal Gear series has come to an end. I'd rather see it die off in the state it was in with MGS V and be a beloved series rather than to see more and more sequels that eventually ruins the name of the franchise. It also means Kojima has more freedom to do other games like Death Stranding which was really good.
Mark my words
They will be gone
You'll see them playing games, my dear
They've moved along
Cause one day in the afterlife
We'll meet again
Prophecies - Blind Guardian

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 16 Aug 2020, 18:45

Minecraft is boring af
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.